Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 A Clawful Catastrophe

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:07:14 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oof not all day pants
my office won't make us go back until july 2021 at least tho :0 i'll be in my Work sweatpants this winter lol

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:08:35 )

yeah i really prioritized the separation + routine stuff / staying on top of caring for myself when everything started to go down cuz i knew if i didn't my life would turn to shit Real fast lmao

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:10:30 )

work sweatpants!!
why can't the dress code at work be like this, I think we'd all be happier and more productive

oh wow july 2021?? that's really far! I'm surprised they committed that far ahead, I feel like most schools/businesses right now are still like ?? will we open?? will we not?? find out next time on dragonball z

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:12:52 )

im so bad at routine... unless it's building bad habits Im really good at that

what are some things you do for self-care?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:16:05 )

yeah i hate feeling uncomfortable wearing clothes at work Lol + even pre pandemic i'm glad i don't work anywhere that's like business clothes only
it is p far out, i'm v lucky that they made this decision so ppl can better plan their life n stuff , it also helps it's in an industry where remote work is more common (and also i didn't like going into work lolol)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:18:54 )

hmm i gotta make sure all the basics are covered - eat, sleep, exercise, socialize - just bc in the past i've had health issues and i'd rather put in the effort of self care than ever deal with those lows again

i know ppl hate exercise lol but one of the most helpful habits i've picked up this year is that i do a 5-10 min workout right before i shower :0
i also make sure i'm staying in touch w friends regularly so i don't crawl into a social isolation hole lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:25:11 )

haha I think our dress code is very casual tbh (esp compared to places that make you wear suits and stuff??), but still
sometimes (most times) it's hot!! and I don't want to wear pants!!

ahh yeah I keep thinking that all this will change how a lot of companies do things like they are probably realizing they don't need office space for all these people that could work from home... also save on gas and cut traffic

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:28:26 )

yeah I definitely agree! self-care is super important but unfortunately it falls on the sidelines for a lot of people

ahhh I really want to make exercise a daily habit but I always like... pick it up for a while, drop it, then pick it up again, and repeat ALKDFJ
do you follow a video for your workout or is it something you make up?

I FEEL... the social isolation hole... I'm thankful for friends that reach out bc Im so bad at remembering to keep up

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:28:55 )

i feel u i hate pants!! first thing i do when i get home is take them off lol (back when i used to wear them.......)
and ya! my employer didn't let ppl work remotely full time before so i was p happy about it tbh

may i ask what kind of science u do ??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:31:13 )
Hi Guys, Wassup?
My Store

there's a Hunter who killed the queen of all gaia...whoever you are you will be known as "Killer of ALL gaia" and Have no respect. I know who you are! everyone will know that you killed my 17-year old account. what next? go after my friends? It's over, Killer Queen of All gaia...

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:35:37 )

yeah i think i got on top of it cuz i was like, no other choice!! i think the mindset for me is like having systems in place / make it as Easy As Possible for yourself >>>>> making it abt individual willpower or determination lol

i use videos on youtube!! i'll save a few that are like 5-10 minutes Only, so when i gotta shower i'm like it's only 5 min and i don't even gotta think just gotta do what the pretty lady on the screen tells me. and doing it to workout music helps a ton ton ton :0
i can always do more if i want and often do but the idea is that there's no pressure to and that it's Only 5 minutes - since the hardest part is starting + consistency - tbh this has worked rly well for me this is the most fit i've ever been lol

ya i feel!! this is similar to the systems in place thing which is i'll have a monthly recurring thing w friends so i don't gotta do the effort of reaching out lol like we're just like oh it's happening this week

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:36:36 )

ajskdl;f sometimes my posts get kind of long no pressure to respond in length lol

hey micki how are you ^^

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:38:17 )

*rolls in* Hello peoples!

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:40:12 )

hey crystal ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:40:37 )

i was lurkin and saw ur parakeet thread :3
it looks super in depth!!! i haven't had a chance to read it yet but i like that you include pictures lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:40:45 )

haha maybe they'll think about making full remote work an option for when things return to normal!

I research and develop drugs for infectious diseases ahahaha.. I guess you could say it's a hot industry right now

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:42:26 )

i hope so!! i mean they can't exactly say it can't be done at this point lol

ooh cool :0 do u have to work in a lab w the beakers and the coat lol? or is it mostly like computer/analysis stuff ?

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:42:39 )

@xvz: Aw thanks! Yeah apparently I'm pretty passionate about the little brats, so might as well help other people out :)

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:42:58 )

honestly i think lab coats are so cool Lol low key

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:42:59 )

the systems thing makes a lot of sense!! actually this is really inspiring and I might borrow your idea and try it out soon ;3c it sounds relatively painless and low commitment which is what I need orz

oh same! my high school friends and I have a monthly video chat going, but that was even before the pandemic haha
Im trying to establish it with my other friends but everyone so busy..

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.