Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk A bit stressed over my health

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 02:43:05 )

So this is about women's health. just in case you aren't comfortable with that
About 2 weeks ago I had my period, last week I had my period again. And not to go into too much detail it was basically two weeks worth of periods but there was no pain or extra heavy flow. On Friday I made an appt to see the Dr about it today.
I went into great detail about it at the Drs office. I also told them that I can't do shots or blood draws yet because of a horrible phobia I have, but I'm currently working on it with a therapist. (I don't know if I ever told you guys that, but yeah I have a bad phobia over it but I'm working really on it, and I have been for months. I've come a long way, but I still cry at the Drs office even thinking about getting a shot.)

Anyway, so I got a referral for a pelvic ultrasound. It's a week from now (next Monday) and I kinda nervous about it. I mean, I don't think I'm dying, so yay! It just is kinda nerve wracking that they are going to stick stuff up my vagina and take an ultrasound that way. I actually have never had a good experience at doctors office, actually they have been mostly disrespectful and yeah. I won't go into that here. I've been working on that part with a therapist.

Today was really draining and I hope that the results from next week come back fine.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 02:59:59 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Oh man, I feel you with the needles phobia. )x I have to look away and I look so white and faint the whole time. But oooooof, I didn’t know a vaginal ultrasound was intrusive. I’m not a fan of doctors touching and sticking stuff down there since it’s always uncomfortable and cold and I’m suuuuper self-conscious.
I hope everything goes well next week! I’ve had multiple periods and no periods within a month before, so it could just be stress or anxiety fueling it. I’m sorry that your doctor visits have been unpleasant. /: You expect your doctor to treat you with respect and be professional at all times, so it sucks when you come across ones that don’t behave like that. It ruins the trust for me at least. I hope your insurance covers most of the costs too. )x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 03:32:24 )

@Tsundererra: Thank you. You are so supportive -hugs-
Yeah. I had asked after being pricked by a needle to please give me space because I feel faint, and please don't touch me for a min until the feeling passes, She completely ignored me and pressed to make the blood come out faster (it was coming out just fine on it's own) and I fainted. And this wasn't in the ER or anything, it was to donate blood. Also I was tricked into getting shots when I was little, and ALSO I wanted to get some warts removed from my knee so I went to the Dr, they lied about being able to take my insurance and they rushed the job half way through so instead of the antifreeze just hitting the warts they were hitting the normal skin on my knee too and I got awful swelling and puss under my knee. I couldn't walk or even bend my knee for days.

Oh and last time I told them that I wasn't able to do blood work, they said it was important to do anyway, and when the lady came out with the tray I fully freaking out. I was sweating all over, like I was slick with sweat. Then I couldn't look away from the needle tray. My breathing was heavy and I wouldn't unclench my arm from my body. Not even my husband could get through to me I couldn't look at him because I thought that if I took my eyes off the tray they would trick me or forcefully take my arm away from me. I was too terrified. After about 5 mins of them trying to calm me down they called it off and said that I didn't have to get the blood work. Even just typing this I'm holding back tears.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 03:33:48 )

@Tsundererra: So yeah, I know that I'm unlucky, and like not all doctors are like that, but your brain can't just ignore that trauma. I don't feel nervous at all at the Denist or eye doctor though. I've always had a good experience there. In fact sometimes I feel like the only one that doesn't get nervous about the dentist lol

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 03:53:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan:
Yo, what is wrong with the doctors you’ve seen? D: I’m pretty sure they can’t force you to do anything you’re not comfortable with, unless it’s life or death. I was fortunate to have people who back off and give me a minute when they’re taking my blood or giving me a shot. Just wear your Karen hair and tell them that there will be no needles going in or around your body if they try to force it on you next time. >:T Still makes me angry that they have no consideration for your feelings and just want the job done. I felt anxious just reading all of that. Try to enjoy the rest of your day and try not to think about the shitty nurses and doctor experiences or your appointment next week~

My cousin had a messed up wart freezing session too, so idk how often this happens. S: It’s not a pleasant procedure to be rushing either... I think she used the salicylic acid + duct tape treatment on her other wart, and it went away in like a month.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 04:38:47 )

@Tsundererra: Thank you. Hearing your kind words is amazing. My dad is a nurse, but he's an asshole that doesn't understand how to feel, so when I told him about the fainting thing he just went, yeah that's procedure. And I said, but all I wanted was for her to not touch me while I felt faint, the blood was coming out. He shrugged it said that's just what you do. I was 17 at the time so it made me feel like there was something wrong with me. And that she was in the right to do that to me.
On a different occasions I would tell him when I was still living under his roof, that if something happened to me and I needed an IV to please drug me first because it would freak me out too much and he told me that he would just have to hold me down, and that I wouldn't get anything first. Because of these things I feel like when I tell people my story that I'm weak and that people are going to think it's not a big deal and I'm the one with the problem.

As for told, my therapist told me that I can stand up for myself and they have to listen to me. So I told them straight up at the Dr's today that I'm not ready yet to get shots or bloodwork done and I was crying when I said it but I felt like it worked. I felt like I was listened to. That was a first.
I'm crying so hard as I write this all out.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 04:39:08 )

Oh and about the warts, yeah I've done that too. It really works.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 05:04:13 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I wonder if there is a generational gap or something between what is proper procedure with nurses. Your dad sounds like he throws out his sense of empathy in order to get the job done, no matter the psychological damage it causes. Maybe he’s had to deal with this a lot, and finds it’s quicker this way. I really appreciate the nurses I’ve had who talk with me to calm me down, or take breaks between taking blood samples. Needles and doctors are some of the more common phobias that people understand even if they don’t have it because they’re not pleasant, so no one’s thinking you’re weak. But I don’t blame you for feeling that people will think that way about you because of the experiences you’ve had with those nurses and your dad. x__x
I’m proud of you for standing your ground today about the bloodwork. :) And it will get easier to say no the more you do it. Just think about all the antivaxxer moms who get away with not getting shots for their kids because they say no. xD It really works.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 07:08:52 )

@Tsundererra: thank you. My dad is just a horrible person that never had empathy in the first place. I’m glad that you have come across good nurses and doctors. I’ve come across good eye doctors and dentists that are nice.
I’ve never thought about it that way. You are right.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 07:17:43 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I was hoping he was just like that as a nurse, but still had empathy outside of that. I’m glad his lack of empathy hasn’t rubbed off on you. :)
Ironically, I’ve had both bad eye doctors and dentists. When I was little, I would hate getting those drops that dilate the eyes because they burned, and the doctor was an asshat and told me I was being a baby. And I had an accident that knocked out one of my teeth, and the first dentist I saw said that the tooth implant wouldn’t look like a real tooth and would just be something to be there. Switched to a different dentist who did a fantastic job and made it look like an actual tooth and told me he wouldn’t stop until it was perfect.
Anyways, I hope you’re feeling tons better~ :)

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 09:41:37 )

@Totalanimefan: Pelvic ultrasounds are not comfortable, at all. DX
If you have hte option for an 'internal' ultrasound, keep in mind that they feel awkward and uncomfortable, but they aren't absolutely horrible (I'm speaking from experience)

Here's hoping that you're all right though!
(But I don't think you really have to worry~<3)

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 13:59:36 )
    Oh no, I hope you're OK. The important thing is that you're seeking treatment and trying to get it sorted out. I hope everything goes well with your ultrasound and all.
    My periods have been messed up lately too, and it is because I have lost so much weight recently. I hope they find out what's causing yours!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 19:24:03 )

@Amber Lynne: yeah it’s an internal one. Is that is one that you have had lots of? They are going to stick machines up there and I’m not sure how I feel about it.
Yeah
@sunny: thank you. I hope that this was just a one off thing. :( I hope that you are dealing with your health issues ok too.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 19:25:17 )

@Tsundererra: hell no. I’m not a monster like him. I actually have pretty high emotional intelligence ^^;
Oh my gosh those are awful experiences! I wish that I could take you to my denist and eye doctor

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 03:03:53 )

@Totalanimefan: In all seriousness, they aren't comfortable, but assuming the ultrasound tech knows what they are doing, it shouldn't hurt, at all.
The worst part (when I had) was the full bladder requirement though. > <
//dies

That was super uncomfortable.

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:24:07 )

@Amber Lynne: oh my gosh yes. Why do I have to have that? Although maybe I don’t want to know why?
Why did you have to get one if you don’t mind me asking?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:48:54 )

@Totalanimefan: I can't say for certain, but if I recall correctly... I was told that the reason that the full bladder, as irritating as it is, was necessary, was because it puts your uterus into such a position to get a better look at it, or something of the sort. I can't recall exactly, it's been a couple years ^ ^;;

As for why, I had been experiencing extreme pain in my side, basically right below my right ribs. I was sent for an ultrasound - pelvic/internal included - and found out I have gallstones. (Had the gallbladder removed a couple months ago, and all I can say is yaaaaayyy!!!!!!) XD

The internal was added on because I have cysts and they make my cramps horrid. Both were done together kinda thing (Canada and covered healthcare YAY!)

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:50:19 )

@Amber Lynne: ah I see. It’s nice that they could just do one thing instead of two different things. I hope I don’t pee during the exam lol
And thanks for explaining it to me. I feel a bit better about it. -hugs-

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:54:01 )

@Totalanimefan: Even if you do, I don't think it'd be an issue at all.
I would not be surprised if that's a thing that just happens sometimes. The ultrasound techs likely just move on after the clean is done =)

Also, I can't speak for there, but at least when I had mine, since sanitation IS a thing to be concerned about (obviously! ESPECIALLY THERE!) They just slid a glove over it. You know, a standard medical glove. Easy clean up for tech afterwards. XD

But yeah, I don't think you have anything worry about. ..... aside from the serious discomfort. LOL.
Even if it wasn't an internal ultrasound, the pressure that is put makes ya feel like your bladder will pop or something. (Ok, not that bad, but I'm sure you get the idea) So... just be aware of that. Lol.

~<3

I do hope the results are nothing alarming though!
//hugs back

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 18:17:47 )

@Amber Lynne: haha true. They have probably seen everything.

The glove might be a good idea. The doctor told me that it’s yellow and looks kind of like a banana. Is that what yours looked like?

Thank you for telling me more about it. I think that I can handle it. If it’s not a needle I can do it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.