Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 17:19:15 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojiBuA97rdc <--- YouTube video
Did anyone else watch it?! I'm very excited for Gen 9! I feel like they told us a lot about the story today. I want to know more about version differences and what are the other two story paths? Are they post-game?

Also a thread to talk about the game post release.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 18:54:20 )
I'm watching it now! Keep having to go back and re-watch parts because if I glance away for even a second I miss so much!! I'm probably gonna watch it again either on my lunch break or when I get home.

I'm so excited! We have a region name! We get the legendaries right at the beginning?!
I think I only spotted 2 more new Pokemon?
Also they've changed the mega/totem/dyna-gigantamax mechanic again? why is there a new one every gen?

Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 19:57:57 )

@Alchemists Fire: Yeah I saw that they changed that and I don't know why they do it. I liked the Mega's, but after that I was over it each gen.

I'm going to watch a video break down once those are up cause I'm sure that I missed a lot of stuff. I really like the new Wooper form. And it's weird that we seem to get them at the beginning. Maybe we don't catch them then and can only use them to get around, and then post-game we get them? It didn't show us using it on our parties. So maybe? There are so many questions I feel like I have about the game.
It also seems like this gen is finally changing the formula and I'm happy about that.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 20:28:22 )
    I remember the stranglehold Pokemon GO had on everyone a few years ago. It's just wild to me how far this has come--both in terms of the breadth of Pokemon and the evolving types of gameplay. The last time I played it was still very much a turn-based game.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 21:40:54 )

@blue: I still play Pokemon Go. ^^ It's a fun game that gets me out of the house, but it could be better.
Last time you played Go? Or a main line Pokemon game?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 02:11:23 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I watched it, for some reasen it made me laugh when i saw how you could ride on one of the legendarys lol. They look so silly, one has wheel that dosnt get used and just run, and then when they start flying...
I rly like Fidough! A lil dough pup!!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 03:30:51 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

If this game doesn’t have a good plot I’ll be so upset. Sword and shields plot was so disappointing and I miss the days of a good villain team.

Like class I team tocket

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 17:07:48 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Such a cute pokemon.
It is a little silly, but I'm into it. I want to ride haha

@Spider: I would love it if they had a better plot. My husband can't get into the games because of that. He does like the designs and loves cute Pokemon.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 18:42:54 )
    @Totalanimefan: Just a Pokemon game in general. I still enjoy the pixel graphics, and I've just been waiting around for when the games look a bit more refined before spending the time and money on them. The worlds have a great concept, all things said.

I never played Pokemon GO--I believe I was working most of the time when it came out so I missed the craze. I don't regret it, though. My sibling really loves the game and was always out skateboarding to a gym or new spawn that popped up on the city map.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 20:02:53 )

@blue: You could always start and play with your sibling if you wanted. There is never a bad time to get into Pokemon Go if you ask me.
I miss the pixel graphics too, but I understand why they moved to 3D too. I love Pixel art so much but it's a dying breed.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 20:45:59 )
    @Totalanimefan: Speaking of Pokemon, it looks like the Summer '22 Plasma Orb took some inspiration, no?

And I could, I could...but I won't. //laughs
    I'm slowly shifting more towards reading. It has been years since I've read for pleasure for longer than a few days so I want to get back into that hobby.

I don't mind the 3d, and I can see why there's so much appeal. Especially when some games have a lot of fun with it and you can see the charm. But often it feels like the games are being released prematurely in regard to the design. Perhaps it's simple on purpose and I'm not understanding it, but it's just my take. I do know the focus--at least in the recent Pokemon games--is on the monsters, but it's kind of startling to see just a plain plain with a contrasting item/monster plopped in the middle.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 20:53:21 )

@blue: Yes I did. I love it when sites have 'Pokemon' type items. I think they are really fun.

Reading is something that my husband does. He does it every night before bed.

I do feel like the games need more polish or they just need more people that understand how to work with 3D models. Gen 8 felt very empty. I didn't get that vibe from Gen 6 or 7. I actually really like Gen 6!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/8 23:56:10 )

Ohh i havent had the chance to watch this until now! I'm very intrigued and I hope it'll be super good! I haven't had a lot of trust in the quality of pokemon games for a while. I think we chatted about the last one they came out with, where a lot of concerns people had was with the world being kinda empty? (I thought it was supposed to be open world too? but this trailer says this is the first open world pokemon?)

Ill definitely wait until people get it and play it enough to give a good feedback. If its truly open world and truly coop, without being a redundant and empty world, I'll be so dang excited to hop on it <3

Pokemon snap has been my only recent excitement with pokemon games these days. So I know they're still able to make some slappin' gameplay :')

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 00:01:57 )
I'm sort of excited, but I would really really like to see a new eevee evolution. Plus I do hope there is enough post game content to give me something to do. Cause I feel like the games don't have enough play time for me.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 06:35:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I was fine when it was like megas and totems, but now it's just getting silly (even if I do like some of the Gigantamax forms)

The new Wooper is kinda cute, but it went by so fast I didn't notice that it's little ear-antennae things changed shape! I'll have to watch it again =D
I'm absolutely in love with Pawmi and Fidough, they'll be instant must-haves. I've also seen some hilarious things that people are hoping Fidough evolves into (like name predicitons), just can't remember what they are right now xD
I think you're right about the legendaries, it looks like they're more a "tool" than a party member, sort of like the ride-on Pokemon in gen 7 that replaced HMs, and same thing in Legends Arceus.

I'm so excited about the multiplayer, and I really hope it's not just the raid battles but exploring the open world as well ♥

@blue: I'm still victim to the Pokemon Go stranglehold, lol. Pokemon games were still very much turn-based up to gen 8 and even Legends Arceus, so I'm curious what the new gen will look like in terms of battle format.

I don't even care if the story "sucks" (matter of opinion for sure), I just wanna collect all the new cool Pokemon and lose myself in a fantasy world for a bit ♥

@Rei Ann: I'm with you on the hopes for a new Eeveelution! We haven't had one since gen 6, it's about bloody time! At this rate they "owe" us like 3 or 4! I was so sure Gen 8 was gonna have one, considering we got new ones in gen 2, gen 4, and gen 6...but noooo T_T

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 16:06:49 )

@Jolly: Yeah Gen 8 is very empty and I liked some of the ideas, but overall not my favorite gen and it could have been so much better. The only open world part of Gen 8 is the wild area.
I'm exciting for Gen 9 because it seems like they listened to the feedback and are actually changing things up. Also the Pokemon models look updated and a lot better.
New Pokemon Snap was really awesome! I had a ton of fun with it and they made the courses very repayable. Plus it looked beautiful too.

@Rei Ann: Yes, it's time for a new eeveeultion. It's been too long. I'm pretty sure this is the longest we have ever gone without a new one. What type would you like to see? How should it evolve? I hope there will be good post-game that's not just DLC. I did buy the DLC for Gen 8, played it for like 10 hours but then I was done with it. I wasn't super into it.

@Alchemists Fire: I liked Mega Pokemon. I didn't really like the rest of them, and I really hated the Z moved. I thought that the forms for most of the Gigantamax were cool, but I don't know if I liked the concept.
I hope Fidough's evolution is 'PureBread' that would just be amazing lol. I do like the pokemon designs they showed us so far. ^^ I'm hoping to have new favorites. Super happy to have a ride on Pokemon than some HM slaves. Multiplayer looks cool. We will have to see what else you can do with it. And are we friends in Pokemon GO? I have the same username.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 16:23:45 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah I hardly played my gen 8 game. I actually forgot I even bought it to be honest, it was so.... not memorable. So empty. So bland.
Didn't they come out with something else after that one? Or was I dreaming XD

Gosh pokemon snap was just... muah chef kiss
10/10

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 16:28:46 )

@Jolly: After Sword and Shield there is DLC. There is also Legends Arceus too. That was an amazing game. You gotta play it if you haven't. That's an open world game and it's a lot of fun.
New Pokemon Snap just makes me feel happy when I play it, and for how many years were we asking for a remake. So good.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 16:36:15 )

@Totalanimefan:
Arceus! Thats the one I was thinking of where all the feedback I was getting is that it was so empty, like sword and shield was. But I remember you saying that you were enjoying it quite a bit. I haven't purchased it yet but I may give it a try (in a few paychecks XD)

I hope snap did really well, because it does mean a lot that the company designed it specifically because the fanbase asked for it. hopefully that is an encouragement for them to lean into these open world concepts, which is also what fans have been talking about for years. I'm excited!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 16:42:36 )

@Jolly: I don't think that I've heard that Arcues was empty but I wasn't exactly looking all over the internet for what people thought. I do know a lot of people thought SwSh was empty. If you know anyone in rl that has it, you could probably borrow it.
I think that Snap did really well. I'm sure it wasn't as much as like a mainline Pokemon game, but it was enough for it to get a DLC update. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.