Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Three Kings Day Tomorrow

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 15:20:34 )
No idea what our plans are, if we have any. Mom's side of the family invited us to their yearly family reunion, what with my godmother saying they haven't seen us in quite some time and we should definitely attend. They're not all horrible people, but there's one person in particular I don't want to see or be forced to interact with. Then there's how people say hello, how are you, etc... only to never speak to me again for the rest of the party. The last few times I've gone, it's me huddled in a corner, just staring off into the distance. I'm tempted to come up with some excuse to not have to go honestly. And if I do have to... I'm bringing the entertainment center with me.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 18:29:49 )
It isnt even a holiday over here xD
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 19:26:24 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Never heard of it

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 21:47:18 )
I've never heard of that day before, although according to Google it's also called Epiphany, and I feel like maybe I have heard of a day called that before.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 21:48:57 )
@LordLucre: Don't really celebrate that one where I'm from. XD
Is there a way you can pop in, say hi to the people you like, and then leave after a polite amount of time?
Or do you depend on someone there for a ride to/from?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 21:54:41 )
@Kozi: If it was possible to do the say hello and then leave, I would. But knowing how my mother is, if I did go, she'd insist I stay and mingle, even though she knows I don't particularly enjoy said reunions anymore.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:02:28 )
@LordLucre: Reunions are seldom fun, I think, unless you're the boozing and schmoozing type.
I'm not that way, either. XD Typically, very boring there as a result.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:04:37 )
@Kozi: I may just pretend to be sick or something if she does try to force me to go.

Donator — sheep Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:06:23 )
Perhaps you could try to make plans with another set of people, "forget" that you had the original plan for the reunion, and then have an excuse to leave early because you made a commitment and want to honor both.

I've never been to a family reunion before. My mom's side of the family is literally just her now and us kids, and my father's side of the family lives on the other side of the country and we barely speak. I met my great grandma, my aunt, and my uncle on his side when I went on a trip to Seatlle with my boyfriend in October, but it was super awkward and all I wanted to do was leave. I don't have contact with my father anymore, and they were all talking about him and showing me pictures and I was just like...ahhh yeahh...I totally care about this man...

But yeah, I do understand not wanting to be around extended family. It's pretty awkward when you don't really talk to them.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:10:06 )
@Totalanimefan: It's kind of like second Christmas here. It's about the three kings that went to see baby Jesus and bring him gifts. Instead of cookies and milk, we leave out water and grass for the camels the three kings ride on(why the three kings don't get food, don't ask me).

@iggy: I am trying to see if a group of friends and I can meet up tomorrow if they don't have family obligations. My dad's side of the family doesn't do a reunion, least as far as I know. Mom's side, it's been a thing for years. I used to go back then, but some stuff happened and it just started feeling awkward to be there. Plus there's the fact that most of them are hypocrites and two faced.

Donator — sheep Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:13:13 )
@LordLucre: Yeahh...that's kind of the reason I stopped talking to my father. Hypocrite and a bigot.
I hope your plans work out!

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:14:34 )
@iggy: If they don't, well, if I get to stay home, I'll be happy. Means I can game and cuddle with my dog in peace.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:28:55 )
@LordLucre: I hope you get to do whatever makes you the most comfortable. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 23:06:15 )
@Kozi: Me too. ; w ;
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/6 03:49:32 )

Never heard of this day. But sounds awesome :o

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.