Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 04:01:30 )
@Wildfire: Wishlists are definitely a pain to keep track of, especially when I want so many things in so many different colours, and some of the colours will be shared between characters but some won't xD

Spreadsheets have always worked really nicely for keeping me organized, I actually find them easier to deal with than a thread xD I almost wish I could just link and be like "here's my spreadsheet", but it's tricky to do without everyone suddenly being able to edit it and bleh.

I'm wondering whether I should get everything up to date in the spreadsheet and then go back and edit the thread to match, rather than trying to keep the spreadsheet matching the thread xD
Or another option would be to just update the thread with the volt totals for each character

Or I guess I could also just not have the commons listed in the quest thread, and only worry about the crate, orb, and event items?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 13:21:18 )
@Totalanimefan: That sucks about the heart rate, but yeah - I've heard/seen/read that it's a thing now -some side effect of the virus or the shots or something- ... especially in younger people. Can I ask what this new, higher resting heart rate for you is? I'm curious... but please don't feel pressured in to telling me - it's part of you personal medical situation/history :3 I've had friends who have had to wear heart monitors like that - it's a bit weird and a little uncomfortable, but it's do-able, from what I understand. How long have you had it on already? I hope it isn't going to complicate the wedding for you.

Crunch time for school. I'm kind of surprised that you haven't finished it yet at the rate you were flying through the classes... but you knew this was a possibility. Are your current classes going well at least?

Me... hmmm... let's see... my youngest has started his classes at college this week and is trying to get his vehicle fixed (and hasn't, which means that I'm his chauffeur atm for these 8am classes three towns away, because I'm not trusting him with my slightly wonky, much-different from what he's used to driving car... and because of what he's done to his last couple trucks). My other son just started technical school. The dog is in a cone from a surgery to remove a growth on his toe... and he popped the stitches... and we've got to do daily bandage changes ... and that's just all kinds of fun (but honestly, it could be worse - he's doing pretty well with it all, but still...). My garden is ... I'm not sure. Something came through and ate the leaves from most of my plants - at least twice now! and it's hot and rainy and ...
I don't know - there's a lot going on and it seems like nothing is getting done and ... blergh.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 13:26:09 )
@Another Movie Addict: again, huh? uht-oh. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. :(

@Alchemists Fire: Hey- if the spreadsheet thing works for you, it works! Personally, I would keep the spreadsheet as the "main list" and make the thread reflects my goals based from the spreadsheet... and I wouldn't bother putting common items in the thread at all. If you're building specific characters, then a total price for each character seems a reasonable addition to have -but in the spreadsheet, not in the thread, and I would probably just list all the orb or crate or event items in the thread, without any mention of the specific characters you're trying to create... but that's just me. :3 It sounds like you have quite a bit on that wishlist of yours!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 14:28:15 )
@Wildfire: Yeah this is my second time with the beast. This time though it's been rough.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 16:36:18 )
@Another Movie Addict: It's harder on you this time around than the first? That's a bit unusual... the virus is getting weaker, overall, as it mutates...
Regardless, I'm sorry to hear it and hope you feel better soon! :3 Think you picked it up at the Con, or at work, or...??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 16:50:48 )
I picked it up at the con. But I also overworked my body while being sick, not realizing I had covid. Took two tests and got false negatives. So I went to work, and that was a very bad idea.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:01:08 )
@Another Movie Addict: So work was the final straw...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:02:43 )
Yep. I pushed myself too hard, and not it's taking longer to get better.

TwT my poor throat has been ripped to shreds from the coughing.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:08:29 )
honeyed tea should help with the throat, but yeah...I feel ya. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:10:03 )
I just need to be better by Saturday, because of plans I made weeks ago.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:13:35 )
How are you feeling - like you might be done with this by then?
What plans do you have for Saturday?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:14:39 )
I should be full recovered by Saturday, maybe not my poor throat.
Friends and I got VIP tickets to a drag show. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:24:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: lol - you'll want your throat to be feeling better for that!

@Totalanimefan: lol - yes, I'd still consider you "young" :3 XD That's quite a spike, tbh... I hope the monitor gets some good data for you - things your physician can use to help. You're not the first one I've heard of who's experiencing something like that lately... including a few teenagers.

Yeah, my garden keeps going from dry as a bone to utterly swamped. There's very little in-between. And there's something out there eating my leaves... but it's hard to do anything about it when you never know whether or not the typical Florida torrential rains are going to come by and wash away whatever you've put on or around the plants to help get rid of the things eating your veggies!!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:31:32 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, maybe I should remove the commons from the thread and just do them in the spreadsheet, way easier to update
And then just do the orb, crate, and event items in the thread - those don't need the specific characters mentioned ^^

There's a link to my quest thread in my signature if you're curious, lol, it's pretty bonkers since I'm trying to catch up on stuff from the beginning of the site being around xDDD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:41:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... I could try putting up netting but ... HOA... and although they're not horrible, I don't want to push them too much either. Fortunately, we've had enough rain now (once the rainy season started) that it's not quite "desert" to "swamp" extremes, but sometimes it kinda feels like it, and it's enough that I'm not sure my plants know quite what to do XD

@Alchemists Fire: lol... there's something to be said for "simple" :3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 18:43:46 )
@Wildfire: Haha, there is definitely something to be said for simple xD

Also I apologize if I disappear and don't reply for the next couple of days, my boyfriend's coming up to visit!!
He won't be here until later today, so I have a few hours of posting, but I'll be away starting tonight and will likely be back on Saturday (he's gotta leave and I'm working from home, so makes it easy to post haha)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:21:05 )
@Alchemists Fire: Everyone comes and goes around here, so don't worry about that... but YAY! Boyfriend visit!! <3 Do you guys have any plans - places to go, things to do- for while he's visiting??

@Totalanimefan: LOL... I'd rather deal with this HOA than have neighbors turning their front yard in to makeshift auto repair centers and working with their machines through the night :3 [true story]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:26:42 )
@Totalanimefan: ... which is why we chose to live in a "basic" HOA. It's not a completely over-the-top one, but it does stop folks from parking on their lawns XD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:30:24 )
@Wildfire: Kay, I just didn't want there to be any concern when I suddenly don't reply for days in a row xD I've been trying to make a point of spending at least a little time on Voltra every day ^^

It's a short trip, just like 4 days, so no huge plans. We do have a few places we go pretty regularly when he's up here though ^^
He collects Transformers and has started buying 6" action figures for toy photography, so there's a bunch of toy & collectable stores we go and check out.
I'm hoping to go swimming one day, 'cause it's been pretty hot and I miss swimming so much (haven't gone since before the pandemic), and

I'm also hoping to drag him out to a bubble tea place that's kinda far away (but it's not all that far beyond one of the collectables stores), 'cause they're really good and they're the only place I know where you can buy a LITRE of bubble tea xDDDD

Currently dressed as: Grey

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 19:57:06 )
@Alchemists Fire: I appreciate the consideration, and I completely understand <3

It sounds like you have a few fun ideas in mind, but nothing particularly planned. This can be a good thing! A litre of bubble tea?? EEp?!! Holy cow that's a lot of bubble tea at one go!! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.