Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Here long term or just passing through?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/24 11:09:05 )

Hello!

My friend @Vegan and I just found this website today and I can say I am honestly so impressed!

I joined Gaia (anyone else remember the days when it was go-gaia?) in 2003 at the ripe old age of 13 and my username there is SageWolfe, but I hardly use it anymore. It's just not as fun with the pressure (read: temptation) to buy Gaia Cash.

Anyway, hello. I'm not sure how long I'll stay around because I have habits of starting things and randomly forgetting all about them a week in. XD

Tell me, how long have you been around here and what's your favorite thing about Voltra so far?

Donator — She/They Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/24 11:15:25 )
I am SO glad you joined me over here! I agree about Gaia being 'pay to have good things' mentality.

Over here, somehow, it feels like the money would go to better use I guess? I don't know.

I am not here to rip on either site, it's just an observation. But, welcome in!

( For those wondering, we've been real-life best friends since we were 12 ).

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/24 12:39:28 )
    Hello! Welcome to Voltra :) have been here since the beginning, like 4 years??? My favourite thing by far is the people! Such lovely people here :) I hope you do stick around!

Donator — she/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/24 14:51:28 )

Hello, welcome to Voltra! :)

I’ve been here since March or April. Aside from the avatar site nostalgia, I joined because I loved the look of the avatars. And as someone who frequently used Solia Online before the change I was looking for a site that had some similarities (small community, mostly forum-based, etc), and Voltra seemed like the right place. :) The users here are nice and helpful, as well!

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/24 16:39:32 )

@Sage: Hey welcome to Voltra. A lot of us where on Gaia back in the day including myself. They are the ones that gave me my love of avatar sites.
Sites like these are always more fun with friends. We would love for you to stick around, we are always looking for new members to join the club haha.
I've been here since day 2 (2017) and my fav thing about Voltra is a tie between the community and the events. The community is friendly and supportive.
The events on Voltra have awesome event items that you actually will want to wear and stuff run daily threads and other contests.

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/24 17:37:26 )

I definitely feel you on the Gaia side! I've been on there since I was in middle school and the whole having to pay go gc to have good things has gotten soo much worse in recent years. I can't stay active on there for more than a month anymore.

My fav thing about voltra is the laid back environment(you honestly don't feel pressed to have nice things in order to belong etc), the avis and the events

I hope you stick around! We can always use new faces/friends

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:07:20 )

@sunny: I adore your avatar! ♥ I am definitely thinking I will stick around. It seems like a good atmosphere!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:09:16 )

@Ark: I was briefly on Solia Online too! I actually was trying to remember the names of the non-Gaia avatar communities I used to frequent and that's how we found our way here, lol. The avatars are definitely cute! So much to customize too!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:11:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Your avatar is gorgeous! I am planning on sticking around. I don't really have in real life friends at the moment, and I miss taking to people outside of my dayjob! Lol.

The events seem like a lot of fun! I am glad I am catching the tail end of this one!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:12:41 )

@NixieFae: I still love Gaia for the nostalgia, but I never post. I am loving it here so far!

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:19:17 )

@Sage:
Hello!
Welcome to Voltra! :)
It's nice to see new people joining! :D I've been here since December 2020. So I'm still kinda new compared to everyone else. xD
I love the community here. :) Everyone is so kind and accepting! :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:31:26 )

@Kory: It definitely seems like most people have been around for a long time! That's great! I am kind of becoming addicted already. XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 02:43:33 )

@Sage:
Yeah! It seems like when people join here, they stay! xD
I'm glad you're having a good time, though! That's great to hear. :D

I hope to see you around the forums!

I'm Pea! (<---clicky please)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 04:07:55 )

@Sage: thank you so much. I think we are have way through the current event? I’m not staff so I’m not sure. If you go to the door threads you can get an event item for free just by posting there. ^^

Voltie — they/he Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 06:09:21 )
ive been here a while surprisingly cause usually when i join a site i dont stay long term

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 07:03:08 )

@Sage: Same! I mainly just go on Gaia to play dress up and oogle at the items I can't afford haha!

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 13:02:15 )

@NixieFae: Yea, I have so much crap on there. XD It's a lot to give up.

@Stinky: I have been here just playing jigsaw and scrolling around since I joined. I never stay even this long anymore!

@Totalanimefan: Thanks for letting me know! I've just been buying them with the keys. XD LOVE the event items so far!

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 16:04:05 )
    @Sage: I hope you do! And you can always ask for help if you have any questions :)

currently: letting my novel rest; working on short stories

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 18:04:16 )

@Sage: yeah they event items on here are always great! They are pixeled just as well as regular items on here and are often multi-pose.
I’ll send you some past goodie bag items from past events. You can open them and pick which event item you want.

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2021/11/25 19:50:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh my gosh, thank you so much for that! D: <3

@sunny: Thank you, I will probably take you up on that offer at some point!

With love,
Sage ♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.