Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Show me your plants! - It’s almost spring!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 23:00:25 )

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. I read that darker leaves on snake plants means more light?
But then some plants get bleached out by the sun if it's too much for them. If only your plants could talk!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/9 23:02:47 )

I bought a bag of plant mystery enamel pins on Etsy last night! I can't wait to see which ones I get!
Link to Etsy shop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 02:54:29 )

I watered my plants today. I feel like I've been reading so much about overwatering that I don't want to do that

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 18:16:33 )

You could just keep it in a plant?
I bought one and I'm waiting for it to ship to me. ^^ I got the 3-1 one.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 00:04:30 )
@Totalanimefan: i find the weird 1s beautiful. Had such an obsession growing up. fly traps, pitchers, spider plants etc. Call me an odd ball XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 01:00:55 )

@DreamerZ: Those are really cool! I think that those are rare plants? I'm not sure. I also don't know if they are pet safe more my space but they are super awesome. Have you thought about getting one? They are native to the Carolinas. So it wouldn't be that different from northern FL.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 02:40:48 )
@Totalanimefan: fly traps n pitcher are safe to anything not a bug lol. I can see a cat trying to bat at a spider plant bc they dangle, though I'm sure they're safe too. I use to be so knowledgable about this stuff. But, my green thumbs long gone XD. I'm just a Wikipedia nowadays and admire

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 03:50:27 )

@DreamerZ: I wanted to get a spider plant but they were out of them when I was at store. Sad. lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 08:34:01 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank you!! Yeah, we got hit with a lot of snow recently :( but yeah, they do okay, mostly because my heater is right below them lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 20:30:15 )

@Hobgoblin: Here too, and this weekend we might be getting some more too? I should head to the store today and get some food. We are pretty low.
My heater has been on 24/7 and it's still freezing downstairs in my house.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:23:46 )
@Totalanimefan: Aw maybe 1 day. Theyre nice for plant lovers and visually

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:55:11 )

@DreamerZ: That would be nice. Or maybe I could get a hanging planter so my cat doesn't get into it?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 03:15:10 )
@Totalanimefan: if youre ok w/ those. I'm short n,n

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 06:44:10 )

@DreamerZ: lol I’m short too. I’m 5’2 ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 06:45:03 )

I got my 3 in 1 moisture reader today. I’m very happy to have one.

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 07:42:54 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah it's been raining here for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get more snow. But yeah same here heater on 24/7 and wearing hoodies everyday lol yeah time to avoid the downstairs. Hope you were able to go to the store today!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 16:52:05 )

@Hobgoblin: I got an order in at the local target but they were out of SOOO many things. No eggs. No milk. No hamburger buns. No Cream of Wheat. No Impossible meat. etc etc
Today I feel like I should walk the 15 mins it takes to get to Whole Foods and buy stuff there. They will have things in stock for sure. But do I really want to walk 15 mins, then get the stuff from the store and then walk back? (I have no car, which is fine, it's just cold out lol)

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 19:13:37 )

@Totalanimefan: Omg wow that's awful D: I'm so sorry, I've been there it sucks. Oh yeah well I'm glad you got stuff you needed or wanted, but yeah oof the walk back sucks carrying stuff home, I know what you mean I don't have a car/drive either. Which yeah fine, but walking in the cold and snow sucks lol

“I can turn to that day as though it were a page in a book. It’s written so deeply upon my mind I can almost taste the ink.”

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 20:48:09 )

@Hobgoblin: Yeah it does and last week cause of the weather + covid + supply issues there was next to no food on the shelves. This week is better, but not perfect. I haven't gone on the walk yet, but I need a break from my class so I'm going to leave shortly.
I love being car-free driving is really stressful to me, so also I can't just drive to every store in the area to look for food atm. Normally it's not a problem at all, and really driving wouldn't really help me cause if the store is empty, it's empty. lol
Yeah snow is pretty, but walking there and then back with food sounds a little risky. I'm good at not falling though.
How are your plants doing?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 03:05:22 )
@Totalanimefan: adorably small

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.