Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Voltra's Guide to Pixel Art

Artist — #1 Elf Posted 5 months ago ( 2020/02/19 03:39:49 )

@KDA Drew: as long as its not something super realistic, i dont think having the same style is necessary.. since its practically impossible for a multitude of people to have the exact same style.

like if you look at the tree QT has equipped versus the tree i made in the vregory item last solstice,the styles are different, but both feel like voltra.. y'know?

Admin — oink Posted 5 months ago ( 2020/02/19 22:33:20 )

That’s very true. I feel like it’s always most visible with hair. Everyone has their own way but it’s similar enough to match other items.

Artist — Lion Posted 5 months ago ( 2020/02/20 02:01:42 )
@Q t e a p o n:

Well, I use to make mock items for peoples tickets on Gaia online and certain artist had a way they designed their hair which I adored, but I don't know how you guys would feel if I followed that same style? The lighting is a little different.

Admin — oink Posted 5 months ago ( 2020/02/24 01:07:27 )

@KDA Drew: As long as it's tweaked to look more like voltra style it should be fine. O v O

Donator — Artist Posted 5 months ago ( 2020/02/26 14:23:37 )

This is p neat of you guys o w o if only gaia had been more open like this with its users. x'D
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Admin — oink Posted 5 months ago ( 2020/02/27 18:04:24 )

@Rayon Declaire: I have no idea what was Gaia’s system. Maybe they didn’t want to share how they made their items so people wouldn’t steal? 🀷🏻‍♀️ The only reason I could think of...

But our system is so common among avatar sites anyways xD

Donator — ? Prince Posted 2 months ago ( 2020/05/11 17:31:49 )
β„πŸŒˆToday is a fresh start, do the next best thing! πŸŒˆβ„

@Q t e a p o n: I just came across this and it is so informative. As a non-pixel artist I found the information inspiring. I've been trying to get into pixel art and this helps a lot. Might I add you have a very nice style and tone of voice for doing tutorial videos.

Admin — oink Posted 2 months ago ( 2020/05/12 00:35:21 )

by pachi

@Xanthan: I actually get really nervous and forget my thought process when I’m recording so I’m glad it actually came together as informative. XD

P L E A S E - P I N G - M E

Donator — ? Prince Posted 2 months ago ( 2020/05/12 02:39:31 )
β„πŸŒˆToday is a fresh start, do the next best thing! πŸŒˆβ„

@Q t e a p o n: it truly came out well. I've had seasoned college professors who are just ugh terrible. You did quite well imo.
🌈 ❄ Success isn't just about what you accomplish in your life; it's about what you inspire others to do! ❄ 🌈

Donator Posted 3 weeks ago ( 2020/06/26 08:01:39 )

Ahh interesting way of doing pixel things. I like how uniform this method keeps items.

The whole not having to manually recolor things is wild. Used to take hours to recolor sets for other sites I've been a part of.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.