Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat The Farmers Market

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago

I decided to go to one today. I don’t normally go but I like them and I like to see what people are selling.

Do you guys ever go to the farmers market or green market near you?

Near where I grew up there was a green market so it also included local artists and some of the art was so beautiful. Next time I go to Florida I’m going to buy some art there.

Moderator Posted 2 weeks ago

It has been a while since we have been to a farmers market. There is a farmers shop nearby some friends of my dad. It's about 15 minutes drive.

@vengeance: this one I’m going to is like a 12 mins drive away from my house. ^^

@Totalanimefan: That is not to far.

@vengeance: yeah but I’m just lazing around instead. I’m going to get up and go now lol

@Totalanimefan: Yeh you should really go there.

Voltie — they/he Posted 2 weeks ago
i used to go to one all the time when i lived up in jacksonville. it was called the arts market bc it was mostly art stuff but a good chunk of the offerings was fresh produce. stuff like that is so cool

@Bioshock: that sounds awesome! I really Iike it when markets have artists, prepared food and fresh food.
@vengeance: I’m in the car right now lol

Voltie — they/he Posted 2 weeks ago
@Totalanimefan: i love to support the beekeepers that set up in those but i dont consume nearly enough honey to justify purchasing every time, rip

@Bioshock: I feel you. I barely use any honey but I love seeing those stands.

Donator — f Posted 2 weeks ago
    There are never any markets near where I live ;_:

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 2 weeks ago
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I looooove going to Farmer’s Markets! Unfortunately, the one that’s near my house is seasonal and only on the weekends. )’: I have to get up butt early too...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

@sunny: oh no :( that sucks.

@Tsundererra: the one that I went to was open until 2, but it did open early.
Most farmers markets that are in places with 4 seasons are only open from like May-Oct.

TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Did you see/buy anything interesting there? ^^
I had to check my city’s website to check when it open/closes, and apparently they’re now open year-round, but move to a different location for winter. O: Also found out they’re open on Thursdays and Saturday’s (no more Sundays), and close at 1.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

@Tsundererra: hey the more you know lol
There wasn’t anything super cool there. I did go to a local bakery on the same road and had brunch. It was great!

TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: At least it lead you to that bakery somehow. xD What did you order there?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

@Tsundererra: I have a biscuit with pork sausage and it also had apricot jam on it. It was a bit much with all those strong flavors together but still good.

TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: The apricot jam threw me off, but I’m glad you still enjoyed it. xD I just can’t mix sweet stuff with savory stuff like that.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

@Tsundererra: yeah I was a surprise I wasn’t expecting it at all. I didn’t see it on the menu when I ordered.

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: That’s crazy. ): What if someone has a sensitivity or allergy to apricots?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.

Don't want to see the ads? You can purchase a "TV Head" from Ohm-My-Gosh Imports.