Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Emoji Survey - Names + organization!

Question: How do you prefer emoji names to be written?

• Written out like sticky-fingers (dash): 20 / 59 33%
    33% Votes
  • Written out like stickyfingers (no dash): 17 / 59 28%
    28% Votes
  • Simplified like sticky: 22 / 59 37%
    37% Votes
  • Other (Suggest in the thread please!): 0 / 59 0%
    0% Votes
Admin — Lily Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 05:51:15 )
Recently we reorganized some of the emojis, namely the Plasma Orbs, Crates and even the Currency emojis! It was getting a little cluttered so we thought this would help! However, another thing that arose when doing this was how emojis were named and organized.

Emojis don't follow a specific naming convention and instead of changing it to what WE think might be best, we thought we would ask you all!

When answering the poll, please feel free to post here with your comments! Also please feel free to answer this little secondary poll about the organization!
How do you prefer emojis to be organized?
1. Alphabetically
2. In order of release
3. Doesn't matter/other (please feel free to share your thoughts here!)

The poll for both questions will last one week and after that I will take the most voted suggestions based on the polls and comments here and implement them shortly! Thank you all!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 05:53:05 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Lilypoo: Is there a typo in the survey? Shouldn’t the first one be (dash) and the second one (without dash)? xD Or am I too tired and confusing myself.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — UNI-CORN Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 05:56:35 )
How do you prefer emojis to be organized?
1. Alphabetically

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 05:56:46 )

Yeah, I want to vote for dash, but I'm not sure if I would vote for the one that give an example with a dash or the one that says dash

Admin — Lily Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 06:01:15 )

@Tsundererra: lmao welp I derped!!
It's fixed now, thank you!

@Starlight: It's fixed now!

x

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 06:02:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Lilypoo: That was a quick fix. I didn’t know if you were trying to trick us. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Admin — Lily Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 06:04:47 )

@Tsundererra: my brain is so scrambled from work I'm surprised I even know words anymore XD

Subconsciously I'm trying to trick everyone so MY brain isn't the only scrambled one!

x

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 06:06:51 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Lilypoo: That is legit my mood right now. xD It’s all good~
I was scared to ask just in case I was derping because of my tired brain... but I was more scared of voting for the wrong thing. >3>;;

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Admin — Lily Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 06:13:11 )

@Tsundererra: Always better to check! :3

x
Admin & Lead Item Tech

Lost my mama on May 11 2019, May she rest in everlasting peace

Voltie — they/he Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 07:04:51 )
as for the naming convention, i thought i'd probably prefer whatever's shorter but after voting for that i realized that i never write out emojis, i pick em from the image list...so the naming doesnt matter much at all to me.

and for organization...im torn, since im searching them on the image list, im rarely looking at them so order of release makes sense. but after so many of them are there, it might be better for them to be organized alphabetically. but then again, if theyre organized by year, there wont be a huge amount of them in a single dropdown anyway...

guess im not that opinionated after all, since i dont use them as often as others. i do wish the image previews for the npc face emojis were bigger, theyre not very readable at their current size so i end up squinting at them and mousing over the names to figure out the differences. perhaps the names matter more in that instance.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 07:49:36 )
I’d personally prefer them organized by order of release. Especially since they’re already organized by year
Buying Sticky Fingers 30k

Voltie Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 08:22:19 )

Order of releeeeaaaaase

Donator — She/her Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 09:13:00 )

Lina:
[center]I’d personally prefer them organized by order of release. Especially since they’re already organized by year

This

[/center]
By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/4 16:34:34 )

I think order of release is fine .

As for name... I like it when the names are easier to write on mobile. So shortened or no dash, but also, I just tend to pick it right from the menu and not type it myself...soooooo. I don't think it matters xD

Goal: hit 15k posts
Please do ping me. I'm going through life struggles. Seeing pings makes me smile and helps me make sure not to miss replies.

Voltie Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/5 23:58:02 )
@Lilypoo: I like the new organization, breaking the emojis up by type and year - it helps identify the items themselves.
My Quest || My Art Shop

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/6 00:00:19 )

I'd prefer the emojis to be organized by order of release~

My QuestsMy Shop My Closet

Donator — Voltie Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/7 00:11:41 )
I'm inclined to vote simplified but I'm concerned that the names might be hard to remember in the long run. But definitely no dashes.

This might be a bit off topic, but is there any possibility that the character emojis be grouped by expression rather than character?
Ping me

Voltie — they/he Posted 3 months ago ( 2020/03/8 01:49:33 )
@Eruca: ooh i love that idea, grouping the characters by expression!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.