Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 22:05:53 )

@Wildfire: It was a simple meal, roast beef, carrots and potatoes. :) And yay popcorn! I actually bought some recently for the first time in years myself.

Sorry you didn't sleep well but I hope you had a nice time with your friend!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 22:54:09 )
@Wildfire: I DID do my workout. I cursed you for about 30 seconds into it because I didn't want to. lol! <3 but was glad by the end that I did do it because I slept pretty well. :3 and woke up a bit happier.

I ditched my mom this morning and drove around for a bit, which is why I wasn't on voltra for coffee & chats this AM. She did well without me.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 23:29:46 )
@CooperationIsKey: Sometimes the simple meals are the best :3

Popcorn is weird. Some people swear by it (and live on it, apparently) and others (like myself) are much more "meh" about it. It can be a good snack, but ... I dunno... it's just not my "go to". It was really odd that I ended up making some. I'm not sure the last time I made some was...

It was a lovely day at the beach, visiting with my friend - thank you <3

How was your day? Did you do anything fun or interesting or unusual?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 23:32:18 )
@Koah: LOL! ... you're... welcome?! XD XD I'm glad doing the workout worked out well for you :3
I didn't do anything today other than sit on a beach chair for a good part of the day today, and I'm not planning on doing anything other than sitting on the couch for a good part of tonight... so you're safe... for now! XD

I'm glad mom did well without you today! Go Mom! :3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 23:42:27 )
@Wildfire: Lazy couch day after a beach day sounds perfect. <3
I'll likely do another work out tonight, maybe. we'll see. <.<

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 00:36:50 )

@Wildfire: Glad you had a nice day! :D

Nah, my day was pretty boring to be honest. Highlight was chatting with my mom this morning though; always nice to hear her voice. :) I went back to bed after that and accidentally slept til 3pm (home alone today) soooo...

I did learn that the county's bus pass is being made available on virtual wallets! So I might be able to finally get a "Flamingo" card and get the disbility pass loaded on it to give me a little more freedom. The main thing keeping me from that was the fact that I had to go to one of only a few bus stations that sold the stupid card in order to get it in the first place, which without my own transportation was kinda... tricky. So hopefully this'll make it so I can get around the area a little better on my own sometimes.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 13:55:18 )
@Koah: Good... keep up the momentum! :3 It's a new day and I will probably go to the gym and take my "walk", then come home and do some yoga/pilates at some point. Maybe. Right now, I'm more interested in coffee :3 XD

It's always amazing to me how exhausting sitting on the beach and getting some sun can be XD
... although, my friend and I were under an umbrella for a good part of our visit... I did get some sunburn... /shrug/

@CooperationIsKey: Thank you.

Awww... I'm glad you got a chance to speak to mom!

And that sounds like a wonderful option for you with the bus pass - I hope it works out for you the way you're thinking/hoping! It's important to be able to get around on your own. I took a super quick look at it, and it does look promising, doesn't it? I can see why you'd be excited about it :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 13:59:04 )
Good morning.

What's going on today, guys?

I'm still waking up and dealing with a slightly upset tummy that was bothering me on-and-off for a good part of the night. Errgh.

I have some stuff to do around the house, and should run a couple of errands, including getting to the post office to send a box of stuff to my son. Why is winter-wear so bulky?? Eeesh!

Otherwise... /shrug/ ... I'm not sure what today is going to bring... but Happy Saturday...?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 15:37:22 )
@Wildfire: sunburning totally wipes a person out.
baby decided to be super hyper at bed time, so he didn't go down until 10-10:30, at that point, I made myself food, drew on my tablet [which I haven't done in months] and went to bed.
unfortunately, baby is an early riser and was up at 6am, per usual. I should have went to bed earlier. Cx

Good Morning. I need some coffee and I have work to do today.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:14:55 )
@Koah: It sounds like you could have used a little more sleep, but it also sounds like you got a little "you time" which you needed <3

<------------ I've had 2 1/2 cups so far and I'm still feeling like my eyes aren't completely open... but that might just be the pollen XD

It looks like hubby and I are going to head to the gym in the near future, btw... he hasn't been since we opened the membership and he needs to at least see what's available there and, like me, start getting in to a better routine again...

I hope your day goes well and you get your stuff done!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:20:43 )

@Wildfire: Nah I get that. I'm more comfortable with my own thoughts nowadays compared when I was a lot younger. But there are times I do need a break from them. I'm a natural overthinker/daydreamer and I'm more in my head than being aware of my surroundings. The greatest struggle is actually putting actions on what I've learned on my alone time. I would say that's a no.1 cause why I'm so hard on myself all the time.

From what I remember your only a few years older than me? I could be wrong though. I don't think your that old. I feel like people are too self-aware of their age once they hit their thirties. But honestly I hope once I'm at that age I'll feel more mature up there and stop acting such a teenager xD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:28:32 )
@Purpsy: yeah... things kind of "settle" after a while and you get to know and trust in your own thoughts more.
I understand what you're saying, but maybe you journal or whatever and then once a month you decide to implement and actually do one thing that you've learned from your alone time... instead of trying to do it all....???

LOL. I'm old, Purpsy. My eldest son is almost 22... so...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:39:58 )

@Wildfire: Consistency is kind of my issue but I already sort of do that (^▽^;)
I'm trying to be patient to myself and my own self-growth but I'm not very patient by nature unfortunately...

ooh... *bows down* Sorry for assuming! >.<;;
But I'll be honest you do seem young to me when chatting with you.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:48:32 )
@Purpsy: LOL. It's not a problem - really. ...and "thank you"... I think? XD <3 I'm a "young old" person XD Most of my friends are younger than I am... sometimes significantly :3 I just am who I am... I don't believe in age being much more than a number in most cases, and after a certain point. Like there's obviously a difference between 15 and 25... but between 25 and 35? ... not so much (just throwing random numbers out to make the point).

Patience tends to be a matter of expectations... do you expect too much of yourself??

Hubby has finally gotten off the guitar and away from the computer, so....off to the gym! bbl. *waves*

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 17:13:51 )
@Wildfire: I hope you and hubby enjoy some gym time today. :3
I had one big cup of coffee this morning, I still need a nap. XD

i don't know how much work I'm actually going to get done at this rate. e.e

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 18:02:25 )

@Wildfire: Yep that's very true. Age matters very little and maturity comes differently for everyone. There are days I feel like I'm age 30 plus when I'm only 27...

That is most likely the case. I often think there are certain issues I should have solved by now but didn't.
It feels like I've gone so far and none at all at the same time. But have fun working out~ I'm going to hit the showers soon.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 18:57:41 )
@Koah: Thank you. I walked 2 miles and did some upper-body machines (chest extension, biceps, triceps...). Now I'm going to do some stretching/yoga. :3 Hubby did the rowing machine and some free weight upper body exercises. We're hoping this is the beginning to a regular workout regime... something that we've both been a little lax with the last couple of years...

I hope you get done what you need to get done... but I also hope you get a chance to rest and relax <3 Good luck. :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 18:59:19 )
@Purpsy: I've found that there are different layers to understanding yourself or to understanding an issue... you can only go as deep in to something as your current understanding... and that things that aren't fully resolved tend to come back later, for a more in-depth evaluation... it's cyclical... or like a spiral. But it makes life interesting XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 15:45:41 )

@Wildfire: I always worry that when it does come back, it might be such a harsh of a change. I'm not very good at dealing with those things but I like your positive outlook to it. I hope one day I get somewhat good at dealing life tugging me around a bit.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 16:02:52 )
@Purpsy: I didn't say each cycle was necessarily pleasant, but it does seem to get easier each time because you understand the thing and yourself better each time... Don't dread the cycles - it's just part of life.

Anyway, good morning. How are you doing today? Do you have any plans or anything for the day?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.