Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Just Ended A Longtime Friendship

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 19:24:00 )
Felt like I had to honestly. Bit of backstory for this. We met about...8-10 years ago(I suck at remembering dates) on an online forum and hit it off pretty well. At the time, I was dating my first ex(whole other story for another day) and felt lonely due to his behavior. So I confided in the friend and eventually, he started developing feelings for me. I didn't reciprocate since I just felt like it'd be wrong due to me not being single at the time. I did end up dumping the guy after more stuff happened and kept in touch with the friend. We were really close, but his feelings never really left. We tried dating at one point, but I realized that he was really clingy. Like really clingy. He'd message me often whenever I'd be out with friends, family or just doing my own things. I'd tell him to keep himself distracted with other things. But even then. We decided to call it quits on the dating and try to remain friends. I don't know when it started for me, but I noticed myself just getting irritated with him whenever he'd message me. Just really really irritated. So I started keeping our conversations short. At one point, he even confessed that he had no one to talk to while I was away. I think that was the final straw for me. Just now, once again, he messaged me and I decided to be honest. Told him that the friendship had just run its course and people drift apart sometimes, even when they don't want to, that it happens. He talked about how he gave me space, that he knows I'm going through some things, but that I'd yell at him whenever he'd message(I didn't. I'd just say I was busy or unavailable). Kind of the "I'm so nice, why are you being so mean to me?". I simply wished him happiness in life and that things went well for him, and that was that. I don't hold anything against him. We did have some fun times, but I guess things just happened.

Donator — haunting Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 19:49:35 )
sounds like he needs more friends honestly. sorry you had to deal with that. sounds like you two were no longer on the same page, and that this is for the best. perhaps he'll be encouraged to reach out to more people and secure healthy relationships now.

hello again

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 19:58:24 )
@kegs: I certainly hope so. He isn't necessarily a bad person, he just has things he needs to work on, like I do too.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 20:19:31 )
@Bioshock: And he HAS other friends. There were times when he'd be hanging out with them at their house or go see a movie. But he was just so fixated on me. It was exhausting.

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 20:28:00 )
Yes it kind of sound toxic :/ like he want to keep you no matter what.... it must been very exhausting at some points
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 21:08:21 )

Sometimes you just gotta cut em loose. It sucks, but it may be the best thing for both of you. He needs to move on and he may not if he thinks there's a chance to stay together. Sometimes it has to hurt before it can heal.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 21:15:12 )
@Miss Sandman: Oh, it was. It's why I started talking to him less and less.

@Bioshock: Thinking on it... I think he just wanted to try getting back together, which isn't something I was willing to do.

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah. Probably won't be easy for him, but it's necessary.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 21:42:38 )
@Bioshock: Oh geez, I just remembered how he wanted me to promise that if we didn't find someone to marry at a certain age, we'd marry each other.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/12 22:11:34 )
@Bioshock: Yup, he said that.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/13 01:00:47 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I knew someone like that
I eventually blocked him on everything we had in common, and when he used a mutual friend to ask why, I was blunt about his clinginess and needing permission for every bloody thing when he was an adult was annoying
I think said mutual let him know and then blocked him herself

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — SIR Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/13 06:03:51 )
@LordLucre: it is always hard to end a relationship especially a long standing one. Give yourself time to grieve the ending of a relationship no matter the terms. It seems your friend was looking for something you couldn't offer. That doesn't mean you or he is a bad person or needy, just misguided. I'm glad you were able to set healthy boundaries. Now is your time to maintain those boundaries. For me, any time something begins to cost me my peace of mind, the price is too dang high. Should you wanna chat about it feel free to hit me up.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/13 14:40:16 )
@Xanthan: Thank you for your kind words! I'm going to be focusing on me and taking care of myself.

Donator — SIR Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/14 03:48:39 )
@LordLucre: good plan. Don't let anyone or anything steal your joy!
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:16:44 )
I met my best friend when I was 11 years old in middle school (i'll be 27 this year for some context)
Earlier this year she decided to cut all ties with me, and her only reason was "you dont know how hard it is to be with someone who is chronically ill"

and honestly, it destroyed me. At first I was sad, but then, I got angry. Because I dont need to know how hard it is to be with someone who is ill. Because I know how hard it is to be the one chronically ill. I'm the one who has to deal with the pain, and side effects every single day of my life.

And it just sucks. I was suppose to be the maid of honor at her wedding, I bought my dress, i designed the cake, I even planned most of it and paid for most of it since she doesnt have enough money. And now I just feel like all the went to waste since I'm now not even invited to the wedding
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/15 15:41:02 )
@Kingslowpoke: That's horrible! I hope you're okay...
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.