Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:03:33 )

@Aisukohi: Oh it was. We went to Mori Morimoto's restaurant at Disney Springs. Was worth it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:09:27 )

@Wildfire: Sigh... quite a lot at home. Worst case scenario, we may get evicted but I'm trying to be positive to all of this.
So in short explanation, my landlord wants to make some renovations around our apartment and is really an easygoing guy and doesn't want to evict us. The only thing that is getting away is my mom's hoarding problem and turns out we can get into some serious problem with the fire department, because apparently our place can be a safety hazard in case a fire starts or the amount stuff we own can cause a fire itself.

I've been throwing a lot of stuff away but my mother is making it complicated at times. She's making an effort but I'm worried it won't be enough to let us stay here since the landlord want to get rid of certain furniture etc. here for the last inspection on Tuesday (we're on our third and if this doesn't go well. Then we'll be facing the authorities who are not so forgiving. So yeah, been a pretty crappy week

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:11:36 )

@Aisukohi: Ooh! Are you planning to cook them for yourself?
@Totalanimefan: Thanks! I like yours too~

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:11:41 )
@Another Movie Addict: Awesome lol. I've been to Disney Springs a few times, but not really any of the restaurants. Mostly went to shop and grab a drink or two. Last time I went, I had this amazing wine slush haha.

@Totalanimefan: One day I'll have the patience and desire to make my own cake like that at home. xD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:12:53 )

@Aisukohi: I want for a friend's birthday back in March. We went there because I had wanted to go for my own birthday, but fucking covid.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:16:04 )
@Purpsy: Perhaps someday lol. It's getting the motivation to cook that's the tricky part. xP

@Another Movie Addict: Makes sense, and I'm glad you got to go! Heck, I like going just to walk around sometimes. It's so huge!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:16:54 )

@Aisukohi: Oh yeah, I really liked it when we went.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:19:29 )

@Aisukohi: I feel ya
I'll probably survive over on canned foods or instant noodles if I live by myself lmao

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:21:09 )
@Another Movie Addict: I had the best chocolate shake when I went there too. It was the Nob Hill Chill from the Ghirardelli Store. *o* I try to make it a point to stop there when I go because I love their chocolate.

@Purpsy: You can always dress up cheap food with more cheap food. :) I'm sure there are lots of great recipes on YouTube for that too! I was watching a video for egg fried rice that I want to try later.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:22:36 )

@Aisukohi: Ooo, I'll have to look into that. The next time I'm around that area.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:32:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: Please do! You won't regret it!

@Totalanimefan: I prefer baking over cooking, but it still take some motivation to do it in the first place lol. And why not take shortcuts where you can? Ah man, I could go for a baked sweet treat right now though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:35:59 )

@Aisukohi: Ooh interesting. Yeah my dad made his own recipe out one of those Heinz tomato canned beans and it was honestly one of my favourite dishes from him.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I'm very aware of that. My brother done a similar thing before and it was ugly, but is very hard to be patient with her and I'm very exhausted with this. I literally lost my cool on her two days ago. At this point I'm just stepping back for idk how long. But I think she finally slowly getting it and has thrown quite a lot of stuff away.

And Marie Kondo's method? Never heard of it, I think I'll search it up.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 19:51:55 )
@Purpsy: My fiance was watching a video the other day of a guy who made a feast of foods he bought only from the dollar store. I thought it was pretty cool for someone to do that, because it's nice to get ideas for how to live frugally when you need to. Kinda like how I appreciate those who do tutorials with drug store makeup (versus name brand). While I can appreciate that there's some quality expensive stuff out there, it's nice to know that you can pull off something nice with the cheaper stuff too lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:10:55 )
@Totalanimefan: Same. xD It's a wonder how I don't have health issues associated with too many baked goods by now.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 20:32:22 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I slip that way many times before and even now but not so much anymore. Especially now actually, I'm very much on that mood and trying to calm myself at the moment. Yeah I read a little bit of her bio and is a nice approach and may give it a shot someday.

@Aisukohi: That's true. Sometimes or most of the time, expensive brands doesn't always mean better. Although I'm talking more on the fashion side of things rather than everyday essentials. But maybe it can be the same? (no clue)

And dollar store foods are not bad, heck most of them you'll find in walmart but just cheaper or most likely in smaller size. I love buying snacks there ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 21:20:23 )
*returns* Oh! I'm happy to see you guys chatting while I was pulled away on an unexpected errand (to my favorite place of all time /eyeroll/) *runs back to catch up*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 21:25:37 )
@Another Movie Addict: duck ramen sounds wonderful!

@Aisukohi: Yes, Chopped was a good show :3 I kinda wish they were continuing it, but to the best of my knowledge, they're not. :(

@Totalanimefan: LOL! Yes, it is pretty cool. A day trip to the nearest Publix (for you) sounds like a nice little day trip! Is hubby familiar with the chain?

@Purpsy: OH! I'm sorry to hear that you're at that point, and sorry to hear that the hoarding is a bigger issue than the renovations (but that's understandable and it really is a problem... but it makes me sad). I hope things work out :3 <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 22:15:22 )

@Wildfire: I'm hoping for the best also and thank you :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 22:31:36 )
@Ava: Besides yourself, your mom probably knows you and how you work the best. It might not be a bad thing - again, you might just get positive confirmation that you're doing well! :3 <3

@Purpsy: You're quite welcome. Did you find Marie Kondo and her method of decluttering? It's pretty drastic, imo, but can definitely be effective. It might be a bit much for a true hoarder though. Still, it's worth looking in to. Maybe it will be the perfect solution for your situation! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/30 22:43:33 )

@Wildfire: Hmm, I'm not 100% sure it will work with my mom. Her motto is that she doesn't like to throw away items if still find useful and is willing to give it away to people that may needs it rather than throwing it away. Which is something she doesn't put enough action behind it except now I guess.

But is something I'm willing to give it a try for myself next time. Although I already cleaned out my closet but I still got some items in my brothers room (it used to be our room) that I need to look into tomorrow.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.