Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Halloween Hot Chocolate (Recipe Inside)

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:51:24 )
Hello, friends! I've been wanting to try this for a while and I really enjoyed it:

While it was delicious it was also so sweet that I nearly died. I'm going to try different white chocolate next time. I was going to make it orange but I didn't have the proper food coloring for it. I quite like this color, though.

Is anyone else making something for the Halloween season?

Recipe article

I used almond milk and unfortunately didn't have any spooky garnishes. Next time! Bat sprinkles?

For a smaller batch, my ratio was 2 cups of milk and 3 ounces of chocolate.

I added a corn starch slurry for thickness but I'd like to incorporate some coconut milk for my next hot chocolate attempt.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:08:58 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

This looks hella cute! I’m going to try to make this some time this week.
Wish they had the measurements for a single serving, but I will play around and see what I get.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:12:32 )
@Tsundererra: I knew I forgot to add something. I used 2 cups of milk and 3 ounces of white chocolate chips. I hope that helps.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:14:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Kira: Ahhh, thank you so much! :’3 I’m so excited to try this. It’s been getting colder and colder everyday, and I need a nice warm seasonal drink.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:32:46 )
@Tsundererra: I hope you enjoy! I must stress that you get a good quality white chocolate that doesn't have too much sugar. I used unsweetened almond milk and I still felt my soul leave my body. Then again I don't like my sweets too sweet so I might just be sensitive to it.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:37:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Kira: I think the ghirardelli brand chocolate chips are too sweet. I used their semi-sweet chips for cookies, cut both the white and brown sugar by half, and it was still too sickeningly sweet.
I’ll have to look for another high quality white chocolate. x__x Thanks for the heads up~

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 03:24:41 )

Super adorable cups! looks tasty.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 16:55:33 )
@Tsundererra: No problem!

@inatlaka: Thanks! They definitely made the hot chocolate look more Halloween since I lacked any garnishes.

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 16:59:42 )
@Kira:

jejej yes they look perfect! I once had the kool aid man face on my one gallon water holder XD

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 17:02:21 )
@inatlaka: Mmmm clear kool-aid.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 17:05:44 )
@Kira:

XD XD XD

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.