Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Late Night No Sleep..

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/22 14:20:35 )
@Ruby: I was at work, with a patient and their mobility I was told was x1, however upon lifting her up I could tell she was more x2,x3. So the extra force and me pulling caused something to happen in my back. My lower back was on fire, my whole back was stiff and felt like it was gling to gove out on me everytime i bent, and standing became almost unbearable. After that I worked all weekend and it just got worse as the time went. So I went to the doctor and now I'm modified for 8-12 weeks and physio twice a week. It's worth it, progress in any form is something.

That's crazy! So you and I know first hand kind of what each of us is feeling. It's not fun at all. I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better!

Hahah I have a hard time online, in person I'll talk to anyone usually, xD I don't know what it is about online..I'm so reserved 😅

I love being a healthcare worker, but yes the ling hours on your feet are deffinetly not idea, but I love taking care of people. I think the hardest part is when someone passes. They say don't get attached and stuff but some patients are with us for months you know? And I'm human so of course it gets to me. I've been for only a year, so maybe once it's been 10 years it won't bother me as much xD like the other seasoned ladies I work with. Lol

I love painting, working on my cricuit, making my voodoo dolls, playing board games or cards, oh I'm a movie person too, I have a huge collection, I can't even fit them all on my wall anymore lol but now with Netflix and such, my collection has become antique xD

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 23:31:36 )
@Mandy Amour: whoops sorry for the late reply! I started to and then got busy with something else and forgot I hadn’t posted it OTL

oof that sounds painful >.< I’m glad the PT is helping <3

Isn’t that interesting! I love how we’re the opposite on that haha it’s a perfect match really, that way there’s always a confident one to help out the other! xD

Idk, I think having 10+ years of it would definitely make an impact, but I know at least for me I’d still have a hard time when good people passed. It just might not affect me for as long, depending on the case of course. It’s life, but that doesn’t make it any easier. It just means you’re a caring person and that’s not a bad thing <3

Crafts games and movies?! Hell yeah sounds like my kinda party! Don’t worry I have lots of dvds too and still buy new ones constantly lol
Netflix/streaming services are great and all, but what happens when they take your favorite things away and/or you lose internet connection?! As long as you still have power, DVDs are there!
I like things being digital but I also like to have a hard copy/backup of things.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 00:39:49 )
@Ruby: No need to apologize honestly, I get busy with work to some days and just can't make it on so we are good, I am understanding on that note lol
Yeah PT has been helping, its been a very slow process but I also understand if I rush it I could do more damage than before and it hurt bad enough the first time so I'm not interested in going back after everything so far lol

well you know what they say though, opposites attract for a reason! haha

I guess that's true, I mean despite being around it more often and for longer at the end of the day we are human, when we take care of someone for a few weeks, and even months on some occasions it's hard not to get to know them and start building a connecting and a bond. I agree with you there, I think we learn better how to cope as time passes, not maybe that it gets easier, I think it doesn't take us as long to come to terms with it because we know in most cases, they aren't in pain anymore, no suffering, and finding some peace in that helps.

Yeah I am all about the hard copy of things, you are right, and not just that either, there are times when maybe you can't afford it, or they just don't have what your looking for, for example, Disney and Netflix, you won't either of those on each other's sites, so you have to have like 2-4 sites just to be able to stream what you wanna watch, at least with the DVDs I have them all at my fingertips whenever I feel like watching them and I don't have to worry if it's still available or finding which one it's located on lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.