Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:45:26 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Seems like my cat decided to knock something over with his butt. e_e

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:49:37 )
@0v7: Yeah, I think I'm going to use the pork. It'll be easy enough to make some pinto beans and warm up the pork with lime & cilantro. I'll make some rice too, cut up some lettuce, tomatoes, etc., and let them decide what else to add - tortilla, or stick everything in a bowl, or whatever.

The cabbage and ground meat thing is really, really easy and it's tasty! Would you like me to try finding the recipe for you?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 21:50:43 )

@Wildfire: Omg I'm so jealous of your dinners >w> I always have simple stuff since I only cook for myself usually :0
Also, yes please!! I love cabbage :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:05:10 )
@0v7: Awwww, thank you. I would probably cook more the way you do if it was just me, but what I'm doing tonight is really easy. I literally just put some beans in the instant pot with a can of rotelle tomatoes for a little flavor since I don't have jalapenos or anything hanging around right now... the pork is cooked - warming it up won't be an issue. Rice is super easy to make - and I'll keep it plain for simplicity's sake (although doing more with it wouldn't take much). Otherwise, it's chopping up a couple of things. It's a good use of leftovers and it will fill my boys' bellies with minimal work for me :3

Ok, let me see if I can find that recipe - there are several variations of it running around.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:08:33 )

@Wildfire: I really need to make a list of fruits/veggies to get for the next week !! I already have a good amount of herbs since I froze what I got from the garden this year... I need ground turkey for sure, maybe lettuce.. hmm.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:15:04 )
@0v7:

Here, this recipe is close to the version I usually make - I don't usually use bacon and I have used white or rice vinegar just to give it some "zing". I've also used ground beef or pork.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:21:50 )

@Wildfire: That looks so good! I might add rice vinegar like you suggested, and maybe some other various spices I have laying around >w>

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:24:57 )
@0v7: Yes! It'll take it well. You could also add carrots -in small bites or shredded- or broccoli or ... a lot of things. Here's another recipe that maybe you'll like too, if you're looking for cabbage, quick, easy, and versatile. We ate something like this fairly often when I was a kid. It was good. :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:28:48 )

@Wildfire: I ate something like that as a kid too!! I've no idea where I'd find kielbasa tho haha >w>
Maybe I'll just make the cabbage sausage thing my mom made when I was a kid... I'll have to bug her for a recipe <w<

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:43:09 )
@0v7: another sausage would probably work as long as it's not going to fall apart when you try to cut it.
What is it about that recipe?! LOL!

I'm going to sit outside for a little, so replies will probably be slower than usual (because phone)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:44:05 )

@Wildfire: If it falls apart I'll just make a stir fry /joking
I hope it's nicer outside there than it is here! It's in the 80s here u_u

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:55:28 )
@0v7: my phone says it's 88 here right now but it seems really hot for some reason

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:56:39 )
Hello there!

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 22:57:34 )

@Wildfire: Humidity?? The heat index is usually terrible here too - I wonder what the real temperature is here..

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 23:14:24 )
@Lina: hey Lina. How are you today?
@0v7: yeah probably. It's better now that the sun dropped below the tree line

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 23:28:10 )
This is exactly

Well I had a horribly depressing day.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 23:52:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: oh no! Why? What happened?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 23:58:03 )
This is exactly

It started with my neck and back pain, then found out so troubling news, then started to feel sick, then had to deal with a screaming child. After telling my cousin that I will not be babysitting her child.

what you think it is.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 23:58:20 )
@Wildfire: I’m good! Been trying to set up a new thing for drawing on my ipad because I want to do Halloween art, but it took a little bit to get going. >.<

How are you doing?

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/8 00:07:50 )
@Another Movie Addict: that sounds less than pleasant. How is your neck feeling? I'm sorry you had a rough day

@lina: I hate setting up new technology but it sounds like you have some fun things planned!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.