Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Another Newbie in the House

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 15:55:04 )
I’ve played a few avi/pet sites throughout the years, but I haven’t stuck with one in a while. I’m not the most social but I hope I can force myself to socialize more because I don’t really have any online friends anymore, unfortunately.

A little about me: I’m in my 30s, I love animals (especially cats), anime, reading books and manga, music (mostly rock or older Jpop and K-pop). I collect plushies and other cute things, I’m neurodivergant, I love art (I’m not very good at making my own though). I also like video games but the only ones I’ve been playing lately are Stardew Valley (trying to get a perfect save) and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Hope to see y’all around!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 23:21:23 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Hi there, welcome! c: I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Back in '07 and '08 when I was Gaia all the time I used to have a lot of online friends, but that number has significantly dwindled.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 00:47:41 )
@Totalanimefan Thanks for the welcome and donation! I have RF4 Special on the Switch and played it a ton, but I took a break and I forgot what I was doing and the mechanics, haha. I was on the final part of the game so hopefully I can figure it out eventually so I don't have to start a new save. I haven't played any of the other games in the series. I was interested in RF5 but I saw the reviews were kind of mixed on that.

@Pashminapanda: Thanks! Yeah, I used to play Gaia around '03-07 but lost interest once inflation got bad and all my irl friends stopped playing it. :s

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 02:29:13 )
@Starry: Welcome to Voltra!

I too love animals, especially cats, and I have 2 of them. xD Would love to have more, but my lease only allows for 2 animals. I also love rock music and anime. What are your favorite bands and favorite series?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 05:08:10 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Welcome!! Let us know if you have any questions ^^

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 05:39:35 )
Starry:
I’ve played a few avi/pet sites throughout the years, but I haven’t stuck with one in a while. I’m not the most social but I hope I can force myself to socialize more because I don’t really have any online friends anymore, unfortunately.

A little about me: I’m in my 30s, I love animals (especially cats), anime, reading books and manga, music (mostly rock or older Jpop and K-pop). I collect plushies and other cute things, I’m neurodivergant, I love art (I’m not very good at making my own though). I also like video games but the only ones I’ve been playing lately are Stardew Valley (trying to get a perfect save) and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Hope to see y’all around!

Welcome to Voltra. I hope you enjoy it here.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 19:22:03 )

Welcome to Voltra!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 20:10:14 )
@totalanimefan: Oh, maybe I'll buy it on Steam then instead. Though I'll wait for it to eventually go on sale, since I have enough games I bought and haven't played/finished for now, haha.
I used to be big into Hello! Project groups like Morning Musume, Berryz Kobo, Aya Matsuura etc. as well as Namie Amuro, Judy and Mary, Puffy, hide, Tommy february6/heavenly6, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Tokyo Girls' Style, Babymetal. And a lot of 80's stuff. Too many to list them all.

@stinky: Thanks! I play it off and on. I keep finding new mods to keep it interesting (and sometimes more challenging lol)

@aisukohi: Thanks! I have 2 cats as well. My favorite bands are Ghost, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots and The Birthday Massacre. My favorite anime series are One Piece, Gintama, Fruits Basket 2019, Death Note, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and I really like Spy x Family so far. I also love magical girl series as a whole, though I've not seen all of them lol.

@kittybeary @ariella74 @anarchist beauty Thanks for the welcome!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 00:37:24 )
@starry: Yeah, same here. :( I keep saying that these avi websites will make a comeback, hopefully it isn't just false hope.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 03:07:44 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, Steam seems to have sales a lot so I'll definitely keep my eye out. I would say Namie is my favorite solo J-pop singer too! It is a shame she retired, but she did have a long career at least. I like Nami Tamaki and Crystal Kay too; I haven't listened too much to those other artists but I've heard of them. Gintama is definitely good; one of the few anime series I've watched in the last few years that can make me actually laugh out loud.

@stinky: I'm looking forward to Haunted Chocolatier for sure. I loved ACNL but never got into ACNH... maybe cause I have noone to play it with so I knew I'd never get all the fruit trees and stuff. Though I haven't played it since any of the big updates, so maybe I'll restart my island one day.

@pashminapanda: I hope they do. It's hard to find ones that 1. aren't totally dead or 2. aren't 90% people under 21, lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 12:53:15 )
@stinky: Oh yeah, there’s also the fact I let my Nintendo Online sub run out so I can’t play anything online anyway. x_x Hate that it’s extra cause I don’t play online enough to justify the cost. That sounds like a cool design. Maybe I’ll just look up other people’s islands, haha.

The pet sites I’ve played are Neopets, Goatlings, Dappervolk, Furvilla, Subeta, Aywas, Tattered Weave, Novilar, Flight Rising (this one’s too confusing for me though so I didn’t do much lol) and some older ones that no longer exist like Acitius, BooPets, Creature World. And I guess Chicken Smoothie if that counts.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 00:09:58 )
@Starry: You're welcome! I think the only bad thing about having more than 2 cats would be the litter box cleanup. xP I've listened to all those bands except maybe The Birthday Massacre, I think, and seen some of them live as well. Foo Fighters put on a phenomenal live show, and I'm fortunate to have seen Sound Garden as well. Thinking of rock artists I've been listening to a lot recently but also for years, I love Bad Omens, Motionless In White, Palisades, Palaye Royale, and just honestly so many more. As for anime, I've been meaning to watch Fruits Basket 2019, but keep forgetting about it lol. Might try Jojo's since I know it's sooo popular, although I'm not quite used to the art style. I've slowly been getting through Spy x Family, and I love it so far! The facial expressions Anya makes gets me. xD Current favorite series of mine are My Hero Academia, Demonslayer, and Jujutsu Kaisen, but I love older series like Inu Yasha, Gurren Lagaan, Naruto (I can't get into Boruto though), and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, to name a few.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 23:10:35 )
@starry: That is true. I don't feel old until I try talking to people in that age group. lol
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/12 03:46:50 )
@Totalanimefan: My favorite Namie songs are probably Hide & Seek, Can't Sleep Can't Eat I'm Sick, Put 'Em Up, Funky Town and Want Me Want Me. I like her dancable songs the most but she has nice ballads too.

@Stinky: I guess most people are more interested in mobile apps and games than petsites these days. But I do feel nostalgic for the times I had playing them when I was younger.

@aisukohi: Yeah, I don't want to have to get another litter box and clean up more poop/barf lol. But sometimes I wish I had more cats.
I've seen Foo Fighters 9 times and they definitely put on a great show. I always felt sore the next day from all the jumping around lol. I saw Soundgarden back in 2011 and had tickets to see them again for a show just a few days after Chris Cornell's death. :( Had tickets to see Linkin Park that year too, but that obviously didn't happen either. I'm bad about keeping up with recent rock but I do know/like some songs by Motionless in White and Palaye Royale.
Anya's facial expressions are my favorite part of Spy x Family, haha. I've watched all of MHA but I was kinda getting bored of it the most recent season tbh. But I like some of the characters so I'll probably keep watching lol. I love Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen too. The last movie I saw in theaters was Mugen Train, and I wish I could've seen Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in the theater but oh well. I read the manga and I'll watch it whenever it comes to Crunchyroll or wherever.
I was into Naruto when I was in HS but I dropped it around ep 200 cause even as a teen I got annoyed at all the filler. XD I still haven't watched Gurren Lagaan or Inu Yasha. I finally got around to watching FMA Brotherhood last year, though I used to read the manga and saw the original anime. Definitely awesome, and nice to see the ending cause I don't think I have the final volumes of the manga.

@pashminapanda: Yeah, sometimes I hear/see teens talking to eachother and I feel like a confused old person lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 01:15:17 )
@totalanimefan: Yep! The first song I heard by her was Put 'Em Up but it was around Queen of Hip-Pop and Play that I got really into her. I've always loved the WoWa PV and remember when I was younger being jealous of her hair in a lot of her videos cause it always looked perfect, lol. And IIRC the Queen of Hip-Pop CD came with Pink Panther stickers and a poster, which was cute. I like Past < Future a lot too. I'm not as familiar with her albums after Uncontrolled but I think I have them on my PC. I saw a while back that her discography's on Spotify too, which is awesome.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 02:37:31 )
@Starry: Oh yeah, I forgot about finding random barf around the house. =n=; Definitely don't want more of that.

So sorry the shows got cancelled on you. That's one of my regrets in life, was I never got to see Linkin Park live, and the loss of Chester really hurts still. Honestly that band was kinda like my gateway band to getting me into rock, because I didn't really appreciate the older rock, and I'm in my early 30s.

As much as I love MHA, I have to rewatch the series because I've only watched it once. xD Katsuki Bakugo is my favorite, and I'm hoping to go see his English voice actor at a con in a couple months! Mugen Train was sooo good, as well as the series for it. JJK0 was really good in theaters as well. I'd just managed to rewatch the series before seeing that movie, but I feel like you wouldn't necessarily need to finish the series to be in the loop with the movie. I don't blame you when it comes to Naruto. xD Definitely too many fillers, but one day I'll rewatch the series sans fillers since there are guides for episodes that aren't fillers. I know Gurren Lagaan can be hard for some to get used to if they're not into older animation style and/or mecha, and honestly normally I'm not much into either of those, but an ex of mine got me to watch the first episode with him on a date and I got hooked haha. There's a couple characters in there that will always be my favorite of all anime characters. As for FMA, I'll rewatch that series as well someday since there's a lot I've forgotten. It's easy for me to forget some things when it feels like I've watched a lot! Have you been to any cons?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 22:39:18 )
@totalanimefan: She really is beautiful! I have all her CDs up to Past < Future as well as a random issue of S Cawaii that I bought cause she's on the cover. XD That's too bad you didn't get the tickets, it would've been so fun to see her live. That's awesome her songs helped you learn Japanese. I never learned much when I tried to teach myself before, but I taught myself how to read katakana and hiragana years ago for the sole purpose of downloading stuff off WinMX, since most users there were Japanese. But actually learning the grammar + kanji is another thing entirely lol. I did appreciate how strong and independent she was amongst all the cutesy idol groups (even though I listen to a lot of them, hahaha), and I wasn't as into the music of the other diva solo female singers at the time like Ayu or Hikki as much as I liked Namie's music

That's a long time to be out of the media... hopefully she's just enjoying living a quiet and peaceful life.

@aisukohi: Linkin Park was my favorite band when I was 13 and one of my gateway bands into modern rock, but my parents wouldn't take me to concerts when I was younger so I never got to see them. I did see Chester when he was fronting Stone Temple Pilots, and I was in the front row and he sat on the rail right next to me and shook my hand during the song. Still, I would've loved to have seen LP.

That's pretty awesome; I watched the first few seasons of MHA in English and the last couple in Japanese. I like Todoroki and Tsuyu. :)
I've seen Gurren Lagaan referenced a lot, and I think it's on Netflix so I definitely plan to check it out one of these days. I don't think the animation style looks bad, but I do see a lot of people that hate older anime styles so I guess that's understandable. I have the same problem of forgetting stuff I've watched too. One of the reasons I prefer watching series that are already completed, otherwise I tend to forget what's happened between seasons, lol!

I haven't been to any of the main anime cons, but when I lived in the SF Bay area I went to the local J-pop Summit Festival a couple times. Though I wasn't watching any recent anime at the time and mostly went for the J-pop music performances and for the other general Japanese culture things. XD I went to my local anime/comic con where I live now a few years ago, but it was small and kind of boring because I wasn't interested in any of the guests. I'd like to go to a larger one one day, but I don't drive so that's kind of an issue since the ones outside of my city are even farther away.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 23:14:04 )
@Starry: Aww, that's nice you got to meet Chester and have that experience with him. <3 I didn't go to my first concert until I was 21, not because I didn't want to go to concerts before then, but just never thought to ask I guess? My first concert was amazingly enough at my university's campus (not sure how they pulled that off), but it was with Cobra Starship lol.

I like Todoroki and Tsuyu as well, and have had the pleasure of meeting Tsuyu's English voice actor, Monica Rial, AND got called 'Froppy' by the English voice actor for All Might, Christopher Sabat. <3 That last part happened when I started asking a question directed at him and Justin Briner (Midoriya voice actor) during a panel at MegaCon in Orlando earlier this year. I prefer watching completed series as well, but newer stuff is great too because I like the new ideas brought to the anime world.

A J-pop festival sounds fun, although I'd be lost when it comes to relevant artists. xD I don't drive either, but luckily I have family who does and loves going to cons. ^^; I hope you're able to enjoy some larger cons someday! The biggest one I've been to so far was a 4-day event, but I only got to go for 2 days. It was suuuuper exhausting, but also hella fun! I love going for the voice artist panels and of course the artist alleys, because I love buying art. Recently bought a binder to stick most of our pieces in, at least until we get a house where we can hang some of it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/14 22:14:57 )
@aisukohi: I didn't go to my first concert till I was 23. My parents didn't like the bands I listened to at the time.That's pretty convenient that your university's campus had concerts! I've heard of that band but I dunno any songs by them.

Aww, that sounds like a fun experience! I'm bad with names so I'm not familiar with too many VAs, neither English or Japanese. Sometimes a voice will sound familiar and I'll look up the name and be like 'oh, they also voiced ___" so that's where I've heard them before. I think some of the MHA VAs came to a local con here that was a few months ago, but I didn't have a ride. I used to go with my friend, but she has a toddler now so she doesn't have much time anymore. I hope I can go to a big one too one day, though a multi day once sounds exhausting to me too. XD I want to cosplay someday, because I never have before. The little con here that I did go to, I bought a couple art prints from a woman who did really nice watercolor artworks; I got a couple little Pokemon art prints, one with Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar and one with Vulpix & Ninetails. I like looking at the art at cons a lot too. :) I wish I had bought some more because my walls are pretty bare and in need of some art.

@totalanimefan: True, I'm sure she was since she's so fashionable. Shame I can't read Japanese, but since it's a fashion mag there's plenty of fun pics to look at at least, lol.

Oh cool! I lived in the North Bay for a few years, but I moved back to CO where I'm originally from.

Yeah, it's definitely way different from English, the way a kanji can be read different ways depending on what it's combined with, and trying to remember all the strokes. I can recognize some of the more common and simple ones, plus I can recognize the names of my favorite artists such as Namie, but that's about it. Nowadays there's translation apps anyway, so if I do ever get to go to Japan, hopefully I can rely on those a little bit.

Ayu was one of the first Jpop artists I heard, and I like some of her songs but I think part of it is I don't like her voice that much. XD Utada has some songs I like, and they have a great voice, but I just never got too into their music style I guess. I have always liked Traveling, Colors and Wait & See though! And Utada was also one of the first Jpop artists I heard; I remember I heard a Kingdom Hearts CM on TV and Simple and Clean was the bg song, so I looked it up to download. I think they have a lot of English fans who got into them from that game. That's awesome that they're still making music and living in London. :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/15 23:58:29 )
@Starry: Glad you've at least been to a concert! Who did you see for your first one? Yeah it was crazy to think my university would host some of the most popular artists at the time, but I don't think they do it anymore. I'd say Cobra Starship was more popular in the late 2000s/early 2010s, but I think they've stopped making music, or at least I haven't heard anything recent from them.

To be honest, I'm not familiar with a ton of VA names either, and had to look up some of the ones I just used lol. The reason I remember Monica Rial is because I've somehow been able to see her 3 times at 3 different cons, and that wasn't even on purpose. xD She's just a really big name out there and is such a nice person! Yeah, it can be hard to go to cons with little ones, for sure. My boy is 4, but he's autistic and will only be entertained for so long before he starts acting up. One day I'd like to try cosplay with him, I was thinking I'd be Sophie and he could be Markle from Howl's Moving Castle since we both kinda look like those characters. <3 Do you have any ideas who you'd like to cosplay as? I've done Chihiro from Spirited Away and also Izumi (aka 'Teacher') from Full Metal Alchemist so far. Thinking of ideas for cosplay for the next couple cons I'm going to... Sounds like you got some nice art pieces! My guy loves the Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar combo, so he's always collecting pieces of those 3. Cubone is also one of his favorites as well as Sandshrew lol. I'm not much into Pokemon, but I have a few favorites from the first couple generations. Lost interest after that. ^^;
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.