Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Chill time chatter

Donator — SIR Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:01:17 )
So, today has been a pretty great day! I had a therapy session yesterday which was so so but I came to my own thoughts on it. But today I was able to clean up some more from last weekends debacle. Found more glass in my apartment however tomorrow I finally get my window replaced. I cooked and cleaned. In fact, I made pork steaks and broccoli and onions and potatoes. I simply got back down to basics and I love cooking.

I didn't think anything could too it off but then I ran a bubble bath....grabbed a 40.....and put on golden girls. And that is how you party down Covid style.

What all have you been doing to selfcare, and stay above survival mode?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:08:49 )
@Xanthan: A+ job on the bubble bath and the golden girls, btw. XD

For me, it's been a lot of video games, drinking lots of hot drinks, and trying to stay sane.
The sad thing is, my body is slowly becoming healthier, and I'm just gonna wreck it again when I go back to working nights. ugh.
BUT
I will try to pamper it as much as I can EAT ALL OF THE CARBS before then.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:13:25 )
watching a lot of stuff on twitch for the most part

and tending to my little plants outside. watching the wild birds fly about. I saw a gorgeous rufous hummingbird today! I've never seen one of those before. ^^

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:30:31 )

Hit me up next time you do a cook and watch The Golden Girls night! I'm always up for it. Just pretty much art. Again. Then once I finished that, my usual Thursday night Twitch stream.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 07:38:13 )
@Kozi: thanks! You enjoy the girls as well? Remember, carbs are our friend too! Lol what kinda work do you do?

@Shark: you enjoy bird watching? I used to do that when I was younger. That and I'd press leaves and flowers etc mark where I found them. I was a contributor to a few small local guidebooks about plants in my area. I only recently joined twitch to watch a friend play and sass her but I am liking what I see on there. May have to join in some more channels.

@DevilkinBoi: that sounds amazing! I love cooking sadly it got to where the people I knew including my kiddo were all just picky eaters. I don't mind choosey but when there's 3 or 4 people and their choosiness only leaves waste....i bow out lol I am about to make a cheesecake and watch the girls, wanna join?

@Totalanimefan: that sounds fun. I don't do a lot of overly complicated dishes. Is the hubby on twitch? Imma have some tea and make dessert then rest a bit before tomorrow.

I love these posts. I get to know everyone better and find new and similar interests. Yay!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 13:44:51 )
@Totalanimefan: I ended up with an oolong tea

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:00:09 )
@Xanthan: What happened to your window? Also golden girls are amazing, I have a whole golden girls pajama set that my friends tease me about they say I'm an old lady (i am neither of those things). This lockdown has been a good excuse for me to catch up on my sleep and dabble around in hobbies I haven't been able to mess with in a few years (like drawing, and boy let me tell you that long gap where I didn't draw has really taken it's toll but I'm slowly getting back to where I was).

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:20:33 )
@Faenoire: sadly there was an altercation at my apartment and the person I was with would not leave and ended up getting physical with me and a few different objects before finally breaking my window by putting his hand through it. There's way more to the story and neither of us was a shining example of maturity or civility. I posted about it in another forum. In the end, my son is ok though he witnessed a lot. And slowly my son and i are getting things turned around. I'm still deeply sad and hope my ex is doing well. I was even about to bail him outta jail but told not to :( so I politely let his mother and sister know he needed some help.

I don't feel like you can go around saying you love someone and then want to hurt them or get pleasure from their pain. Though that's pretty much what happened. In fact one time he actually sat on my bad and laughed at me when I was explaining that he'd hurt me.

But any who, Golden Girls is amazing and there's nothing wrong with being an old lady type figure even in your 20's LOL my mother used to say I had an old lady fetish cause even in my late teens I'd watch murder she wrote and golden girls all the time. ::blush::

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:36:05 )
@Xanthan: Good gracious! I've had my fair share of (not so smooth) relationships, So I understand how complicated it can feel :( I'm glad you're healing, and I hope your ex gets the help he needs. I have an ex that's scarily similar -- I have no doubt he really did love me, but I don't think he knew what love was supposed to look like, on top of the issues he was struggling with himself. Anyways, it sounds like things could have been much worse, but it's still absolutely an awful thing to go through, and I wish you all the luck in the world while moving past it. Hopefully your son takes everything in stride -- kids are very resilient, but he's still lucky to have a parent who will help him through it, especially since I'm sure this has shaken you up quite a bit as well. It sounds like you're doing a lot to make yourself feel better, though, which is great!

Also ooh, boy, my mother was right there with me watching the old ladies. (she wishes there was more of itπŸ˜‚) It took me a long time to watch it because the aforementioned ex actually recommended it to me and I was being petty, but I'm very glad I finally did actually watch it. It's hilarious! And I feel like Sofia and I would get along great xD I tell stories in her format all the time at work, and we've got a pretty equal sense of The Dramatic πŸ˜‚

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:49:35 )

@Xanthan: Yes to cheese cake and the girls.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 17:08:10 )
@Faenoire: that is awesome man! Thanks for the kind words. I have vented here slightly but tbh this was his place before me. However I tried to engage in hobbies and things he enjoyed. In the end I have found amazing support and a lot of fun here.

I am a member and moderator of some GG FB groups ijs if you ever wanna join. Also I have a video lemme see if I can embed it and send it to you in a message.

@DevilkinBoi: just curious, is cheesecake and the girls ever really a no? Lol

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 17:21:12 )

@Xanthan: If you ask my brother, he'd say no to the cheesecake.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 17:47:24 )
@DevilkinBoi: what is his problem? Lol jk

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 17:54:31 )

@Xanthan: Oh, he doesn't have as much of a sweet tooth as I do. He's more into spicy things.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:25:11 )

That's good and I'm happy for you :3
I'm glad your back in track again~

I think I'm going back to my short walks again. Since the lockdown I've been avoiding taking walks outside and I miss it. But I do live in a quite neighbourhood at the back of my apartment so I took a walk from there since is safer and I won't bump into people as much. So that was nice but it was still pretty chilly outside.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 19:42:29 )
@DevilkinBoi: I like spicy as well ole lol

@PurpdaBurpPurp: yes! Walking is important. We can go out etc. just don't be up on someone else lol keep it 6ft away my son and I may go to the park soon

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 20:08:12 )

@Xanthan: I don't like spicy foods. Only he does.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 20:18:50 )
@Xanthan: I'm definitely interested!!
im basically a senior citizen in his 20's just trying to look cool

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 21:55:00 )

@Xanthan: Yep I wish I can go to the park right know but it doesn't feel save walking all the way there. Is next to a busy street and is one of the biggest parks where I live.

Take proper precautions if you do ^^

Art Dump β˜† Avatar Gallery β˜† Quest Items

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 15:23:11 )
@Totalanimefan: I really enjoy it. Last night before bed I had made some Earl Grey and while I was sleeping I went to take my shower. And then I forgot about it :-(

@DevilkinBoi: not even a little bit spicy? Like a mild or medium not necessarily a hot
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.