Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 A Clawful Catastrophe

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:44:11 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

haha it's impressive how much you know about these birds!!
voltra's resident parakeet expert :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:45:55 )

I've only had them off and on in my life, but really got into them as a...hobby (?) in 2013. I bought two, and then I had three, then I got a fourth one, and the the first male and second female paired off and had babies and it just snowballed from there lol.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:47:40 )

haha when they fight you on it, you can just say "WELL I worked from home from august 2020 to july 2021 and that's basically forever and things were fine, so...."

haha there is both! these days I'm doing the computer stuff from home and then I (reluctantly) go to work in person to do the lab coat stuff.
and ADLKFJ honestly this is bad habits but I don't wear a lab coat unless Im working with cells, it's like... it's like wearing pants HAHA it's hot and uncomfy
once you realize nothing in this lab can really kill you, you just have no fear

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:48:52 )

yay i hope it helps!! i think coupling it w showering + keeping it real easy have helped a lot w consistency / habit for me, i hope it works for u lmk!! :3
if it helps i also remind myself like, lil 5 min is better than nothing and it'll be over real soon lol

ah that's sweet ~ !! it's weird how ppl are busy even w so much stuff closed, but it's understandable too
tbh some of my monthly things are lunch during work hours lol , since everyone has to eat and i love to put off work >w>

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:49:38 )

crystal what do u think ur parakeet limit will be :0
100 parakeets ??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:50:51 )

BABY PARAKEETS...

I used to have two when I was a kid. one was yellow and one had a lil blue. I don't remember their names tho

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:51:19 )

haha that's what i'm hoping !! tbh some of my coworkers have moved out of state so .......... lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:52:35 )

omg!! so scientist!!!
lmao i guess it is a coat, i can see it feeling like the pants thing
but like ,,,, you get to look like a tv character lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 06:57:11 )

night total! hope you get some rest and safe travels <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:01:12 )

yeah I'll try it! do you have any youtube channel recommendations? or video recs?

ALDKF I honestly am not sure what my friends are doing that's keeping them busy ahaha I guess bc some of them are still in school, and others have been working through the pandemic or work weeeeird hours
ahh video chat lunch! that's a good idea too

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:04:20 )

im crying, your coworkers just yeeted out of the state ALKFJLKJ that's how it's done tho. do it now and ask for forgiveness later haha

ADKLFLKJ I like squirting water out of syringes with needles, it makes me feel like a doctor on those medical dramas

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:11:02 )

sweats idk if it's embarrassing to share hehe but some channels that have good like follow along / short videos that i've used, in no particular order:
blogilates, chloe ting, madfit, thenx, and fitness blender for longer ones
but mostly i'll look up like, { 5 or 10 minute } + { cardio/upper/lower body/arms/abs/hiit/stretches } depending on my mood
the first 1-2 weeks is like huff n puff but afterwards it's like autopilot for me!! and would rec sticking w "beginner" videos until it starts to stick, the idea is like ease and consistency lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:13:04 )

hahahahha ya they did lol one of them is like in michigan on a farm in a town w like 300 ppl???
i live in nyc tho so rent is so expensive qq if not for friends/community here i don't think it would be worth the rent cost

lol Dr. Scientist Hachi Reporting For Duty

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:26:13 )

👀👀 bless thank you for the advice!

wowow cool big city tho! I think I've only been to nyc once but I'd like to visit again bc I don't remember anything ADLKFJ
but mood about the rent
sometimes when ppl tell me the square footage they get in smaller towns for the same price im like??
?????????

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:27:37 )

haha sometimes I think about moving to somewhere far away and with very few ppl, like it sounds like it'd be chill and low stress. and you can raise chickens and goats

but I think I would also miss the convenience of nearby civilization

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:35:59 )

haha i hope it helps lmk how it goes!! i started to see results around the 2 week - 1 month mark and it was really encouraging :0 and the main reason i keep it up is for mood/routine management and i think it's helped a ton w coping w this year lol

omg the price comparisons Pain me i can't and being home all the time it's not really the best value rn Lol but i don't think i could leave my friends/community
i'm not even a big city person tbh but having access to qtpoc community is v important to me so i just pay rent out the ass >w>

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:36:41 )

chill farm life sounds like such a dream tbh!! i think would be a nice way to spend a later stage of life if i could :0
i would love to sit on my porch w a cold beverage doing nothing but stare at outside lolol

also i think its my bedtime hehe it was nice chatting hachi!!! gn see u around :3

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:47:23 )

yess im looking forward to it now haha
maybe I'll try to make more routines out of other things too to reduce the quarantine sadness anything helps

oh this is very true. it's what I love about big cities, there's a lot of culture and diversity and it makes it a fun place to be imo
haha I suppose that's why a lot of ppl retire to small towns! it does sound nice

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 07:47:53 )

good night!! it was nice talking to you, get some good sleep ;3c

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/6 14:13:23 )
Good morning! It looks like our wild little kitty is still growing!

(if anyone wants to chat, ping me)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.