Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/10 22:33:08 )
@Alorrena: I'm glad you're ok and that you were minimally inconvenienced :3 ... also, I'm glad you have power back. It was only a tropical storm/minor category 1, but after Ian, it's understandable why people were a little freaked out...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 00:21:50 )

@Wildfire: Exactly why I don't buy it either. I don't need all that garbage food in my system esp since I have IBS.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 00:22:08 )

@Alorrena: Oh it's good that power is back now!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 05:47:05 )

i got the free epic game this week... and then beat it in five hours T. T

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 13:22:52 )
@Totalanimefan: Exactly. Don't buy the junk food = you don't eat the junk food. It's a hazard to your health in more ways than one!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 14:57:18 )

@Shadami: well I guess it was fun for 5 hours lol
@Wildfire: amen to that. My parents never really took care of their health and my sister and I are the opposite

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 15:32:11 )

@Totalanimefan: it was soooo cute. xD if i didn't need to free the space right back up on my comp[uter i would have let each of my girls do a playthrough.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 15:32:11 )
    @Totalanimefan: how did it go? I didn’t see you post about it?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 15:55:05 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: I bet 'yawn' Morning. plus re arranging the room gave me a bit more space, which is always nice. less to trip on which will make my sister happy. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 17:01:43 )
@Totalanimefan: ...sometimes living gets in the way of life /shrug/ <---- and I say that because I now "get" the struggle of taking care of yourself while also taking care of a family and just trying to live. I keep finding myself pulled back in to prioritizing what is going on with my now-young-adult kids instead of always doing what's in my best interest... I'll skip the walk or the yoga more often than I'd like in favor of making sure they get what they need... whether that's a ride somewhere or someone to talk to and try to process "young adult" things with, or making sure they have healthy food to eat (which means I'm cooking it)...

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 17:04:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Well I guess I sounded desperate or like sad on the phone, cause the next day he called and was like okay, so I'll just fix the bumper instead of sending it to the body shop. Also you need new front breaks, and back breaks adjusted, and I'll like the front ones for less than 500, do the back ones adjustment for free, which is normally a charge. Then a new mirror, which will be used, added like 200 but my car has heated mirrors, which i didn't know.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/13 20:22:53 )

@Shadami: Do they like to play video games?

@sunny: First round interview went well I think. By the end of day on Monday I'll know if I am moving on to round two. :)

@star2000shadow: Yeah I feel like I have more room in my place now because we changed the layout.

@Wildfire: Yeah that's true. But even after we moved out my sister and I they never bothered too and my Dad is 62 and has a lot of health issues. Probably won't even live to 65 imo. And none is genetic. It's all lifestyle. But I do understand that sometimes there isn't enough mental energy to take care of yourself after taking care of others, but I'm sure your kids are old enough that you can help yourself first sometimes.

@Rei Ann: Still sucks but I guess at least it's not as bad. Are you ok now?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/14 13:37:14 )
@Totalanimefan: That's tough, Total. I'm sorry. People make choices and sometimes they stack up to a bad overall result before the people making them even realize it's happening... or worse, they don't even realize that the choices they're making are bad due to marketing or other BS factors and by the time the truth comes out, it's pretty much too late - the damage has been done. I'm thinking about things like smoking and excess alcohol consumption here. I don't know if either apply to your father (don't need to know), but I do know that both those things were advertized as "sexy" or even "healthy" way back when. Or even things like prepackaged "TV" meals... those things are nasty for you -as I'm sure you realize- but that generation was sold on the convenience of them and didn't question the industry or the marketing behind any of it. And now we know better, but the damage has been done, especially if you fell for any of those things... and old habits can be hard to break, ya know?

But yes, my kids don't need me all the time and I make a point of letting them sort out their own details while still being available to them when they really need me, and yes, I definitely have time and opportunity to prioritize myself a bit more these days... and I do. But my walks and my yoga are still disrupted often enough for me to notice ;) It's a process :3

It's hard seeing a parent or loved one make choices that affect their overall health or behavior like that, Total. I'm sorry. :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/14 20:15:21 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: always a plus. 'yawn' Im trying to figure out a winter themed avi haha. its going slowly. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — Z/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/14 21:44:20 )
@Totalanimefan: -hugs tight-

Voltie — Z/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/14 21:45:37 )
@Alorrena: -hugs- hey there

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 01:35:21 )

@Totalanimefan: well. yes.... sorta
Princess my oldest has a...issue where she breaks tech... so i can't trust her much with my tech especially since i have just one and all my jobs and social is on it. sooo it makes me nervous. and i can only let her game on her good days. and with much supervision. and management. cause.. my tech. .. and it scares me.
Bittybytes my middle girl i think could be a gamer. But she's more of a bookworm. But she's been held back because of her sister's insane jealousy. and it was easier to slow their tech introduction until the oldest could handle it and not get violent with the younger.
and the little one who has no nickname online yet... xD is scary smart and I'm pretty sure is my gamer of the three.
so they all like games. but they don't play them much.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 03:14:06 )
@DreamerZ: -hugs- hey bestie.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 03:35:47 )

@Wildfire: thanks that means a lot to me. My dad is a nurse. He just never liked being told what to do. He hid his diabetes for like 5-8 years just so no one would tell him to stop drinking soda, eating pizza multiple times a week and ice cream very often. And we all only found out after his quadruple bypass surgery. I’ll leave it at that. XD
But on a more reasonable level we have all been there were we are in a stressful part of our life and we just don’t have the energy or time or money or all of the above and it takes a toll on our health.
Kinda annoying that event adult kids don’t get the hint that our parents are human and don’t always need or want to stop what they are doing to help you. But it’s a learning process and I’m sure they are learning little by little. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/15 03:38:11 )

@star2000shadow: oh wow it looks great. It was very winter like here today. 15 degree below normal here and what it’s normally like for our Jan.

@DreamerZ: hey there. You doing ok? The weather hasn’t been too cold for you lately has it?

@Shadami: that’s funny that your oldest isn’t good with tech. Most kids are.
I think it’s cool that your 2nd oldest likes books. What kind of books does she like to read? I read a lot as a kid.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.