Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:51:27 )
@Vixen: Yes, and taht's part of the creative dynamic that is so interesting for an artist to see, be aware of and pursue.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:52:37 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

wildfire that sounds v cool ^^ i think there exists an alternate universe who went to art school and i do wonder sometimes what that could have been like
all that plus the traveling sounds like you've been living a p full life so far :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:52:46 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: yep. 100%.
but also me: PRETTY COLORS.

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:52:56 )

I dropped out of architecture program to join the art program at the school because the one male teacher was like "female architecture students don't belong here unless they bang me. I said hell nah I'm switching programs instead of failing to your (word I've forgotten) ways. " Then got to art degree and got "have an abortion because I'm a Karen." AHhhhhHHHHH.

I quit college and haven't been back.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:54:37 )

Note: My life = somehow running into the WORST people and then being told I'm scum for not taking it and being kicked and spat on until I'm in a hole of spiraling depression i can't escape from.
Then i have my family who are helping me get out of the hole. and voltra cause you all are so supportive. you all the best. I have so many bad stories. But also many more good ones.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:56:20 )

shadami that's cool!! i heard of this takeaway that is like, "consistency over intensity" - like it's better to do a little bit of art every day than like a big chunk once every blue moon - like it's abt developing that habit+mentality of making and thinking about art! how have u been keeping up w it so far??

i feel like you've been making a lot of art this event too :3 it's great to see it!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:57:09 )
@xvz: Thanks. Yes, my life has had its interesting moments so far - lol! I'd like to be out exploring and adventuring more, actually.
Art school was interesting but it didn't pay the bills, especially not right off, but I'm glad I pursued my passion.
Alternate universes can be fun. And there's no reason why you couldn't explore it a bit now, if that's something you wanted to do

@Vixen: LOL... well, yeah... DUH! <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:58:17 )

well this is my huevember so far + some from previous years attempts because i wanted to see them together xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:58:22 )

@Moodyb: yeah sometimes the hardest thing to do is to just start! haha
im sure if you keep at your studies you'll be great at painting! everyone's gotta start somewhere.

that sounds like fun. I think incorporating interesting colors is an exciting part of painting.

that's awesome! glad you got some nice pieces out of it I feel kinda the same with the stuff I made during artfight. it's taken me a long time to learn, but it's ok to not like everything we make. I think it's good to focus on the stuff that we are proud of too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:58:23 )
hey everyone!

Come join me at my lil
&

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:58:25 )

oh yeah i'm really grateful for hs teachers who were good too cuz i feel like at that young age it makes an even bigger diff on how you feel abt certain subjects, like if you get that positive encouragement or negative can put u in a like a good or bad feedback loop

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:58:31 )
@Shadami: Wow - it sounds like you hit the jackpot of Jerks with some of your experiences! I'm sooooo sorry! <3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:59:29 )

shadami i'm so sorry to hear abt ur experiences w architecture and art school..... that's so awful and i hope that teacher got fired.... but idk knowing academia ...

i'm so glad to hear abt feeling supported by fam and voltra tho <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:00:03 )
Ok... you guys and this interesting series of conversation topics!! I need to get work done doggone it!!
-disappears (any bets for how long? /eyeroll/ )-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:00:44 )

wildfire me too! i think when i was younger i didn't have a good mindset for it / was going thru stuff but now i'm like, yes i want to experience things while i can!!! sadly this is... not the year for it lol

and that's true!!! sometimes i'll tell my friend stuff like, "oh wouldn't it be fun if in an alternate universe i ..." and she'll be like u can do that now!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:00:44 )

@Wildfire: 20 seconds! *pings*

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:01:07 )

Im sorry about your experience with all those terrible people, shadami
I hope you've been able to cut most of them out of your life. surround yourself only with people who will support you!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:01:20 )

shadami that's super pretty to see put together like that!!! :-D the gradient is v pleasant to look at

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:01:51 )
@Shadami: BRAT.
it doesn't count 'cuz I never actually left Voltra :P

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:02:10 )

I have cut loads of bad people out of my life. It's nice to be able to.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.