Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Hello Volties~(´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

Admin — oink Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 03:58:09 )

Apologies for being absent, I have been a bit down and under lately. (Health wise and mentally)

I hope you all are doing well though! Anything exciting happening this week for you?

I see it's been a bit quiet, thinking about doing another contest. But aside from item designing everything has failed O n O Any suggestions?

-Q

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 04:47:54 )

I hope you're feeling better now! I'm okay, just dealing with the usual period headache at the moment. And nope, nothing particularly exciting has happened yet this week.

Hm, a contest could be fun. I don't have any suggestions at the moment, but if I think of anything I'll be sure to suggest it. Honestly though, I only really know how to make Kpop themed games/events from my time as event staff on Kpop forums, so it's hard for me to plan contests and such that don't involve Kpop in some way. I'll keep thinking though~

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 10:57:39 )

I hope you start feeling better soon! Even if it's just a little bit~ I've been having a rough couple of years and I'm trying to pull myself out of that dark place this year. So far so good, which I'm actually pretty shocked about haha Hope it keeps going well. Fingers crossed. We can do this! :D

What about a coloring contest? Those can be fun (at least to me haha) just provide some lineart and boom :3 I'm not really sure what kinds of things get hosted here since I'm only a month old voltra age lol but I look forward to seeing what comes up :) If I think of anything else I'll definitely post it.
Is there usually some kinda of Valentine's event at all? Just curious :)

Moderator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 11:03:25 )

People like wordsearches.

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 12:42:14 )
    Being healthy physically and mentally is a priority so I’m glad that you are doing better! What about a scavenger hunt? You can hide like a volt icon in different, specific places around the site and give us clues everyday to find. You can give out prizes everyday for the first person to find each clue?

Admin — oink Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 14:35:08 )

@Starlight: oh no I’m sorry to hear that , I have really bad ones too so I understand. I hope you feel better in the next 24 hours :’)

Ahhh do you think we can swap out the kpop content and still make it work? X3

@Ruby: Thank you! I’m getting better day by day. Trying to implement a schedule again.

Have you made any changes that might have helped with the process?

We had one of those last year and was unfortunately a big fail. I think we only had one person participate, but maybe it’s worth revisiting now that we have more users.

@vengeance: That’s true, just have a massive one maybe x3

@Bonnie: Thank you! I’m hoping to really improve this year and find a bit of inner peace.

We had a bit of a scavenger hunt mix awhile back, it was like you had to go and find things in real life, take a picture and post it. I thought that did pretty well so maybe we can try a more forum based one some time.

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 14:37:51 )
    @Q t e a p o n: I wish you the best of luck with that. I real life scavenger hunt would be cool! I can’t remember which site it was but it was like years ago where there were riddles and it pointed to weird places on the site. Like a riddle could point someone to an NPC’s profile or something. I don’t know if that would be hard to do but I liked that kind of game!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 19:03:43 )

I hope you feel better soon!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/13 20:32:43 )

@Q t e a p o n: Mm, I don't really know. Some of them definitely wouldn't work well, but there might be others that would.

I like the forum scavenger hunt idea. I've been on multiple sites that did those and they were always fun. One site did it where they put eggs in different spots and posted a clue for each egg, and then each person got prizes based on how many of the eggs they found. Then a different site had one where you got one clue and when you found the costumed site mascot from that clue you'd also get a new clue until eventually you got to the last costumed site mascot, and I think the first few people to find all of them got prizes. There was also a site where they just put eggs in random places with no clues, but the eggs would only be located in threads on the first page of each section and such. That one gave prizes to the three people who found the most eggs in each batch. There's a lot of ways to do it~
My QuestsMy Shop My Closet

Admin — oink Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/14 03:42:49 )

@Bonnie: Ohhhh that's really neat! I definitely think that's a neat idea to sneak into like an event or something like that.

@Totalanimefan: Thank you! I think forcing myself to chat and communicate with others is helping me a lot. Sometimes you get too much in your head when you're alone. > n <

@Starlight: Those are all great options! I'm so happy I asked cuz sometimes it's tough to think of stuff like this if you've never seen 'em done. :)

P L E A S E - P I N G - M E

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/14 05:51:05 )

@Q t e a p o n: yep it would be fun! I’ll have to think of something else that could be a fun contest that doesn’t require a lot...

currently questing angelic
3k / 15k

Donator — She/her Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/14 05:54:02 )

@Q t e a p o n: oh my gosh that is so me. I hate it when I get stuck in my head too much. It’s the worse. I’m glad we could help you.

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/14 09:57:49 )

@Q t e a p o n: Yeah a schedule will really help. I need to get on one too so things are more consistent.
I've been trying to change my mindset, which is difficult at times. I've been really down on myself for things and it just isn't helping anything. I feel so much lighter not carrying around so much anger towards myself and situation. And this is a little thing that might not be helpful to everyone but I got some new makeup to play around with again, I used to wear it a lot but haven't for the past two years and I put it on and felt so much better about myself it was unreal. Like i just felt pretty again and that's so valuable. I even went to the store like that and I felt way more approachable and not quite as anxious. But again that might not help everyone haha
Some things that are really helpful in my experience are vitamin D (really helps with energy levels and such) and other vitamins to help with better nutrients and such. Um, trying to eat better. Oh! And drinking more water. I love water but I always forget to drink it when I get busy with something and it really helps to be hydrated. And deep breathing exercises. Breathing out the anger and overall getting more oxygen in. It's basic stuff but it's stuff you kinda forget about when you fall into that depression. It's so easy to stop caring and not take care of yourself ya know? So I'm trying to be kinder to myself.

Sorry that was so long haha
I think trying a coloring contest again might be nice, or at least putting out a poll or something if people would participate? You could even have like different levels of lineart or participation prizes for even just paint bucket coloring. Something to get people into it :3
I also agree with others about a wordsearch (I love those xD) and/or scavenger hunt. I prefer things of that nature be more of a "if you complete it you win" though versus "the first x amount of people to complete it get a prize" but that's just because I'm full of anxiety xD

Questing: Wondrous Wisteria & Porcelain Doll
Quest Thread

14/25k

Voltie Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/14 22:47:00 )
@Q t e a p o n: I hope that things get better for you soon. Sorry to hear though for things being that way for health and all.

I was sick from my allergies and dealing with a few things myself. So I am sort of on, sort of not.
Krampus is coming to town!

Voltie — She Posted 2 weeks ago ( 2020/02/15 00:44:26 )
@Q t e a p o n: how about a coloring contest? Or a small writing contest?

I got a Vday gift from my co-teacher 😋
Buying/drawing art for: Kickflip, Sea Witch, Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master)
EI: Vanora's Belt, Skullie Helmet, Skullie Background, Seafloor Fashionista, Vreg's Treeshure, Surprise Party!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.