Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:37:58 )
@Wildfire: They can be! xD

And I've always wanted to make espresso shortbread and olive oil cake. Now I'm onto savory recipes. xD I love watching people cook, even if I wouldn't eat what they're making.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:43:18 )
@Aisukohi: I know what you mean. I'm constantly surprised at the little things I can pick up just by watching other people cook! So you watch the youtube videos... have you watched any or all of the cooking shows on Netflix, etc.? Which is your favorite? Least favorite?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:45:46 )

@Wildfire: well best of luck! hope everything resolves itself as quickly as possible

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 16:53:13 )
@Vixen: Thank you. I hope nothing else comes of this situation, but we need to get the paperwork in so that we are protected...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:01:25 )

Howdy howdy lovelies, I am currently enjoying listening to a friend trying to read Chinese names.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:13:27 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh, Mandarin can be difficult with all those subtle intonations!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:16:08 )

Oh yeah. It's better because there is also Hindi in there. He's reading out loud parts of Journey to the West for a reading event he's doing all June. Right now he's on some of the introduction bits. Which gives history and context for the story.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:32:10 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh man. That sound brutal on the tongue!
Are you his test audience, then?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:35:19 )

Lol I'm the one who requested this for him to read. He's borrowing my copy of Journey to the West vol. 1. And I'm the only one to show up for the event stuff right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:40:25 )
@Another Movie Addict: Why are you the only one to show up?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:42:14 )

Iunno. He said people had other things they wanted to do.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 17:49:21 )
LOL. That kind of makes sense - I'm sure there's a lot of "I want to do THIS now" type stuff going on

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:05:30 )
@Wildfire: I have watched a bunch of cooking shows on Netflix lol. Favorites include Flavorful Origins and Street Food (I finished Asia, and am watching the Latin America series). I've also watched Taco Chronicles and Salt Fat Acid Heat. I don't care so much for competition shows, but more like documentaries.

How about you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:23:59 )
@Aisukohi: Ironically, I haven't watched any of the shows you mentioned. It has also been a while since I've watched any of them tbh. I watched several seasons of Iron Chef, I think everything the Great British Baking Show had to offer, a few of Ramsay's series (some were better than others), and I don't remember what else at this point, but there have been a lot over the years (and phases of interest XD )

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:34:12 )
@Wildfire: There are a few competition shows on Food Network and Cooking Channel that I don't mind watching if I happen to catch them. Chopped and Iron Chef are a couple of them. I've seen some episodes of Hell's Kitchen, but don't care enough to follow the series with every season lol. More drama than I care for. I also love watching individual chefs just cook on their shows.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:35:33 )

I got to eat at an Iron Chef restaurant, and it was amazing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:46:06 )

Hello! I'm kind of back for now
It has been a very stressful week x.x

How's everyone doing?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:48:46 )
@Aisukohi: Chopped was interesting, and yes, I agree with you about the level of drama on some of these shows. I like seeing people experiment, learn (from constructive criticism) and grow from their experiences. The drama for drama's sake I can definitely do without!!

@Another Movie Addict: I bet it was. This was at Disney, wasn't it?

@Totalanimefan: The skies seem very indecisive right now - lol. It's a light but consistent cloudy, but the sun is shining through enough to make shadows, but it's obviously not full brightness. I'm not sure if it's going to rain or not, and even the forecasts seem to be all over the place right now!! I guess we'll find out. Typical Florida weather - lol!

Publix bakery is pretty amazing. Our wedding cake was from there too, actually :3 ... and, now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably make a run to pick up a cake from there for tomorrow :3

@Purpsy: Welcome back. I'm sorry that your week was so stressful. What's going on?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 18:49:47 )

@Wildfire: Yes it was. I got some duck ramen and gods it was glorious.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:01:58 )
@Another Movie Addict: Nice! And I love duck and I love ramen, so that does sound glorious. *o*

@Totalanimefan: I think I know which cake you're talking about, and if it's the right one, it IS delicious! One of my favorites, and the closest I've had to Japanese style strawberry shortcake in a long time.

@Purpsy: Doing all right. Having a semi-lazy day, and I'm stuck on YouTube watching recipes for various things. xD

@Wildfire: This is why I like Chopped--people get criticism without the drama lol. Plus I love seeing all the different stuff you can cook with that I never knew existed.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.