Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:07:34 )
Aaah, yeah ... it's going around, and can be difficult to tell if you have it unless you're running out for testing every day (which is generally pointless). I'm sorry that you're still not feeling great :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:13:54 )

I feel bad that I've been going to work this whole time, possibly infecting my coworkers.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:41:17 )
Don't. You didn't do it intentionally, and if there's one thing about this stupid virus that I learned it's that it's tricky. And it's damn annoying. If your test comes back positive, maybe you can warn your coworkers that they may have been exposed. Beyond that, there's not much you can do.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:44:05 )

My mom's coworker had it, and the upper level folks knew he had it. But purposely kept it a secret from everyone else, while letting him work at the building. That's how my mom got it. =w= She works for the state. Florida is garbage.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:47:57 )
That sounds like mismanagement in the department/building level (not the state) - somebody (or two or three) made a bad decision. In this day and age, if you're sick, you just need to stay home. Period.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:53:28 )

Either way, that guy is how my family got sick. -w- I've been out of town four times so far, and had tiny outings with friends. Yet it's not me who brought it into the house. >w>

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 18:57:07 )
I wasn't saying it wasn't him. From what you say - the timing, the development of symptoms through your family, etc., it certainly sounds like it was him. How did you get to know that somebody was working in the building with an active case? They apparently didn't keep it a very good secret

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:00:40 )

Lol little old ladies gossip, there is no stopping that. And there's still some left working at the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

Nah I was throwing shade at my mom. >w> She was worried I'd bring it into the house with my social life. But nope. My friends and I still wear our masks and socially distance while hanging out. All that jazz. Even though we've all gotten the vaccine.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:04:19 )
From what I've seen, it's random - it will either get you or it won't. Obviously, the less direct contact you have with other people will drop your odds of contracting it (or anything else), but we can't all turn in to agoraphobes either...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:05:40 )

-shrugs- My family are all introverts, well even me. They loved having valid excuses to not leave the house.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:10:46 )
LOL. I've heard that from a lot of true introverts.
All this staying at home stuff has made me realize that I'm not as introverted as I suspected.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:12:54 )

I'm an introvert, but not like they are. I do enjoy doing other things with other people from time to time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:32:03 )
Yep. That sound familiar.
I'm glad that you've been able to do some socializing.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 19:35:05 )

There was plans to have a beach day, but because of schedules it fell through. Probably for the best, since I ended up getting pretty sick.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 20:35:34 )
probably for the best. Unfortunately.

It has been a while since I've had a real beach day. I've been thinking about it lately too. Maybe I'll disappear later this week to the beach for a couple hours...

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 22:33:20 )

:C I washed my brand new orange pen in the washing machine. It was in my jeans pocket and I didn't find it when checking pockets. :C

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 23:13:41 )
@CooperationIsKey: oh no! That's unfortunate! I hate it when things like that happen! Is it ruined? Are your clothes ruined?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 23:21:33 )

@Wildfire: Pen looks to be ruined. I think my clothes are okay; they're mostly darks so hopefully nothing got stained, though I do have two brand new lighter-colored shirts in there (I try to wash all my graphic tshirts in cold water) and I'm praying they didn't get wrecked.

I think that'll be the last time I put my pen in my back pocket. :x

Anyway, how are you doing today? :3

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 00:31:14 )

Helllo helllo

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 02:40:14 )

I am so sad that I can't taste anything right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.