Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 12:20:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah thankfully we have AC here. How about you? How's the weather there?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 13:27:23 )

@Alorrena: those would really help. Especially the dehumidifier.
@star2000shadow: free books and magazines and AC? (And internet) count me in!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 13:28:03 )

@SorrowTheMad: it’s about to be in the 90’s for the next few days but yesterday was nice. We have AC here.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 15:44:02 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, definitely. Ugh, i feel like i'm always complaining about my mother in law. Today i woke up to find she went into our office and "Cleaned" up a bit. and by that, i mean she went and gathered everything she thought was trash (nearly none of it actually was) and put it by the front door. In that pile was a box that has a latch hook kit that i've had for years (my hyper-fixation doesn't like it, but i do lol), my wedding veil, as well as a few desk parts and a couple other things. Which she'd know if she actually looked in the box. I swear i'm going to scream. I'm so tired of her coming into our space and touching things she has no business touching.

Also, probably unrelated, but today when i turned on my pc, it gave me a blue screen sating something went wrong and needs to restart, twice. idk why either, and it made me extra anxious.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 15:55:27 )

@Alorrena: Wow that's such a big no no. Why can't she understand that. Do you have to start locking your door geez. I hope that your husband very seriously is upset about this and will speak very seriously to her. This is not ok.
That sucks. Hope it's working now.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 17:02:39 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it's working now. When i get paid friday i'm going to Lowes or home depot and buying doorknobs that have locks, and then making a couple spare keys (just in case). i'm actually going to hide one in my sewing machine box that's in the hallway, as well as hiding one in the pantry. At least until she moves. Even if nothing in that box was important, it's still the principle of the thing. We don't go into her room and move her things around. Actually, we don't go into her room at all. Part of me wants to be petty, but i don't want more problems. I told Tyi that we need to set boundaries with her. He agreed, but we will see if he talks to her today when she gets home or not. We considered moving, but we're not going to find anything that meets our needs within our budget. We decided (i did and told him lol) that we're going to stay and focus on building our credit and saving money to buy a house. I think we could realistically have a down payment in a couple years if we save like 500 every two weeks. (that still gives us like 200 every 2 weeks for play money too. This second job thing is nice.)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 18:20:11 )

@Alorrena: All of that sounds like good plans. I hope the chat goes well between him and his mom. I don't know what sane person would ever enter another person's room like that.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 19:59:19 )

I finally passed my Sales Management class!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 21:44:25 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't know either. it drives me crazy. its like she's treating us like her kids rather than like roommates. We're married adults that pay rent and bills, i'm not her kid, and even if i was, there's a certain level of respect that she should be giving us that she's not.

Congratulations!!!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/29 22:52:30 )

@Alorrena: It is driving me crazy and it's not even happening to me. I hate it when people do shit like that. Exactly. You aren't her kid, and even if you were, people are still entitled to their own space. If I had a kid I would not just walk into their room and touch their shit and move shit around.

Thank you!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 00:19:36 )
@Totalanimefan: i was talking to tyi about it and he's so mad. he already hates when anyone touches his things without asking, and if this is what his childhood was like, i understand him a whole lot more. it's like half of his personality is from his reaction to how his mom treated him. He said he's going to get the stuff done to get her out asap so that when she comes back from her trip to jersey with gpa next month, it's all done and she can move out of here when she gets back. I've been an anxious mess all day. it's a little ridiculous, really.

i bet having that done is a load off your shoulders!!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 03:57:38 )
@Alorrena: know my stuff about tech -winks-

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 03:58:56 )
@Totalanimefan: same its been pretty slow

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 15:11:56 )

@Alorrena: I’m glad that he feels strongly about this but I also feel bad that he has a mom like this. It’s not ok.
And I would feel just an anxious as you. Like I’m not allowed to relax in my own home.
Yes it feels nice. The next class is Intro to IT to pretty easy to me lol

@DreamerZ: yeah same. Just freaking out about what’s happening in our country you know?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 20:01:23 )
@Totalanimefan: so they take, but it was brief and basically he told her not to come in our spaces without asking first, not to touch our things, and to close the door on the way out. To response to not touching our things she was like, if you keep it clean I won't have to. And he didn't say anything about it but since I was eavesdropping I didn't wanna interject and correct her. But, if she's not entering without permission she won't touch our stuff, hopefully. She said she won't, but we will see.. he forgot to mention a few other things, but they're not as important as her invading our space.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 20:18:46 )

@Alorrena: It's not your room so you don't get to decide how 'clean' it is. Common areas sure, but not my room. That's mine. I'm not making meth in there.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:31:47 )
@DreamerZ: Yep :]

@Totalanimefan: right, exactly. And it's not like we're messy people, she just's just... obsessive? like if there's a single crumb on the stove it drives her crazy and wants to clean the whole kitchen. Which, fine. That's a common area. But you're completely right, there's no reason for her to enter our room or office without asking us first. I mean, except for access to the closet in here cause she has a few things in there, but they're obviously not THAT important to her and i'm sure she's actually forgotten about it. But still. Like, it's fine if you go into our office without asking, just don't touch our things. if you want us to tidy up then say something to BOTH of us. She made a group chat for the 3 of us. idk why she doesn't use it hardly ever. Honestly, i never thought i'd be one of those people with mother in law horror stories. I don't understand why we have to explain to her that it's not ok to enter our rooms without permission. Like before yesterday i was fine with her entering the office if she needed something from in here, but now.... no, because i don't trust her.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 00:07:43 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Alorrena:
@star2000shadow: yeah, same. Though right now i'm using readanybook because i''m broke and i owe the library here money. I do love going to the library though. it's one of my favorite activities.

'blinks' I have neaver heard of that 'blinks' might have to look it up. and yeah i owe them money to. so its been a minute 'blinks' <:3( )~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 00:10:24 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@Alorrena: those would really help. Especially the dehumidifier.
@star2000shadow: free books and magazines and AC? (And internet) count me in!

there is that to 'nods' especially the ac part but after next month I won't be close enough just to walk. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 03:01:24 )

@Alorrena: ugh that’s just horrible. I’m sorry that you have a MIL like that but good news is she doesn’t hate you, she is just mental lol

@star2000shadow: are you moving far away?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.