Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/27 18:36:28 )
@Totalanimefan: Same, plus a lot of the pokemon new to the dex has strange like evolution ways, that I have to google.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/27 23:24:14 )

@Rei Ann: Yeah I saw some of them when I was looking up the gym leader order. I don't know how I memorized all of this as a kid. I guess kid brains just soak up the knowledge lol. (And I would pay the old games over and over again)

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 00:03:00 )
@Totalanimefan: That and I think the older games had an easier formula, like back then all the starters like evolved into the final form by like level 32 or something. None of this, use random game feature, so pokemon walks 1000 times before it can evolve.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 17:53:23 )

@Rei Ann: yeah I saw that one. I think they started getting unique in Gen 4. When some Pokémon could only evolve by learning a move in their move set.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 23:40:06 )
@Totalanimefan: It just makes it a bit too hard in my op. Any parts of the game you enjoy the most? Or hate?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 23:48:38 )

@Rei Ann: I wish that they had a more finished game to sell us. The low frame rate makes me motion sick after a while.
I do like lots of the new stuff that was the same from PLA.
The 3 different parts to the story is also pretty cool. ^^ I like that.

What do you think?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 00:01:12 )
@Totalanimefan: I do wish the game was more finished. I can't tell if the low frame rate and bugs is because the game is made for the switch which is vastly outdated, or because gamefreak constantly pushes out games like this to make holiday time, putting profits over making a better game. WE need them to step up.

I like the three stories, but it's just the same formula of having to fight the gym leader and Elite Four. There is more to the pokemon world than that, it's why I liked Legends so much.

Things I hate: The Sandwiches it's pushed way to much, the whole pokemon who are caught and go to the box if you pull them out aren't healed, the fact that you only have uniform to wear and the Scarlet one is super ugly, why does violet get full purple pants, but Scarlet has a ugly yellowish line in theirs? Hates that all the pokes aren't in the game.

Likes: The story for team star, that's very enjoyable, instead of the usual gang.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 00:09:56 )

@Rei Ann: Yup totally agree. And I'll say this, as a person with a husband that works in software it's a bit of both, however they still could have made it better. How at how PLA runs, or SMTV, or Breath of the Wild. The Switch obvs can only do so much, but Game Freak put this game out before it was finished to capitalize on the holiday season and that's just wrong. They do need to step it up for sure.

I love being able to see the Pokemon in the over world just like PLA. Great improvement!

I literally haven't even done a picnic yet lol. It just seemed ok, it didn't seem like something that I wanted to do lol.
Oh yeah. I totally forgot that you can only wear your school outfit. I do like it, I would always spend a ton of money in the games since X&Y buying clothing for my character.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 16:36:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, my husband use to QA video games for a different gaming company, and he's always saying Breathe of Wild works well on the switch, so this is an issue with gamefreak and not so much the switch.

But I love being able to buy all the clothing and it's sad not to have it.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 22:56:20 )

@Rei Ann: That's cool that he used to do that. Although I heard it's a really stressful job too. Before my husband was a software engineer he used to do QA but for a tech company, not a video game one. I agree with him. Luckily this week we had a patch. Still rough, but at least it's better than launch.

In gen 6 I bought so much clothing for my character it was crazy. I would never battle the E4 over and over so I could have more money for clothes lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 02:24:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Well yes, my husband moved from being a game QA to working as a QA engineer for another company. Yes, the patch did add much needed balance.

Oh that sounds like me. I just want all the different and cute outfits.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 03:01:21 )

@Rei Ann: that’s cool. I’m sure the new job is better now.
I hope there is another patch. I think PLA got 3?
Yes it’s a must. Even though sometimes I wouldn’t use every piece but I had to have it cause what if lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 20:04:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I hope another patch. Do you want dlc for this one? I would like more to do.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 05:52:26 )

@Rei Ann: I always like to see DLC for games that I like, but I don't know what they would do for it. Got any ideas?

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 04:37:44 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Rei Ann: I heard the game looks so unfinished is also probably a lot to do with Gamefreak just not being used to doing fully 3D games yet. Especially not open world. Makes sense to me.

@Totalanimefan: There is a lot of speculation that we'll get DLC that gives us access to a portion of Kalos.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 18:21:37 )

@Rallaa: That would be cool. Every gen I want to go back to the last gen like they did in Gen II. (Still my fav)

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 18:32:08 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, being able to go back into updated regions in the new games is cool.
Gen 3 is my fave. It's the gen I grew up playing the most. Plus there are just so many aspects of it that I like a lot.
A lot of people these days say stuff like "gen 3 music had too much trumpet" or "too much water"
I loved the trumpety music, and the water exploration was cool.
Secret bases were like my fave thing, being able to pick a spot that you like and say "this is my spot, my secret base!"

I think gen 4 also had bases too, but they were all located in the underground and lost their unique flairs for being in different locations.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 20:50:21 )

@Rallaa: I really liked Gen III too! The one thing I didn't like is when it was new there were some Pokemon missing, but they remade Red and Green and then it was possible to get them all again. I thought that the Secret Bases were really cool. I always wanted cool stuff for them.
There was that in Gen 4 and what was cool is that cause it was on the DS your friends could come over to them! It was in the underground. I also like the mini game in the underground. I would play those features a lot with my friends. The DS is such a great console!

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 21:27:09 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Totalanimefan: Scarlet and Violet feels like a revitalized pokemon to me now.
I had passing interest in gens 5-8, but never enough to purchase or play them.
Was only interested enough to check out the new pokemon designs. Often not liking a lot of them.
Some of the designs this gen were a little bad, but overall I think I liked this batch much more than the past few.

I got Pokemon Scarlet and my GF tried it. She ended up getting into it so much, she has played it way more than even I have.
So we got her Violet version for herself now and she's playing through everything again.
It's made her a pokemon addict. Before she'd only ever played the pokemon snap games.

Art by kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 22:37:04 )

@Rallaa: The Pokemon Snap games are great! I love the original and the new one.
I've played all the gens but some of the newer ones only once. I really didn't care for Gen 8 and I like this gen more. I just don't like the performance on the Switch but I hope with patches they will improve it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.