Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:22:56 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

oohhh that black bean burger recipe i've eaten a lot of black beans this year but i haven't tried making patties from them yet!!! this is good dinner inspo i'll have to try it sometime!!!

during the boredom baking phase of the year i made hamburger buns from scratch and it was both easier and harder than i expected lol
it was a lot more involved than i thought (kneading dough ???? erf) but they actually turned out well!! (i thought they would be disastrous lol)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:23:17 )

green bean tempura sounds sooooo good i want some!!!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:24:15 )

starlight what do u use for listening practice ?? it's nice that there's a ton of good korean media and entertainment too - like music and kdramas etc to stay on ur game :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:26:11 )

I wanna try impossible burger

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:27:53 )

The past few days I've been watching a cartoon called 안녕 자두야 (Hello Jadoo). I also listen to random radio videos on YouTube, watch variety show clips, watch Kpop idol videos, and so on.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:28:07 )

Oh and I watch the videos with either no subtitles or Korean subtitles
And I watch dramas too sometimes

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:28:36 )

oh yeah for making bread/buns from scratch, the kneading and waiting feels like a lot of effort lol ... ig if u do it a lot some ppl might get a mixer but still !
and that's sweet :">

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:29:25 )

woah i haven't seen impossible meat at my local grocery yet :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:29:40 )

oh I didn't know there's DIY impossible burger now is it foolproof to make tho bc my cooking skills...... not great ADLFKJ

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:30:29 )

starlight watching wo subtitles is p impressive :0 ! i think having other context clues (tone, body language, etc.) can be helpful for learning stuff more like intuitively? like that's kind of how kids learn their first language right?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:31:12 )

i wonder if u would have to worry abt undercooking the way u might w like chicken ?? no right?? >_> like can u eat raw impossible meat lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:32:57 )

yeah im big bad at knowing when to stop cooking things like meat (or baked things), bc im always afraid of undercooking it??

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:33:03 )

wildfire i have no idea how adults meet ppl Lol still a mystery to me
did ur kids do clubs or sports or anything for social ? like how do they structure the social groups ... do u just throw them in a room together and are like here be friends lol

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:33:34 )

One thing I like to do is watch a video without subtitles and then watch it again with subtitles. It's interesting to see if I didn't understand certain parts because I didn't know the vocabulary or grammar being used or if it was purely a lack of listening ability.

I do think tone and such are useful, and the more you listen the more you get used to like the rhythm and sound of the language.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:35:31 )

ohhh i had a fear of undercooking/underbaking too but i think after a while you develop an intuition for it ! u just gotta keep doing it :3
nearly undercooked/underbaked is like, sooo good lol ... like nearly undercooked meat is v juicy and almost undercooked baked goods are the best!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:37:08 )

yess I know what you mean, there is a definitely a sweet spot with the timing
I always pass it tho and everything ends up... tough and overcooked ALDKFJ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:37:55 )
@xvz: We did martial arts (my eldest is a black belt), various other sports (soccer, flag football, other martial arts, etc.), different clubs (robotics, etc.), and all those kinds of things but my kids met other kids at the homeschool co-ops, in class, and in between classes, mostly. They also played with the other conventionally-schooled neighborhood kids when they were younger. It wasn't an issue. As they got older, they started developing other interests that lead to things too

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:39:39 )
It's very easy to miss the timing on cooking things - it's often just a minute one way or the other between underdone and overdone. Usually I tend to go for the slightly overcooked side of things because under-cooked things can be nasty and dangerous

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:39:43 )

starlight that sounds like a really good strategy!! like a good way to figure out what you don't know + how to learn from it

i feel like it took a long time for me to think of language learning as like an intuitive process? i was like so bought into the idea of learning it in a structured way, like getting every conjugation right or like the grammar, but that's not how ppl learn first languages "naturally" - it's more abt like learning now to communicate ... and yeah listening/speaking feels v different from like reading/writing! i think bc of the wanting structure thing, i found reading/writing easier but i feel like listening/speaking is more ..... idk powerful? lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:40:44 )

ok i have to dip for a bit cuz i keep neglecting the leftovers i keep reheating lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.