Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/3 23:38:02 )

@Wildfire: Yes I can understand that completely. I feel like life and life events were really robbed from all of us in the last few years and it's really not fair.

Agreed. I would find another way. I would use all the backroads. I couldn't live my life on I-4 daily haha

Yeah, it's snowbird season! I would say it gets really bad after Christmas but some come down before the Holidays.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 14:40:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Yep- we were robbed, violated, and held hostage all at the same time for a while there, and the scars from all that still run deep - everyone is still being affected (different ages/stages differently), and no, it's not fair or productive, and yes, I'm still mad at the entire stupid situation!! *grr* XD Anyway...

It's hard to tell who's a snowbird/visitor right now because it's still a touch early for them to be appearing en mass and we've had so many people moving here recently... but yeah... the roads are a bit of a mess, even here. We witnessed one person yesterday who very nearly caused a real mess on a local 2 lane (each way/thickly divided) road because they unexpectedly slammed on their brakes (looking for a road, apparently), not giving the big pickup truck behind them enough notice to react sufficiently and having to swerve in to the other lane, cutting off the vehicle that was there (the truck threaded that needle and yes, probably should have been giving this other person more space, but yeeeesh!).

I haven't seen too too many out of state plates yet. I'm really not looking forward to snowbird season this year - the roads are already clogged around here without them adding their bulk to the chaos...

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 16:42:26 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: wanda's already gottem me a gift from her, a friend and Joe 'blinks' I can't wait to find out what it is haha. but i have twenty one more days haha <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 01:31:06 )

@Wildfire: Yeah totally. I find that after the last few years for the first time ever I find myself able to be overstimulated and it's awful. And also cause it's new I can't really tell that it's coming or anymore. I'm working through it right now, but it would be nice if it never would have appeared. And I know I'm not the only person that has random mental things that are different about them compared to 2019. And some you can't see or don't know about until it happens.

So many people moved to FL during Covid. It's like half the people are snow birds anyway cause they are out of state people that just moved down and they don't know where they are going. They belong in the same group haha.
That's so infuriating. I hate it when people drive like that. Like, you gotta commit even if it's a mistake. You can't just be swerving at the last min cause you F'ed up. It's good that in the end everyone was ok, but just barely and no thanks to that people that started it.

I wonder if the bad hurricane season we just had will chase them away or make some people weary ?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 01:32:42 )

@star2000shadow: That's nice. I'm not sure what to get some of my friends as a gift for Christmas. One friend I did get some My Neighbor Totoro chopsticks. :) I think she will like them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 04:50:25 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: I'm sure she will 'blinks' my sister's already gotten me my gifts and wrapped them. now i get to look at them until christmas 'snicker' <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 05:43:40 )

@star2000shadow: That's nice. I need to wrap some gifts this week and then I can look at them under the tree! It's so pretty like that.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 13:44:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we're all dealing with various levels of trauma from that experience, and we're all affected. I hope we never have to go through anything even remotely like that again... the cost (on so very many levels) was just far too high.

Yeah, a lot of people moved here permanently over the last couple of years. It has seemed like "snowbird traffic" almost constantly, tbh... only now it has been long enough that the new people have switched their car registrations and they all say "Florida" instead of "New York" and "Minnesota", etc. I'm not sure if the hurricanes will "send people packing" when the season rolls around again. I guess we'll see...

I'm so happy to hear you say that about "committing to a decision" when you're in the car!! It's something soooooo many people don't seem to understand these days, and I'm really tired of dodging the idiot who unexpectedly just drives "sideways", scooting across multiple lanes of traffic, without looking/caring, and creating a very dangerous situation for everyone because they weren't paying attention or didn't plan their trip appropriately to find the turn... and who, apparently, can't determine the risk and danger of doing something like that on a busy road/highway instead of just going to the next light/road/whatever and doing a u-turn. It's like "don't you realize you are Driving? ... a CAR? ... which is at least 2 tons of metal and machinery?" Ugh.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 21:43:20 )

@Wildfire: I hope we don't either. I also wish that there was no more pandemic either. I wish that if you got it once or the vaccine it wasn't possible to get it again. I wish that flu levels also weren't so high this year either. T_T

I remember in 2008-2009 when everyone lost their jobs so traffic was just like always bad. There was no more just rush hour times as people were going to school, looking for work, working odd hours, etc. (I was going to college in 2009) and I would be like, I have an 11am class, why is this traffic like I'm driving in 7:30am? I'm sure it's like that but only more crazy.

My husband are always yelling at people when we do drive saying that. There's a Family Guy joke that kinda talks about that. There is one car and they are like, "Oh I have to change lanes? Good luck everybody" and then they just go across so many lanes from the left side to the right.
And also when trying to look for a parking space I always say you have to have the stars align. None of this waiting 2 mins holding up traffic just cause you think that you saw someone walking and you would like to take their spot. They could be getting something they forgot or just parked and are walking to the restaurant. No waiting for the stars to align, they have to do that naturally. Stop holding up traffic. You got legs, use them.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 03:17:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry that happened to him Total, but I'm glad he's not hurting.

I'm glad to hear it went well, and congratulations! You'll do amazing, I know it :D

My Thanksgiving was boring, I didn't really do anything except spend time with a few friends of mine. How was yours? I'm doing my best to be safe lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 17:05:59 )

@SorrowTheMad: thanks. I’m still getting used to the fact that I’m not walking a dog or thinking about when he needs his next meds.

Thanks. I don’t know my start date for the new job yet lol but probably around Christmas.

That doesn’t sound bad to me. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for a friend of mine, my husband on myself it was nice and then afterwards we did karaoke

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 17:35:39 )
@Totalanimefan: I can imagine, that has to be so tough. I'm really sorry Total. That's gotta be so hard :/

What is it you'll be doing exactly with this new job? I'm curious now lol. I hope it's a lot of fun and fulfilling for you :)

Nice, that sounds like fun! Yeah it ended up being a lot of fun. We played some games and got some good food :) Best part was I got away from my mother for several hours.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 18:41:20 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm sooo over being worried about getting sick - it is part of life and there is no "safe bubble" to wrap yourself up in other than taking steps to be truly healthy (mostly through diet & exercise) and even that is not 100%.

City parking is a special beast... but yeah, I'm with ya on the "don't stop traffic for everyone just because you think somebody is leaving their spot"...

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 22:27:00 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: That's nice. I need to wrap some gifts this week and then I can look at them under the tree! It's so pretty like that.

a friend gave us an actual big tree, 'makes face' which means im gonna have to some how buy more christmas decorations for the tree. makes me wanna pound mah head off wall.
<:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 22:45:44 )

@SorrowTheMad: Thanks. I don't know if you have ever had a pet but they are family. You build your life around them the way you would any family member that you loved and took care of.

I'll be working for a public transportation agency. My job is to stop small, women, or minority owned businesses from having their contracts relapse.

That's always a plus. She doesn't seem super nice. Mine was about as fun as it could have been. I was missing my dog since he passed just before that, but I've always loved Thanksgiving. It's all about the food and what you are thankful for and it's way less stress than Christmas.

@Wildfire: While I agree with that, Long Covid is a thing and I did suffer from it for many months. It seems that for me after 6 months or so it's run it's course. I do not want to go through that again. Plus we don't know the long term affects since it's novel. I do think that we should be allowed to go out and enjoy things again. I do, I just also still wear a mask when in crowed indoors places.
Yes, and see also parking garages. I feel like it happens there a lot too. I normally just skip the first floor if I can cause I know that everyone is going to be doing that.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 22:46:47 )

@star2000shadow: That's really nice! I have a cat hat loves to destroy things on the tree so mine just has lights on it. No ornaments. ^^;
But ornaments on a tree look really nice! Will you have a theme?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 14:24:01 )
@Totalanimefan: lol... yeah... it's a bit of a pain, but "been there, done that, have the antibodies to prove it" XD It's in the air now, just like the flu or anything else, really. All we can ever do is make choices, based on our current experiences and knowledge, that work for us individually in terms of safety vs/ risk... but that's life, in every single aspect, that's just life. Nothing is certain. Nothing is absolute. Things change. Control is an illusion (except perhaps control of yourself, which is a different topic)...

... or people who completely block the door or walkway to a place with their car because they're doing something, whether it's hitting an ATM, letting grandma out at the restaurant, loading something, whatever... it's like... that 3' difference to not block the walkway or door isn't really going to affect anything for you, but it sure as hell affects everyone else who's also trying to do things or get places and now has to go around your vehicle...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:19:55 )

@Wildfire: yeah I had to go to the cardiologist cause my heart was acting in new, weird ways post Rona and it was not fun. But now that’s in my medical record so that’s good.
As you might be able to see by what I shared on Voltra I am still living my life. I just also weight up if things are worth it. Also my husband got his flu shot yesterday :)

That happens here all the time. People double park or leave their car where they aren’t suppose to and then just leave the hazards on. Oh that makes it ok right?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:41:05 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues with your heart rhythms. Was it post virus, or post jab? There is emerging evidence suggesting that the jabs can adversely affect the heart. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear it and hope that it's minor :3

LOL - lots of things to complain about with people and their cars!! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 17:04:06 )

@Wildfire: I heard about that a little bit in younger (like teens). Mine was post-rona. I was ok post vaccine. While I had Rona I had a resting heart rate of above 120 for the whole week. I couldn't sleep cause of it, it was awful. I told me Dr about it and she said that some people that get Omicron get that. My husband got the GI issues and he had those from April to June but then it cleared up. I hope that my healthy lifestyle and age means that I'm ok cause both of my hearts had major heart surgery (my mom twice) and I'm terrified that down the road I will have the same. ^^;

Yes. I wish that we could be stricter about who we give DLs too, but then people would be trapped without anywhere to go since in like 95% of the US you need a car to get around.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.