Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat what a morning.

Donator — They/Them Posted 1 month ago

Let me tell you a tale of my Tuesday morning. In which so many small things are wrong in the span of two hours that I am ready to blame an ancient trickster of the heavens.
Do not harm them, just mess with them. Said the trickster, as it flooded into the cosmos.

Last night I had to do a major cleaning because my household is awful at keeping clean and we were having a plumber come to the house. So I did that. I went to sleep at 4am.
I woke up because we had to keep the cats in a single room (bc plumber) and one cat does not like that, so she was scratching at the door for a while. I checked my phone and it turned out that the group I volunteer with needed someone on morning shift for cat duty and I normally do afternoons today, so I jumped in the car and headed out. No extra sleep for me, but whatever.
This is fine. Everything is fine. Driving around lots of road work is fine. It takes me an hour to clean all the cats cubbies and in the midst of it, I'm kneeling down and as I stand up, I smack my head into a cubby door which hurt immensely. As I'm finishing the last cubby, the cat decided I didn't let him play long enough a scratched me through the door as I was closing it, this is not normal and uncalled for. But fine. Cats are cats.
I go to leave, accidentally put the car into drive and almost drive up the curb. Okay, I was sleepy and will be more careful.
On the way home a FREAKING SQUIRREL jets out of the woods on a narrow road and I break instinctively, yell explicit words and think I've killed him because I heard something under the car. In my rear view mirror I see him run away and I start crying because adrenaline.
At home, the plumber has arrived and positioned his truck IN FRONT OF the drive way so I cannot pull in, there were other places he could have parked. I park across from the house. Why sir. Why.
My dad tells me the repairs the house needs (not even all of them) are basically 1/3 of the money we have right now. He let issues build up, it's a whole different story.
Cool cool cool.

tldr; I hit my head, I almost hit a squirrel and money sucks.
I am safe. I am okay. It was just a very strange morning because a lot of small things kept happening one after the other.
Plz tell me your morning was super relaxing so that I know someone somewhere is having a good time.

Asst. admin — oink Posted 1 month ago
Nope. Had a pretty shitty morning. Just sitting with my stomach in knots from anxiety and stress.

Life is great.

@q t e a p o n: hang in there friend

we should stream a movie on rabbit tonight, something cozy and chill

Asst. admin — oink Posted 1 month ago
@koneko: Thank you ; v ;

I'm going out with my boyfriend tonight to a trivia event so hopefully that'll help me a bit @ v @ ;;; or maybe we do movie night hnnn
P L E A S E - P I N G - M E
Feel free to ping or message me if you have a concern regarding Voltra.

Art by Bean

Donator Posted 1 month ago
@koneko: oh my what a morning you had indeed. Hope the rest of your day goes well. Dx
My morning is okie. My head always hurts in the mornings. <_<
I am certainly not a morning person.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 month ago

@koneko: oh my gosh. That really sucks. I would get another quote from someone. Also does all the work have to be done at once?

@totalanimefan: it's all pretty essential unfortunately. I'll suggest getting a second opinion to my dad. It's just a lot of things * u *.

@laufeia: are you making sure to drink enough water? Especially when waking up? That sounds like such a.... pain. Literally ^ ^".
I hope it does too. I had some tasty left overs to eat for lunch, so that's helping ; u ;.

@q t e a p o n: a have a friend staying the night, but I am prepared to make her watch movies if people wanted to watch a movie lol

@koneko: yeah there might be someone who would do it for a little less. But if it’s a lot less than run lol
See if you can do it in parts as well.

Moderator Posted 1 month ago
Tuesdays are the absolute worst.

Also, I started my lady time. So nope. Not a good morning, BUT it explains why I couldn’t stop crying over making a dentist appointment yesterday. 🤣
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

@koneko: oh yeah I'm a dang water chugger. I drink it all throughout the night cuz I get dang cotton mouth so bad. And I'm constantly drinking it throughout the day but like, I'm always thirsty. <_< it is quite a pain, I think it's just the way my brain works. I'm having leftovers too. Yummy =3=
Shop | Quest | Hangout

@Mousy: that sucks. The timing is right for me to get that on my vacation :/

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

oh jeez, that is a truly rough morning (similar to the one I had a few weeks ago @__@;). the terrible tuesdays.

my morning wasn't bad, just long and busy. it's the busiest day at my job and i didn't get a ton of sleep so i was paying for it then haha. so i'd give the morning a 6/10

Developer — Spectre Posted 1 month ago
When it rains, it pours. On the bright side, there's a good chance you've used up all your bad luck for a while! And at least you can (hopefully) cross plumbing issues off your list of needed repairs, assuming the plumber did his job right the first time around. c':

I woke up with a migraine this morning, and neck pain... but that's what I get for laying in bed all day yesterday, watching movies and napping. xD Too much sleep = horrid headaches and a brain dead feeling for me. And I have to expo at work tonight. oTL

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other &hearts;
sade, dit moi, qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.

Don't want to see the ads? You can purchase a "TV Head" from Ohm-My-Gosh Imports.