Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:44:53 )
I'm going to take off too. It's time for a change of scenery and to finish being an adult for the day. It was fun chatting like crazy people with everyone! <3 Good night!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:45:27 )

For me I started off my Korean learning by going through three books: Korean Grammar In Use Beginning, Korean Grammar In Use Intermediate, and Korean Grammar in Use Advanced. Part of the grammar from the first book had been made into an Anki deck by someone else, so I downloaded that deck and added on to it as I went. I also added new vocabulary into a vocabulary deck as I went. I really enjoyed studying grammar in this way, but I can understand why some people would want to try a more natural approach

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:47:19 )

Grammar is an interesting thing to me. The way a sentence is made and how different parts of the sentence relate to each other... It's like a puzzle. Learning Korean grammar made me want to learn more about English grammar. It makes me wonder about grammar in other languages as well

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:49:07 )

Also I liked how the books would often use grammar from previous lessons in the example sentences in later lessons. It built upon itself pretty well. It helped reinforce the grammar points already learned. There were a few times where a grammar point that hadn't been taught yet would be used, but it was okay for the most part.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:52:00 )

I've never had impossible meat before

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:53:02 )

I've never had impossible meat either

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:53:44 )

language learning is super interesting!
it's kinda different between kids and adults tho. kids are able to learn by LOTS of input from other people, positive/negative reinforcement, etc, as they grow up. but a lot of adults who learn second languages don't have so much outside input (esp not for so many years), so having more structured things is nice/fast to start with. that's also why living in a place where you are forced to use/see/hear the language frequently, is probably the best way to become fluent at it ;3c

not to mention it's difficult to break away from the habits of your first language, haha

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:54:03 )

I also became more interested in the history of languages since I started learning Korean. It's interesting how languages change over time

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:56:07 )
Hello everyone!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:56:07 )

I get what you mean about breaking the habits of your first language. I think the most difficulty I had with Korean was at the beginning. Even the basic difference in sentence structure hurt my brain at first, but now it feels natural. There was also the use of particles and the lack of pronoun usage

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:56:15 )

Hello Lina!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:57:21 )
Hey Starlight! How are you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 00:58:51 )

I feel like I learned a lot about english grammar while I was studying spanish haha
like I never knew what... present participle and things were until then ADLFKJ

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:00:28 )

I'm doing well. How're you?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:01:31 )

In Korean, there are subject particles that attach to the subject of the sentence and object particles that attach to the object of the sentence. I can now identify both subjects and objects very well in English and Korean

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:07:02 )
English is an odd language sometimes.
It stole words and rules from all over :3

Starlight: I’ve had a bit of a tummy ache, but I’ll be fine.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:07:51 )

english is a super weird language LKDFJ
I think the biggest takeaway from any language I've tried to learn is that english is really weird

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:14:25 )

That's so sweet

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:17:38 )
Depending who was in power in Europe at a given time, the English speaking citizens often also spoke French, which is why English has like 3,000 French words just adapted into it.
And lots of other languages were added over time

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:18:49 )
Totalanimefan: omg, that’s so sweet!!

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.