Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2019 [GIFTS POSTED]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:42:50 )
[Locked due to 6+ months of inactivity! If you'd like this thread unlocked to revive, bplease don't hesitate to PM a mod, or submit a support ticket. Thanks!]

Welcome to Voltra's Secret Art Exchange for 2019!

In this event, every participant will be randomly assigned to give a gift to another participant.
Everything is done in secret until the end, when the gifts and names are revealed!
Since this is an art exchange, the gift you are giving will be an art piece made according to the recipient's request.

Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of medium/style/experience/etc!

If you participated in last year’s exchange, welcome back! Some logistics have changed, so please make sure to read the front page.
As always, I'm open to feedback about how to run this event better.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can post them in the thread or message me privately.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:42:57 )

Please read all of the rules. They are essential to making sure that this event runs smoothly.

❄ If you sign up to participate in this exchange, you must complete your artwork.
This is a commitment, so please try your absolute best to complete your artwork on time. If you foresee any difficulties or lack of time during the holidays, try to start as early as possible.

❄ If for whatever reason you cannot finish your artwork, you must notify me ASAP.

❄ The artwork that you make must be a good effort from you.

❄ You cannot request for (or draw as a gift) anything that is NSFW or that violates Voltra's ToS.

❄ Your artwork must be your own. If you are found to be plagiarizing, tracing, or stealing another artist’s work, you will be removed/banned from the exchange.
I will allow the use of bases in accordance with Voltra’s rules. You must have permission to use the base, and you must provide a link to the original creator.

❄ If you are requesting avatar art, you must provide an image of your avatar(s) (eg. a direct URL ending in .jpg, .png, etc.).
Saying “my current avatar” or providing links to your avatar on site are not acceptable.

❄ This is not a hard rule, but try not to tell anyone who your assignment is.
It's meant to be secret, yeah?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:43:10 )

What kind of gift do I have to give?
You'll be giving art that you've made yourself. Your recipient will have a request, and you'll be expected to draw something from it. The size, medium, style, etc. is up to you.

I can't decide what I want drawn. Can I put multiple things in my request?
Yes! I encourage you to put multiple things in your request; that way, your assigned person will be able to choose what they feel most comfortable drawing.

I made a mistake in my sign-up form. Can I fix it?
Of course. Please refer to the “Sign-Ups” section of this thread for instructions on how to edit your form if you’ve made a mistake or if you’ve changed your mind about something. You have until the sign-up deadline (November 30th) to make changes to your form.

How are the assignments decided?
Via random number generator. I'm not participating in the exchange, so I have no reason to pair people with bias. But if you are concerned, feel free to send me a message and I will show you a screenshot of the generator page.

What if I'm assigned a person with a request that I don't feel comfortable doing?
Hopefully you won't be! After the assignments are generated, I will check each person's “will not do” lists and make sure that no one is assigned something that they aren't comfortable drawing. If this does happen, I will regenerate the list.
That being said, you must put everything that you won't draw in your sign-up form.
If you have an issue after you've been assigned, message me and I'll ask your recipient to add an additional request.

What if I can't finish my assignment in time?
You need to let me know ASAP via message. I don't hold grudges, I understand that things happen. Please just communicate.

What is a pinch hitter?
If a participant is unable to finish their artwork (or has stopped responding to my messages), a “pinch hitter” will be assigned to draw art for the person who is missing a gift. This is to ensure that everyone who participates receives a gift.
You can indicate in your sign-up form if you'd like to be a pinch hitter.
Depending on the numbers, pinch hitters may be asked to complete multiple drawings or none at all. Since these drawings are last-minute, I’m only expecting something like a headshot or refined sketch.
Pinch hitters will only be given 3 days to complete the needed artwork. This is a strict deadline. If you can’t finish something in 3 days, please don’t sign up to be a pinch hitter (no hard feelings).

Can I be a pinch hitter but not a participant?
Absolutely. Just indicate it in your sign-up form, and write “N/A’ for the wishlist question.

How will pinch hitters be assigned?
Via random number generator. If there are more pinch hitters than we need, then some pinch hitters will not be assigned.
However, if you are a pinch hitter but not a participant, you will be assigned first.
Please let me know ASAP if you want to drop out of pinch hitting.

Did you receive my message?
As a general rule of thumb, if I receive a message from you, I will reply back just to let you know that I got it. If you don’t receive a reply from me, it’s either because your message got lost or I haven’t read it yet. If I haven’t responded to you in a couple of days, feel free to resend the message.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:43:17 )

All deadlines are 11:59pm Voltra Time (CST).
This timeline is subject to change, depending on how things go (but if so, the dates will only be pushed later, not earlier).
Check here for updates.

November 14 - November 30: Sign-ups.
During this period, you can sign-up to participate in the exchange and make any necessary revisions to your sign-up form.

December 1: Pairings sent.
Your assignment will be sent to you in a message from me by the end of the day.

December 15 - December 22: Check-in.
During this period, send me a message confirming your participation in the event.
If you are a participant, tell me where you currently are in the process of making your gift. You do not have to show any WIPs. It's okay if you haven't started by this point.
If you are a pinch hitter, let me know whether or not you are still interested in pinch hitting.
If you are both a participant and a pinch hitter, you need to give me both pieces of information listed above.
If I do not hear from you by December 22, I will send you a message myself. If you don’t respond to my message within 1 week, I will assume you have dropped out.

January 2: DEADLINE FOR GIFTS.
❄ Please send your completed artwork in a message to me, NOT to your assigned person. (It's fine if you send it earlier.)
If you can only complete a WIP by this time, you must send the WIP to me by January 2 along with an estimated date of when you will be finished. Your WIP will be given to your assigned person in the meantime.
If you cannot do your assignment at all, you must notify me by January 2 (but the earlier, the better).
If I do not hear from you by January 2, I will assume that you have dropped out.

January 3 - January 5: Pinch hitting.
This is when the pinch hitters will be working to complete art for anyone who is missing a gift.
If you are a pinch hitter, please remember to check your messages during this time.
If there is no need for pinch hitting, the gifts will be posted on January 3.

January 6: Gifts posted.
Gifts will be posted in this thread and names will be revealed.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:43:43 )

Sign-ups are now closed! Thank you for your interest.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:43:56 )

Amber Lynne
kiwi
Priestess of Pie
Goblin
Valefor
ghost
Lina
yoen
c u t e s u
mdom
Wildfire
ephenay
Jolly
inatlaka
eyry
Dipper
Shadami
Zuzu
Alexis
Kent
McMoney
pagliacci

= pinch hitter only

Hachi
kiwi
Priestess of Pie
Goblin
ghost
Shadami
pagliacci

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:44:09 )

I recommend saving the artwork to your own image-hosting site or computer.
Help improve the next event by filling out this anonymous feedback survey!
Let me know if you’d like to be added to a ping list for next year’s event.

From Kent

From eyry

From Shadami (additional gift!)

From mdom

From Priestess of Pie

From inatlaka

From pagliacci

From c u t e s u

From Hachi (pinch hit)

From kiwi (pinch hit)

From yoen

From Wildfire

From kiwi

From Shadami

From Amber Lynne

From Goblin
Message: “I hope you like the art! I saw them and automatically went 👀. It was really fun and I can't wait to learn more about them, spill the beans!!! ;3c HAPPY HOLIDAYS!”

From Alexis

From ephenay

From Lina

base credit

From Zuzu

From ghost

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:44:21 )

To encourage you to sign-up and participate in the art exchange, we're giving away some FREE STUFF…
Giveaway recipients are listed here. Please let me know if I've missed you.

Sign-up Bonus
Everyone who signs up for the exchange will receive 1,000 volts.

Participation Raffle
If you complete your artwork by the deadline, you will be entered into a raffle for an Angelic, Alice, or Punky Plasma.
This does not apply to people who are pinch hitters only, unless you are actually asked to draw something.
There will be three winners and prizes will be drawn in the order above.

Early Bird Raffle
If you complete your artwork before the check-in date (December 15th), you will be entered into an additional raffle for an Angelic.

Publicity Raffle
If you keep this button in your signature or post style for the duration of the sign-up period, you will be entered into a raffle for 500 ohms, 500 ohms, or 627 ohms.
You do not have to participate in the event to be eligible for this raffle.
There will be three winners and prizes will be drawn in the order above.

[url=/forum/view_topic/8422][img]https://tinyurl.com/qwkaws2[/img][/url]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:44:35 )
Special Thanks To:

Q t e a p o n - for donating 20,000 volts, 250 ohms, Angelic, Alice, and Punky Plasma!
Valefor - for donating 20,000 volts!
strawberry - for going ham on recruiting participants!!
Goblin - for helping recruit participants!!
Amber Lynne - for donating 1,127 ohms!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:44:40 )
reserved

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 04:44:57 )
reserved

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 05:14:39 )

sign-ups are open

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 05:16:40 )

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 05:17:00 )

Aww yiss!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 05:42:56 )

@hachi: I signed up!

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 07:56:11 )

@Hachi: Wow this is really cool. I'm going to put the link in my siggy.
Also if you need pure I have loads. How much do you think you need for this?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 14:33:31 )

BLESS I'm excited I hope it's at least as big as last year. gotta amp up the publicity tho

@Amber lynne:
@kiwi:
@Priestess of pie:
@Goblin:
all approved! thanks for signing up!

@Totalanimefan: ahh thanks for offering I have a pretty good amount so unless this event gets really big I think I'll have enough
and thanks for using the button! you post a lot so I'm sure many people will see it

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 18:34:29 )

@Hachi: my offer still stands so let me know. I have more than enough volts so I don’t mind.
Aw thanks. I’m happy to have this cute button in my siggy!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 21:39:40 )

eyes this thread
    oooOooOoOo

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 21:54:15 )

YES KIWI
same I gotta join the discord so I can be a nuisance there too

@Q t e a p o n: I'm absolutely dying, this is a lot of stuff you're donating ADLFKDJ are you sure tho? I have enough currency to cover the sign-up bonuses and things

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.