Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Memories of Solstice Past [FAQ]

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:03:43 )

Hello Volties,
Another Voltra tradition is upon us, which means, I'm here to share some important details about the start of an event!

The Winter Solstice is especially close to our hearts because it's a time when we commemorate those no longer here and show appreciation to those still in our lives today.

Throughout the event, childhood memories that shaped our Winter Solstice will be shared. Gifts inspired by these memories will be shared with our community in hopes of spreading the joy and meaning of Solstice.

Happy Winter Solstice, Voltra!

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:04:19 )
Frequently Asked Questions

What is the event currency and how do I earn it?

Throughout the event you will collect candy canes - a delicacy for many of us during out youth!

Cany canes can be earned by posting in the forums.
You'll find participation specifically in the Winter Solstice Event forum to be a bit more rewarding.
Jigsaw will be making it's return and is another great option to earn candy canes.

How long will the event last for?

The event is two weeks long, and activities will end on January 8th, 2020. After that, you will have an additional week to collect event currency and buy event items, before they are removed from the shops.

Where can I buy event items?

Per usual, my amazing and festive brother, Virgil, will have event items in stock at Joyful Jamboree!

What are the Solstice Advent Tickets for?

It's a surprise! They are separate from this event. Stay tuned!

I Have A Question/Problem/Feedback!

Feel free to post in here, pinging an npc or a member of staff with your issue/comment! If more urgent, please directly message a member of our staff, or use discord.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:51:03 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Violet: or any other staff who might know:
Are we supposed to be getting 1 event currency even for posting in the event forum? Or is that a bug?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 03:47:52 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Woodland Fae | Fall Harvest | Sticky Fingers | Leo | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn

I have a question, what are the tickets for 'tilts head curiously'

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 04:28:10 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Woodland Fae | Fall Harvest | Sticky Fingers | Leo | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn

Pathologic:

@star2000shadow: Oops you may have caught my previous response which I had to delete but the tickets are supposed to be a surprise! They are separate from this event.

'blink's so we get TWO things this year whoa..awesome i can't wait to find out.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 04:32:22 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Pathologic: Ah, thanks for your reply~
I’ve been only earning 1 candy cane with each post. So technically there’s no difference between posting in the event forum and everywhere else (minus undercurrent). O: This is newwww.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 04:42:06 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Pathologic: Maybe? D: I’ve been trying to gauge if it will give me 2 if I make my posts longer, but nope. But my luck is also shiet, so that could be it too.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 04:55:30 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Pathologic: Thanks for the info, I’ll just have to keep trying then. :) Is the event currency lowered just for this event? Or will this be the new norm?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 05:13:34 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Pathologic: I seeeeee. I’ve only been here for breaker beach and reaping ritual, so I’m still not sure how big each event is supposed to be. Your answers have been very helpful, thank you. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 06:03:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Pathologic: Oof, that makes sense. I feel like we got so much with the last event (and even sacrificed Ghost, may he Rest In Peace), that I don’t mind this event being smaller. Plus, December is a crazy busy month for everyone, so I’d be surprised if there was a lot of staff free at this time to help run things.
Gonna try to enjoy it as much as I can and wait for the next big event, whichever one and whenever that may be. :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 06:52:56 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Q t e a p o n: Oooooh, I didn’t know there was a pattern. I also thought breaker beach was a big event because it felt so big as my first event. It’s good you guys break down events like that so you’re not overworking yourselves. Thank you for the explanation~ ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 07:25:39 )
I probably should not have pertaken in so much to drink tonight. Such yummy monster.... Yup just monster.
But "memories of past" made me think of my family gathering memories. And my aunt who passed away who I named my daughter after. She wasn't blood related, but I loved her dearly.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 11:11:12 )
Awesome iam so excited!!! Thank you Team!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 13:54:56 )
I honestly didn't notice there was a pattern xD I love all the events.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 18:45:05 )

i can't wait to see what they put in the stores 'wiggles' all theitems they gift are always worth it 'nods'

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 19:20:42 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Q t e a p o n: I’m glad everyone was really excited to work on this year’s breaker beach, it was really poppin’ with activities, and it really didn’t feel small at all. But it’s good to know that this isn’t the norm for that event so that if you guys don’t have the time or manpower to do something similar or better next year, I won’t be confused and disappointed.

It would be helpful to have this info mentioned somewhere on here, whether it’s in the knowledge database or a newbie guide, since a lot of new peeps don’t really know what to expect. Thank you for taking the time to explain everything to me. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 21:02:19 )
Yes, they are all super fun and awesome :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 22:01:09 )

i can't wait to see what EI's and stuff we gets now.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 22:57:37 )

Let's guess!
My guess is some kind of photograph frame because of the emphasize on memories. ^^

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 01:59:06 )

Cute item, cookies are fun..'wiggles' can't wait till tomarrows.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.