Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My Dumb Butt

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 22:00:52 )
@MoodyBats: I've never heard of pinktober before.
What prompts did you use?
:o

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 22:01:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: i just randomly chose words
that i liked and wanted to use lol.

I didn't have a theme or anything.
just wanted to make it as stress free as possible.

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 22:55:11 )
@MoodyBats: That's actually really smart.
I always let myself down by missing a day or two, then shaming myself for it to the point that I just don't continue.
So doing something more chilled and laid back sounds brilliant.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 00:39:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: im over a week behind lol.
Plus other prompts people make their prompts don't really interest me.
they normally choose words i can't make something out of.

So i just do my own.
and planning to do huevember cause i have 0 plans in art other than practicing, learning and getting better.
so might as well just do prompts lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 03:01:08 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

blinkini:
@Totalanimefan: I'm currently working on a few orders and birthday presents for my boyfriend.
So I've made a bulbasaur, baby yoda, jigglypuff, gengar hat, meowth hat, three different unowns, a pokeball, and two pumpkins.
I'm working on a shark hat, two giant shark plushes, and a bouquet of hydrangeas that I'm going to be dying.
Honestly, I get overwhelmed with them. I'm currently trying to rewatch the entirety of SVU for the third time, but then all my youtubers come out with videos and I have to watch nothing but youtube for a whole day. :vanora_sweat:

hope it's ok to quote an older post but i'm so intrigued!! how did you make the gengar hat and shark plushes?? (all of ur crochet projects sound super cool, esp the hydrangeas!!)
i'm just learning how to crochet and i'm v curious, did you get the patterns from somewhere or are you coming up w them urself? :0 !!!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 20:43:23 )

That's kind of what I feel like just checking in to the site most days. I rarely post but still check for notifications regularly.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 11:18:19 )
@MoodyBats: That's fair.
I got a book of prompts to help me draw more. I did like three and then forgot about it. D;
It's so easy to fall out of the practice of drawing when I get obsessed with a different hobby.

@Totalanimefan: Oh. That's neat. How much is it??
There's been a lot of drama with my boyfriend's family, so I was spending a lot of time talking to his younger sister and helping her understand everything and making sure she doesn't take anything the wrong way and understands that we've taken her and her brother in because we love them and want the best for them.

@xvz: You're perfectly fine.
I hope you enjoy your crochet adventures! It's so much fun to discover new things to make~~~
I both use other people's patterns and come up with things on my own.
The person that's been ordering most of the items sends me pictures of what they want and then I've found the exact pattern.
However, the hats that they ordered were made by someone who didn't share or sell the pattern. So I used the base hat pattern that I came up with when I first got into making hats, then found different patterns online for plushies and used them to make parts that matched the pictures that they had sent me.

@Count Trashula: It feels like a vicious cycle, at some point. Lol.
I've now been checking constantly to see if there's been a post about a Halloween event. D;

@Lilypoo: FEEEEELS
All those happy brain chemicals.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 17:21:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: i just lack concentration and energy. i dont really have other hobbies outside of art. Art is all i do lol. but chores and rl responsibilities take over my life. and stress.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 23:59:53 )

@blinkini: aw tysm!! i did a small project following a video tutorial to get the basics down (single stitch, double crochet), it was honestly so hard lol, i've always respected ppl who crochet but now i respect it even more omg ... like there's math, visualizing stuff in 3d space, and like so much hand eye coordination skills too ... and patience !
i still haven't figured out how to read patterns quite yet but i'm gonna keep trying until i can get there!!
how long have you been crocheting for?
also i'd love to see ur pokemon and shark projects if you have any pictures you'd be willing to share!! (no pressure ofc) - they sound really cute

also re: practicing hobbies, i like to think of hobbies as waves that ebb and flow!! and i just ride whatever waves are rising and not worry or stress about the ones that aren't bc i expect them to come back w time :3

Donator — She/ her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:27:49 )
I swear this is me daily. I work from home and crochet/ draw to make ends meet past that and it is always a game of refreshing tabs to see if I have some new exciting news. Lol.

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 23:30:10 )
Sorry for the late responses. This week has been hectic with the weather and our dryer breaking and getting a huge order and finally setting up my etsy shop. :vanora_cry:

@Totalanimefan: I'll probably do that this next week. :]
I keep hoping that a halloween event will start, but I'm beginning to give up hope.
Eh... I don't really have anyone to vent to, so I'm trying to figure out how to deal with everything.
Like, I've always been the person that people feel comfortable talking to, so I keep getting to hear everyone's thoughts and trying to help them deal with it all, and I know that it's weighing them down so I don't want to make things worse by talking about how it's all affecting me, as well. =/

@MoodyBats: 100% me with crocheting, right now. Lol.
Back before I learned how to crochet all I had was the internet and drawing. Now I crochet a lot and barely draw.
It definitely takes it's toll on your skill level. :vanora_sweat:

@xvz: Dude, right? Like, I never really thought about it before I learned, but when I saw something crocheted or knitted I just assumed that it was too difficult and I could never make something so neat.
I've been crocheting for about seven years now and I can only read written patterns. Charts are just so scary that my brain refuses to figure it out. D;
I don't have pictures of any of them, beyond what is on the first page of the thread. But I'll be taking pictures sometime next week, after I finish everything for the pokemon order.

@PhotogenicPhish: Same. Just, everything. Same. Lol.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 00:43:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: there isn't much other hobbies i can really get into
since even hobbies cost money
and art is really all I want to do. as for me art really isn't a hobby but
turning it into a profession.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 01:24:33 )
I'm doing the same thing except I'm watching among us videos

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 05:40:10 )
@Totalanimefan: Same. I was anticipating it starting on the 28th or 29th. I just want more Halloween items so badly. D;
That and the new order is 12 things and it's so much and I'm still finishing up the last order... I'm worried I won't have enough time for an event.
It is a little stressful, but I love all of them and I just want them to be happy.

@MoodyBats: You right.
Hobbies that are cheap even end up costing an arm and a leg in the long run.
Are you getting a lot of commissions?

@Purpsy: Aw man, yas~
I just want to watch all the peeps playing among us, but I'm so far behind on Unus Annus and there are only 14 days left.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 05:44:10 )

@blinkini: I was mostly watching Offline TV for among us and is still watching lol

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 05:55:02 )
@Purpsy: I'd never heard of offlinetv before, but after a quick google search I discovered that's who I've been seeing a lot of. Lol.
I watch a lot of Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Game Grumps and their friends and affiliates.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 07:47:58 )

@blinkini: I never knew Offline TV too until I saw Ze or Jackcepticeye play among us with them xD
Among Us got me into watching gaming vids again although I long forgotten my twitch acc rip

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 19:04:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: Nope. only my friend has.
but eventually i will... maybe lol. :vanora_sweat:

probably improving anatomy and coloring might help

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 02:25:27 )

@blinkini: oh my gosh i hope ur dryer is ok now, that sounds like a major headache! congrats on the etsy shop and order tho ^0^ what's the order for?

i must have missed the first page photos post!! i went back to look, the unowns look so big!! :0 the cat+jigglypuff pic is <3 lol
how much polyfill / stuffing do u usually use?? i have hard time figuring out what a good amount is, i feel like i'm always under or over stuffing
do u fluff out the polyfill before u use it or anything?

also happy halloween~ ^^

@purpsy: omg a few weeks ago i started watching among us videos on youtube and found that group!
sykkuno reminds me of an irl anime character Lol
corpse is my favorite though i think! i like rae and poki as well
(i realize none of these ppl are technically part of offline haha but they do play w them a lot!)

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:38:49 )

@xvz: The first I've known first is Toast then Sykkuno but yes he is such an innocent cinnamon roll I love watching his vids the most xD
Plus I ship Sykkuno and Corpse so hard but not romantically. I just adore their friendship :3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.