Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:38:34 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

I hate how unmoderated some avatar sites are. Other than that, my experiences have mostly been positive.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:38:40 )
@MoodyB:
nice

Come join me at my lil
&

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:38:47 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

welcome back wildfire ^^ i'm sure u did good!!! can't be at full capacity 100% of the time and i feel like u have early days too

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:39:33 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

fave thing: dress up with huge amount of variety + awesome people
least fave: trying to get the layering to work as i want LOL + decidedly less awesome people >__>

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:40:14 )

I agree with Vixen. Sometimes the layering is so awkward, but I get why they have the layering system that they have.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:41:18 )
@sunny: Oh, now that's bad.

@xvz: Yes, thanks. Yes, I'm usually more intellectually awake in the morning... well, after the coffee kicks in!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:41:31 )

For favorite things:
-It was always nice when an avatar site had a dream avi maker
-Marketplaces on bigger avi sites are nice
-I liked Ernya events where you could find currency under avatars when lurking
-Basic stuff like making avis, posting, and events are always fun of course
-I liked the bug hunting on Crysandrea and Sapherna
-The dye system on Terrasus and Syndrone was great

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:41:46 )

aw sunny sorry to hear that :-( you must have been really close to the community

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:42:15 )

And since layering was mentioned, sites where you could move items to whatever layer you wanted were fun

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:42:57 )

I really liked the Easter Egg hunts they had on Ernya.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:43:22 )

moody true the commons can add up if u get multiple at once !
i feel like u usually have the bats on when i see u :3

sounds like you're really trying to push urself to try new things / build on skills!!
hmm i wonder if my color palettes are consistent or not ...

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:43:31 )
Favorite thing about avatar sites is the quality of the avatars (variety of items, layering, etc.) and the people I get to meet on them.

Least favorite things are monotony (i.e., same schematics for events, lack of release of features/items) and lack of discipline on userbase, regardless of title. I've heard horror stories of some people getting away with things that shouldn't be, and I steered clear away from those environments.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:43:32 )
@0v7: unmoderated sites are just chaos and drama waiting to happen.

@vixen: & @sunny: LOL. Oh, I feel ya on that one! There's only so much a person -or team- can think through that though when they're trying to put a system like that together. It's probably why some of the layering gets so weird sometimes.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:43:45 )

It was pretty bad. One of the artists lost her entire source of income overnight with no warning :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:45:46 )
@Starlight: the dye system? Like take a combination of things and "dye" them in to a new color?
OH! Now that's an interesting idea - being able to move items to whatever layer you wanted!! What site or sites did that??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:45:49 )

hmmm favorites .... i love making friends :-))) it really is a community and i think it's really fun and sweet to see ppl come together this way
i also love to make avis haha ... and the art community has honestly done so much for me personally in developing my art skills when i was growing up

i do wish the rp community was more active here!!! i was thinking maybe of posting a search thread at some point? every time i've tried to start an rp it usually ends up not getting far u_u but i get super excited about it every time and spend a lot of time and effort planning and really looking forward to it haha

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:46:39 )

i'd imagine at this point we probably have soo many layers :0
i'm kind of glad you can't layer Everything though, i think i need constraints personally or else making an avi would take ... truly forever

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:47:05 )

Least favorite thing:
Drama. When staff drama occurs it can kill the site, and drama between users just makes me feel uncomfortable and can reveal cliques. I still remember on one site a user made a feedback thread with a suggestion. Some other users replied explaining why they didn't like the idea. They didn't say anything about the OP at all and were just stating their opinions on the idea, but suddenly the OP's friends appeared and started acting like the other users were ganging up on their friend and the OP started acting like a victim. The other people were also trying to explain that them disagreeing with the idea was not a personal attack on the OP but the OP and their friends just refused to listen and insisted the OP was being bullied. It was one of the strangest drama incidents I remember on an avi site, and I was always wary of the OP and their clique after that

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:47:13 )

oh what was the bug hunting thing starlight??

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:47:46 )

I love the art community on avatar sites I also just kinda like the forum format - there's not a lot of pressure to post or respond unless you wanna, some conversations are more structured (like in topic threads) which is easier for ppl who can't keep up rando conversation well (ahaha.. me... i hate small talk)

on the other side
MAN there is so much DRAMA on these sites sometimes ahahaha

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.