Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat *noms on candy*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 02:21:51 )
So I bought a bunch of candy from the store recently and I can't stop.
I really like watching the candy mix compilation videos from Tiktok and love seeing all the different type of candies. It's so satisfying to me and I wanted to try making my own mix (but I got lazy lol).

I got some Haribo Cola Gummies and Peaches and then some Jolly Rancher Misfits Gummies.
I can't eat it like I used to when I was younger but it's still satisfying my sweet tooth.
I've been eating a few pieces of candy each day since I got it but I missed having candy so much.
I lowkey wish I had bought a second bag of the misfit gummies because they're so good!

Do you like candy and what is your favorite candy?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 15:48:08 )

Ugh I love gummies, especially the colas and anything sour. Hadn't had them in a long time since they tend to be made out of things I try to avoid (and getting ones that aren't costs more than they're worth) but lately I started giving in and getting those dollar bags of gummy worms when we go grocery shopping. They're just so good, especially after they've been warming in the car for a little while. >_>

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 17:34:06 )

I love candies! But as I grow older I can't tolerate sweets as I used to before... I had a big gummy candy phase though. I love fuzzy peaches, gummy worms, sour keys, skittles (if that counts lol), starbursts and gummy bears. And I love them sour too ;3

But now I like hard candies like simple caramel or coffee flavored harden candies. They're not too overwhelming and I like it that it just melts into my mouth. Heck I even more fond with chocolate than I used to before. I love Kit Kats and Coffee Crisps =q=

They even sell them bite size in stores now and I would put them into freezer because I prefer snacking on them hard and cold lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/14 05:42:50 )
@count trashula:
Oh i never tried them that way. I would assume it makes them a little more softer?

@totalanimefan:
Oh nice!
I'm kind of particular to gummies myself. I like when they're soft not those hard to chew gummies lol.

@purpsy:
Same with me, especially since my teeth are more sensitive. I know I have a few cavities lol.
I'm not a huge fan of hard candy. The only hard candy that I prefer are strawberry bon bons but even those I only have them once in a while.
I love Japanese kit kats. They have better flavors and overall taste better than American kit kats. I have a bunch left over from my Tokyotreat boxes.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/14 07:34:09 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Yes! I discovered on accident that I actually prefer them a little softer and slightly warm lol. Better mouthfeel, and brings out the flavor more. Now I leave em in the car on purpose.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/14 17:05:03 )

@ArsenicAttitude: I have sensitive gums in my end so gummy candies, depending what type it is can make my gums sore sometimes.
Harden candies not so much, I treat it like a lollipop with no stick x'D

Ooh yes! I've tried a few, surprisingly I'm not much of a fan of their matcha ver. though...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/15 00:06:39 )
@count trashula:
Hmm I might have to try that out!

@totalanimefan:
I like cakes/cupcakes, cheesecake, cookies for baked goods.

@purpsy:
Oh I feel that.
I think I'm only sick of hard candy because I ate it a lot when I was having stomach issues and nausea. I would always have either cough drops, peppermints, those whetherworth candies or however you say it, and ginger candies. Those would help me not get sick. Even thinking about them now I'm like eww lol.
I think the matcha kitkats are the best ones but I've tried peach parfait, cherry blossom whole wheat biscuit, and some other flavors.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/15 01:03:07 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Ah that makes sense, not a fan of peppermints too and those ginger candies. Yuck.
Sounds delish~ I forgot the ones I tried it was such a long time ago, I haven't explored much with many flavours of Kit Kats they have in Japan.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/15 01:56:31 )
@purpsy:
I've only really tried the flavors from the Tokyotreat box.
I'm sure I could find some other flavors at my local Asian market though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/16 18:19:48 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Well I just got lucky! They were some on sale on a nearby an asian supermarket and I think I got one of the flavours you mentioned, peach parfait right? And banana caramel. It's in the freezer at the moment can't wait to try it ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/17 02:35:45 )
@purpsy:
Yeah peach parfait!
I think it's in a light blue wrapper. Those were one of my favorites. Never put kit kats in the freezer though. I should try that.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/17 16:52:56 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Is crunchier if you know what I mean, when it's cold. And I'm all about the crunch xD
And I love it! I much prefer it than Banana Caramel, which is not bad too. But the ones I got were bite size so I feel kind of ripped off.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/18 09:52:21 )
@purpsy:
Yeah, I know what you mean.
All the Japanese kit kats that I've gotten are always the bite sized ones. Idk if they do full size never seen it before.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/18 18:32:41 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Even in those Tokyo boxes?
Maybe they are difficult to find it here. But I much prefer it small since the ones I got were surprisingly sweet.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/18 19:48:36 )
@purpsy:
Yeah, they're the mini ones in the treat boxes but come in a bag. There's like 10-14 kit kats in there.
I prefer the minis too though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/19 02:20:26 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Ah that's fair. Yep, I'm not a fan of chocolate melting on my fingers for holding it too long ಠ_ಠ

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/20 01:14:28 )
@purpsy:
Ugh, me either.
I hate that feeling so much.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.