Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG blin's inactive event thread

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 17:53:41 )
Literally, a ddr bard would be amazing! Not sure where you get that technology from in a fantasy world, but it would be funny

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:34:37 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀spooky chat

oh that would be great lol ... maybe it's solar powered ??? or ... well pianos are non-electric , i'm sure hypothetically there could some kind of piano pad contraption that doesn't need any electricity! that would be a great image

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:42:04 )
Tap dance on a big xylophone

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:44:47 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

that should be a whole art form!!! like making music from dance?? that would be so cool :0

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 19:07:38 )
Some dancing does kind of make music already

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 19:19:21 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

hmm what do you mean by that?? :0 are you thinking of anything in particular that comes to mind??

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 19:33:08 )
Tap dancing and Irish dance and clog dance and step dance

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:37:34 )

i kind of really want to make this happen now. I need to figure out how this would work. like now xD

Also I'm thinking this is going to be a modernized fantasy world. There are still your typical nomadic cultures in the wilds. People living in trees and mountains and caves. but in cities there might be electricity and plumbing. Or even towns.

maybe even some kind of modernized system in the tree villages as well.
I just have to work out how it can be a realistic merge between the two eras. Perhaps a battery system with some rock that I'm pretty sure has some electricity or something. I'm tapping some forgotten factoid in my brain for this so research must be done. and crystals and limestone etc have memories so that could potentially be the "electricity"

SO it wouldn't be a stretch to have some kind of roll out ddr esque piano

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:43:14 )
I have always wanted to write a story about a fantasy world but with things like plumbing and electricity; except those are run by elemental magic! So it’s all still magic but water magic and electric magic

I imagined things would run on elemental stones that you get periodically recharged, like magical batteries

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:43:15 )

i just realized she has 19 dex. THIS IS PERFECT.

omg. thank you all for leading me to this glorious idea. xD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:44:43 )

well if either of us write a book with that idea we know where some of the ideas were bounced xD haha

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:55:19 )
Yes! Someday

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:58:34 )

i write so much better with co authors/ sounding board. xD cause i have ideas but i can't always quite get to that point where it's "YES. YES that's it! That's the one"

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:59:04 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

ohh tru there are dance forms where you're making rhythms already! i guess my mind in at like ... playing an instrument by dancing, like if you... attached strings to your body and moving around would play wind chimes or something! or like a theremin but for whole body movement :0

elemental powered sounds cool! i guess we have hydro power and wind power and stuff like that too
i wonder if there's some alternate universe where we figure out electricity but never invented computers or smartphones? or like, the internet?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:00:08 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

writing w a partner can help so much! like it takes the pressure off too
the few times i forum rp'd, writing felt a lot less pressure cuz you have someone else to build ideas with and get feedback/input from and can get excited with!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:04:47 )

i love water wheels. xD they're just... pretty to me, and relaxing. xD so I'll probably have that in there.

there's one man band things where it's drums and harmonicas and symbols and horns all with body movement :D If you haven't seen one. i think that's kind of what you're thinking of? Similar concept anyways. But wit different types of instruments for sure.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:07:48 )
Writing with a partner is so much better! Just having someone to talk to can really inspire new ideas!!

A world as if we never got computers would be very interesting. Machinery would still be a thing, and lights and all. But the first computers were calculators, and a world without calculating would be weird to imagine

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:09:45 )

Brain does not compute.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:12:12 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

oohh yess, water wheels and windmills!! something about the turning in a circle and like water/wind generation appeals to me too

i haven't heard of the body movement instruments thing before!! do you know what it's called or anything, or like what to google search for ..?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:14:31 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

yeah i feel like even the part where you talk out loud or talk through an idea helps solidify things / inspire new ideas! otherwise it just lives as a blob in my head sometimes , but putting it into words can help get things going :0

hmmm i guess we used to use abacuses for calculating? or maybe we do have computers but just no internet?? (thinking face emoji)

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.