Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Show me your plants! - It’s almost spring!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 17:43:03 )

@DreamerZ: The two plants that are in the forefront and are the same are Prayer Plants. They are called that because at night they raise their leaves and people say it's like they are in 'prayer' and then during the day they drop back down. I think they are very pretty. Those are Lime or Neon Prayer Plants. There is a red prayer plant too.

@Hobgoblin: I'm so tired of winter. I don't mind the snow cause I'm studying from home but it's just that it's been soo cold and my house is horrible at keeping the heat in so it's very cold. I barely go downstairs because it's just too cold. I hang out on the 2nd story in the 'office' room. (My husband works from home) Plants were also brought up from downstairs. I kinda like where they are though. I get to see them more. How are your plants doing this winter? How's the new jade plant?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 18:39:40 )

@Delightfully: Oh no! I'm sure that you could rescue it! How cold is cold? I heard that if the roots don't get too cold you could cut it back and then it will grow again in the spring.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 21:41:57 )
@Totalanimefan: thats beautiful

@Delightfully: im sorry QQ

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 22:37:38 )

@DreamerZ: Thanks! They are tropical plants so they like to be warm and humid. :)

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/20 01:16:01 )
@Totalanimefan: i must be a tropical plant n,n

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/20 01:36:48 )

@DreamerZ: I know for sure I'm a tropical plant too lolol

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/20 02:24:02 )
@Totalanimefan: my babies (plants) so you can see them, including my dying baby.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/20 06:07:36 )
@Totalanimefan: It is still fighting to stay alive. It is hard to see, but the top tip is still green.

I am so embarrassed.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/20 07:00:06 )

@Qiqi Agatha: oh no. What kind of plant is it?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/20 23:48:37 )
@Totalanimefan: Gold Dust part of the Croton family. This site has more info on my baby.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 00:25:32 )

@Qiqi Agatha: I'm new to plants, but I've been reading a lot about them. I think it's overwatered and the sunlight is too harsh? Was it left out in the cold?

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 01:08:13 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah same, so tired of it. Yeah, snow is all well and good if you don't have to walk or shovel it lol Yeah my house is bad at keeping the heat in too so I feel your pain there. Oh well that's good you have an office to go to, and that's nice he gets to work from home! Yeah oh, maybe the plants will stay up there from now on eh? The new jade plant is doing well, still small and cute. Plants doing better now that we're heading towards the end of the month, hoping for a warmer February.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 01:31:46 )

@Hobgoblin: The 'office' I was talking about is just my 2nd bedroom haha. I don't leave the house much
I'm tired of the cold and being cold and worse part is when you have to shower. Who wants to be cold in the shower? I'm also hoping for a warmer Feb. Doesn't have to be warm, but like a little less freezing rain or snow or sleet would be nice. Also by Feb the days will be 'longer'. Which always helps.
Is your Jade plant able to get enough sun? Do you have it in a sunny spot?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 02:00:05 )
@Totalanimefan: i'll take warmth over cold any day

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 02:38:52 )

@DreamerZ: Totally agree and so do my plants lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 03:24:37 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh nice, that sounds cozy. I don't leave the house much either lol Oh yeah showering really does suck right now, it's okay being in there all nice and warm, but as soon as you step out? Just attacked by the cold. Yeah, just less freezing rain and snow would be nice, and yes the longer days and more light during the day hopefully. Yeah, my Jade plant is in a sunny spot, near the windowsill, but I also have a biggie plant light~!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 03:41:33 )

@Hobgoblin: Thanks. I like this 2nd bedroom now office. It's also the warmest place in the house.
Yes. I grew up in Florida where you never needed to worry about that. I hate showering in winter when it's cold lol
I'm soo looking forward to the longer sunlight hours. All of this darkness for so long really messes with my body clock. I find myself staying awake longer and waking up later. Not a fan.
Oh your Jade will love both of those things. What kind of plant light do you have ?

Donator — They/Them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 06:42:05 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh nice, glad you have somewhere warm to hide in. Oh yeah went from somewhere nice and sunny and warm practically all seasons to this lol, and yes omg same it really messes with me too :'( It's a nice one, with three heads, that I can move around, and adjust the levels and has different timer settings, got it off amazon lol

“I can turn to that day as though it were a page in a book. It’s written so deeply upon my mind I can almost taste the ink.”

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 21:45:29 )

@Hobgoblin: Where did you grow up and where are you now?
I have a SAD lamp, do you have one too? Luckily I don't need to use it every day. When I lived in England I wish I would have known about them because I need one almost every day in England.
Oh that's nice. Do you feel like it helps your plants out a lot? Does the light make it hard for you to go to sleep or feel tired?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/21 22:36:47 )
@Totalanimefan: we need to stay strong

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.