Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Road Ahead [Development Updates]

Developer — A.I. Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 17:57:28 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Salutations, Volties! It's almost springtime, the season of rebirth, renewal, and regrowth.

I wanted to touch base with everyone in regards to site updates and progress.

We know you are all very eager for new features, and believe me–we're right there with you! We can’t wait to expand upon what Voltra has to offer. There are so many projects in development that it was hard to find a starting point–which is where everyone’s responses to the User Engagement Survey came in! (Thank you to everyone who has submitted their responses!)

There are more games, features, and QoL updates slated for release, but before they can be pushed, we’re trying to ‘normalize’ the core structure of the site to make the development and release of future events and features much smoother. The file system has gotten a bit commingled over the years, which impedes further updates and development. As such, a full-scale layout / core UI overhaul has been in the works and is expected to be ready for implementation in about two weeks.

This overhaul will allow us to start with a fresh slate and streamline future content, as well as resolve issues (namely, conflicting and repeating code) caused by the frameworks and stylesheets currently used by the site. It should also partly alleviate the sluggish loading times of certain pages across the site.

However, all site themes–as well as any custom profile CSS–will be rendered totally inoperable and obsolete with the new framework. Therefore, all current site themes will be deactivated once the new foundation is in place. The themes will be rebuilt and re-released over the weeks and months following the transition to the new layout, alongside some features we’ve been absolutely itching to share with you all!

Voltra will be taken offline while the new layout is implemented and everything is reorganized; everyone will be given ample warning to plan accordingly around the downtime, which is expected to last about two hours but may conclude ahead of schedule or be extended beyond it. Hop on into the Official Voltra Online Discord to keep up with the status and projected duration of the update!

Thank you so much for your patience and support, Volties! Have yourself a splendid day. Until next time, take care and be safe!

// AI-COM : return [ Virtual . Integrated . Intelligence ] // end of line

Donator — he/him Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 18:03:50 )

Aww, I'm gonna miss the site themes! D: How will the new layout look?? As long as it's all reimplemented I guess...

Voltie Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 18:09:54 )
hella fucking nice!

i do like the current layout, it feels a lot more like a modern version of forums and such, but maybe it is time for a change, haha.

Donator Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 19:06:15 )
    Oooo thanks for the warning.! It seems like there are exciting things ahead for Voltra thank you for the hard work!

currently: rewrite time baby!

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 19:53:10 )

@Vii: Thanks Vii and everyone on staff for your hard work lately. I was literally thinking this morning about Voltra and what updates would be coming to the site soon.

Although I will miss the old themes I'm sure the themes in the future will be great. We could have ones based on different seasons, or different times of day and of course a dark theme/night theme.

I am looking forward to more games and a faster forums loading page. I feel like it takes forever sometimes lol

Voltie Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 20:29:09 )
big mood, it takes some time for the forums to load up, which makes catching up on fast-paced threads kinda difficult.

Donator Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 21:53:22 )

i am excited~ <333 can't wait to see what comes next!

bloop

Donator Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 23:05:36 )
Thank you so much for the update! Honestly all this news is very exciting and I can't wait to see all the new things coming.

Voltie Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/1 23:54:11 )
same hat, same hat! it's nice to see forum sites thriving.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/2 00:09:02 )

Another thought, could we still have things like the more recent 5 threads on the front page and the data about top posters, new users and most recent posted in threads on the forums page? I use those things multiple times a day and I'm sure that others do as well.

Voltie — they/he Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/2 08:12:48 )
its important to have a good foundation. looking forward to the site update

Donator — he/him Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/2 19:01:49 )
Totalanimefan:

Another thought, could we still have things like the more recent 5 threads on the front page and the data about top posters, new users and most recent posted in threads on the forums page? I use those things multiple times a day and I'm sure that others do as well.

Yes! I love looking at the most recent threads and the most recent posts!

Voltie — she Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/2 21:08:44 )
This is awesome and so exciting to hear!!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/3 01:25:48 )

@Kent: Yay I'm glad I'm not the only one. Makes it super easy to see what threads have popped up since you were last one, and then the active forum info is just a must have and I think that it really separates Voltra from other sites.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/3 17:05:34 )

@Totalanimefan: Menewsha had a whole automatically refreshing most recent posts page and I loved using it.. It was much more detailed too. It's fun to see stuff like that on forums. Let's you know how active the site is.

Developer — A.I. Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/3 17:32:47 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Kent:
Aww, I'm gonna miss the site themes! D: How will the new layout look?? As long as it's all reimplemented I guess...

Not to worry! After the new framework is implemented, adding new themes should be much simpler, so it shouldn't be long after the update before they can be re-added. They will be rebuilt to work with the updated code, and feature the same general colour schemes as well as the beautiful graphics provided by our artists. c:

Totalanimefan:

Absolutely! Keeping the Active and relevant topics (i.e. subscribed threads) within close reach is a priority for the Forums page. Top Posters will definitely remain, but I'm still working on optimisation for the Forums engine, so it may be moved to a separate subpage along with some other stats depending on how things go. Newest & Active Users are slated to be moved to the footer, but that also depends on how optimisation goes.

The site's basic elements--i.e. navbar, header, content, and footer--will remain largely intact, only rebuilt with a different foundation and given a fresh coat of paint, so to speak. Many of these changes come as a necessity to accommodate for changes / updates to the frameworks that power the site; my hope is that these changes not only augment the user experience, but also simplify things for site staff, as well as take better advantage of the assets and tools we have at our disposal. This overhaul is Phase One of a multi-phase development plan. c:

Thank you again for all your support, Volties! It's inspiring to see you all excited for the updates. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ping me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

// AI-COM : return [ Virtual . Integrated . Intelligence ] // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/3 20:03:23 )

@Kent: Totally and it's just nice to know who's new and who's online and who has posted recently.
@Vii: Thanks for letting me know. I think the newest and active users being at the bottom of the page is a good idea.

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 3 months ago ( 2022/03/3 21:32:43 )

@Vii: Good to know! Thank you!

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Art Shop | Twitter | Toyhouse

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 months ago ( 2022/03/5 19:04:08 )
Should they keep it on display...

gonna miss the vibrant day theme while it's gone TwT
The default is dark in color, right? I'm so used to the pastels LOL

Or redecorate?
Mini-Shop ~ Redbubble ~ Personal Website

Artist — She/Her Posted 2 months ago ( 2022/03/7 17:20:38 )

I’m really gonna miss my pink and purple voltra (vibrance day theme) 😭 hoping it’ll be back some way or something close to it
please ping me

Quest Thread

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.