Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How do you clean your tarot cards?

Artist — Lion Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/01/11 18:31:36 )
I have a tarot deck my dad got in like the 1980s that need cleaned and I’m unsure how to properly do it. :0

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/01/11 21:38:52 )
You remind me of the babe~ (What babe?) The babe with the power~

@KDA Drew: I'm guessing you mean that the cards need to be wiped down?

Just use a lightly damp cloth and let the cards air dry separately. (Baby wipes that are oil-free would work as well) I'd suggest avoiding clorox or alcohol-based wipes unless absolutely necessary as they may fade the cards; especially if used often. But for one initial clean, it should be okay if that's what you have on hand.

And a bit of advice, just in case, if there are a few cards that get stuck together; use a mist spray bottle and gently damp the cards before trying to separate them so as not to risk damaging the cards.

Otherwise, if it's just a smell that's the issue, you can set the cards in baking soda for a while and then gently wipe it off with a dry microfiber towel to help get rid of the smell. Baby powder works too from what I hear and it leaves a nice scent behind but I've personally never tried it myself.

The power of voodoo~ (Who do?) You do~
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/01/12 01:26:02 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Oh god for a second i thought i was doing a dumb and not doing a "spiritual cleaning" lol.
Ive had my deck for awhile now. Just like PoeticTorment said a lightly damb cloth should work fine!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Joey | 20 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Portfolio | Carrd

Donator — she/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/01/12 01:48:05 )
I only have one tarot deck, which I don't clean at all / am still trying to figure out how to use it xD I just thought it looked really pretty when buying it :P Thank you for the cleaning tips, everyone ^^
"Winter comes, skies to gray; where it starts and where it ends, I feel your pain. The shadows, the angels walk through this strange world. The morning light will lead you, no weapon will defeat you." ~Palaye Royale. / Art Gallery.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.

Don't want to see the ads? You can purchase a "TV Head" from Ohm-My-Gosh Imports.