Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Surge: Event Credits, Event Feedback and Community Debate

Question: Should we continue allowing "How much -blank- currency do you have?" Thread?

• Yes: 56 / 96 58%
    58% Votes
  • No: 40 / 96 41%
    41% Votes
Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 00:34:52 )

》::: ✿・`.*
I'm really anxious and the puzzles give me headaches tbh so having these kind of threads is a huge help to those of us who want to enjoy the items and pretty art without interacting too much >~<;;. I get that it's supposed to be an interactive website but lurkers have just kinda become a thing, and I feel like we shouldn't deserve less just bc we aren't directly socializing?
Maybe some different games would be cool, like matching cards or word games, maybe something like recolor.me where they have types of games suited for different minds? ♡ I feel it should be there unless other games are added.

As many have suggested, we should have one thread with no copy paste rules imo. An official sticky thread.
Enforcing interaction is awesome but at the end of the day people are all different and have lives--some people can't sit and do a jigsaw puzzle all day lol. No double posting sounds pretty good too.
I really didn't think anyone would have real concern about a thread with numbers in it but hey anything to try and stir the pot huh
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 15:13:05 )

—I’m adding this to the time because my thank you for running the event and ghost for all of the hard work and should be resting right now! Should go up first after I wrote the text below >|||< shouldn’t have to read all of that first for a Thank you and warms wishes!!! —

As someone who used to post a lot and have a lot of conversations on forums sites but now I only post or have a few conversations as I get older or feeling ways I tend to go more toward “How many do you have?” Threads because it gives me a chance to post in the event and get me started on collecting the currencies. I never knew others just copy pasted their numbers or their amount. I always put in hello or I got this? Or at least waited until a new person posted to post mine with a different message.

I always thought the spam or posting three times in repeat still applied to that thread as well as well as it applied to the rest of the site. I think the thread should stay for those who have little time and/or are not good or do not want to keep a conversation. I love small talk about sometimes while trying to get currencies for an event and you don’t know a lot of people or people are talking it is hard to want to jump in.

The only time I’ve actually gotten a full set of items was when I did all three. Post on the How many do you thread, played jigsaw, and had a few conversations. I tried late in the Halloween event I think but having these options I had a chance to get a full set and one more to give away. I think it should get a mod on its own during event where it could be a volunteer user keeping the thread in check/or multiple seeing how fast the thread can get? Seeing as the thread seems to be getting spammed a lot with copy paste posts?

That is my two cents.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.