Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Show me your plants! - It’s almost spring!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 04:01:15 )

@DreamerZ: I heard it’s rough. I’ve never done online dating. I did meet someone online and we started dating a few months in but it wasn’t through an app. ^^; that was 12 years ago though. I’ve been married (to a different person) since 2013.
My sister has done online dating and some of the people are like yikes lol

@CooperationIsKey: thanks for posting photos! I love seeing other people’s plants. How long have you had your plants?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 04:10:08 )
@Totalanimefan: yes very yikes, some very toxic, superficial, etc. Depends where ya go I guess.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 04:54:04 )

@DreamerZ: That's exactly what it's been like for her. I feel bad because she is nice, caring, hard working, and pretty. But it's hard to find someone. I got lucky. I met my husband in college. ^^

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 05:15:44 )
@Totalanimefan: she really does seem good. Esp if you say so w/ how nice you are

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 06:29:08 )

@DreamerZ: Aw thanks. My sister is a hairdresser and she is damn good at it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 07:09:37 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah dang, that's super helpful, and yeah lol that's why I would buy one just for my plant's XD Yeah, I'm sure once winter has passed the plants will be happier. Yeah, I love jade plants, it is my third one now lol I got it from a local store in town! No jade plants aren't safe for pets, so I would not recommend them if you can't keep them away from your pets. I have a small dog (a Maltipoo) so I'm very careful and keep them where she can't reach them!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 19:40:59 )

@Hobgoblin: I have 5 plants and I'm thinking about getting a second one. Of course you can clean it and put it in other pots, but maybe having two at once would be good? I'm not sure. I'm also thinking about looking into the self watering nodes.
I feel like I'm just trying to keep them alive atm lol. I am seeing some new growth on some of my plants, but also sometimes the new growth it dying? That happened on my watermelon peperomia. So idk? Could just be stress cause they are new? I've had them about two weeks but maybe that happened in the first week?
Darn that means I can't get a jade plant! And they are really pretty! My cat was leaving my plants alone but now that I'm paying more attention to them I think he's jelly and he sometimes runs past them or bites them to get my attention. If I only had a dog I would be ok because I could hand them or put them on a table. My cat could get at both of those things.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 02:20:29 )
@Totalanimefan: im so late today. Hope youre well'
and that's interesting. Is she good?
I'm being so nosey, sry lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 04:10:12 )

@DreamerZ: It's ok. I like my sister and don't mind taking about her.
She and her BF just spilt up. They had been dating for a year but decided they weren't right for each other. She is taking it well since it was mutual. But now she has to move out and she found a place. The move is in 2 weeks I think she said?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 04:16:14 )
@Totalanimefan: glad it was even. i hate a nice person in pain

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 04:42:59 )
@Totalanimefan: beautiful!!
0ne of our babies is not doing so, well. It had an ant infestation and we decided to let it get some fresh air outside. 0f course it had to rain and be cold, when we have had mostly nice weather.
Lucky, are other babies are doing well and are healthy.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 05:24:50 )

@Qiqi Agatha: thank you! I try! They don’t look as nice as the people that know what they are doing lol
Oh no I’m sorry that happened. Has it recovered? You can post pictures here if you want.

@DreamerZ: thanks. I also gave her some money for her move to help out.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 05:40:48 )
@Totalanimefan: such a good sis =Q.Q=

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 07:33:42 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh, nice your collection is growing! (don't mind the unintentional pun) Yeah, I think having more the one would be nice just so you have that option, and yeah there is a couple of self-watering tools out there. Hey keeping what you have alive now is good. Oh yeah, new growth that's exciting! I had something similar happen to one of my plants (and I have no clue what kind of plant it is tbh) its has some new growth but also had some newer growth die. Stress can definitely be it! Give it some time I suppose?

Yeah dang, that's too bad cause yeah there so pretty, but it's better to aim at the cautious side. Lol that is kinda adorable, I love cats; but yeah not good for either of them having him bite them XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 17:42:39 )

@DreamerZ: Thanks ^^
@Hobgoblin: Thanks. I think I'm good with 5 atm, but I'm sure in the future I'm going to want more plants. Winter makes it hard to know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. I'll see new growth on the pray plants, but also I see that the ends are brown and crispy and I don't know what to do about it, I have a humidifier. Haha
I hope your plant will continue to grow. I wonder what they will be like in the spring. :)
Yeah my cat is too much of a lovable butthole for me to have non-pet safe plants.

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 02:58:51 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that's a good amount to start with for sure! I was the same started with only a couple and now well πŸ˜… Yeah winter can be a pain, but it will pass soon, and you will know and learn more. Yeah, brown tips can be frustrating! It is usually a simple or easy fix though. Sometimes it's just something you got to live with, especially if the plant overall is healthy and happy. Thank you! I'll have to take a photo of it now and an updated photo later! LMAO yeah, better stick with the safe plants.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 03:20:19 )
@Totalanimefan: how they growing. Are they handling the cold ok?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 06:19:32 )

@DreamerZ: I try to keep it warm enough for them. My prayer plants have two new leaves. I posted a pic on Twitter. Here it is https://twitter.com/hannahfoll/status/1483563677156614149?s=21

@Hobgoblin: yeah true. They don’t have to look perfect as long as they are happy but also how will I know lol
My cat was walking through the plants today just to get my attention while I was busy. I hate that he learned to do that recently. It’s been colder than average here. I can’t wait to see your pics!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 07:23:25 )
@Totalanimefan: i love how the leaves look like designs. Why are they called prayer?

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 08:23:13 )

@Totalanimefan: Mhm yeah exactly, and uh that I don't know XD Plants can be tricky for sure. Lol aww yeah not the best way to get your attention that's for sure xD Yeah same here, colder than usual this winter. I usually love winter but I'm tired of it lol

γ€Ž “I can turn to that day as though it were a page in a book. It’s written so deeply upon my mind I can almost taste the ink.” 』

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.