Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 18:43:47 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I guess that's true. One day I'd love to take the train across Canada, but it's pretty expensive too >_<

We generally split the Vancouver to Banff trip into two days - it's about 5 hours from Vancouver to Vernon, then we do another 5 hours to Banff.

We typically stay in Banff for at least a few days, then we stopped in Calgary for a couple days, and then continued on to Drumheller (for the dinosaurs!). Banff to Calgary is only about an hour and a half to two hours, same with Calgary to Drumheller.

I just Google Mapped the whole thing and Vancouver to Drumheller would be 12 hours and a bit. But you'd miss so much not stopping in Banff.

I would assume LAX is a good place to play, airports usually have a decent number of Pokestops

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 22:47:32 )

@Alchemists Fire: The train across does sound beautiful but also expensive.
Oh only 5 hours of driving a day is pretty easy. ^^ Probably lots that you get to see.

LAX was good for spawns, but my terminal was really small, so I didn't get to spin many stops nor find more than one cluster.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 05:22:25 )
@Totalanimefan: I think the train through the Rockies would be amazing, but I can't imagine how expensive it'd be especially for a sleeper car.
5 hours of driving per day isn't bad, especially if we take breaks every 2 hours or so.

I'm glad LAX was good for spawns =)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:07:57 )

@Alchemists Fire: Oh yeah, sleeper cars can be very expensive. But I guess for like a big milestone or birthday it could be worth it!
Yes same here. I was able to get about 80 catches. ^^

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:35:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Ooh, yeah, that's a good idea! Maybe I'll try and convince my boyfriend for our 35th bdays or something (still a couple years to go to save up).
Aww, so you missed out on the final pose item? That sucks =(
I got over 100 catches, which makes me even more disappointed that my main didn't see a single wild shiny =(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:42:01 )

@Alchemists Fire: That's super unlucky that you saw 100 of them and didn't get a shiny.
That sounds nice. You guys should start saving for that haha.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 00:05:09 )
@Alchemists Fire: I agree with you. We are super over due for a new eevee. It was like very crazy that to me Gen 8 didn't give me one.
@Totalanimefan: l'd love a flying eevee one. Maybe something like a feather item makes it evolve. I'm sure there is a way to make it happen.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 00:43:39 )

@Rei Ann: yes I am loving these ideas ^^
I wonder when we will get another trailer. It’s really not that long until the game is out!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 00:46:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I hope soon. Do you know which copy you'll get? I know the've been releasing new pokemon details on twitter, like they showed some new pokemon recently.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 01:12:00 )

@Rei Ann: I did see that. :)
I’m not sure which version to get. I feel like they are actually going to be different. But I’m not sure how. Like the past, future thing, how much does that effect the game?
What which you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 01:14:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Both. Thankfully my hubby also plays, so we can just trade copies back and forth. We both had switches before we had met, so lucked out there.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 01:19:05 )

@Rei Ann: oh that’s really lucky! My husband doesn’t play Pokémon.
Do you know which will be your husband’s and which will be the one you play?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 01:37:51 )
@Totalanimefan: I think he wants the red one, which gives me the purple one with the lady professor. He doesn't like the special poke in Violet.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 14:24:36 )

@Rei Ann: cool. It seems like there is local co op
Will you guys play together?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/4 19:57:55 )
@Totalanimefan: We might a little, but we play very differently. I play to have teams of pokemon I like, mostly cute ones, and he plays to win.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 00:52:07 )
@Rei Ann: Same!! We've previously gotten new Eevees every 2 gens, gen 1, gen 2, gen 4, gen 6, and now nothing for two gens. I'm still really surprised gen 7 didn't attempt to do like a tropical Eeveelution.
Gen 8 would've been cool, we could've got Steel or something themed with Zacian & Zamazenta

I love the latest new Pokemon reveal! Another artsy Pokemon! Smeargle will have a buddy ♥
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 00:54:38 )
@Alchemists Fire: Right, there have been so many options they could do. I wonder if they feel that Eevee's are taking too much of the poke dex up.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 02:25:16 )

@Rei Ann: I like to use my favorites which is normally cuter ones but I evolve them. I also happen to like some Pokémon that are strong. There are a lot of great designs.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 02:27:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Well I do evolve my pokemon, but like I'm an eevee team users, and he's like a gotta balance out my team, and make it strong person. Once of our first "dates", before the in person dates was playing some pokemon battles online, and he kicked my rear, because he didn't know how I pokemon. If I was in the pokemon world, I would not be gym battling, but a contest poekmon person. What about you, if you lived in the pokemon world?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 02:39:29 )

@Rei Ann: contests are fun! I’m not sure what I would be. A battler at first but then I wouldn’t want to do competitive battling.
Maybe breading?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.