Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Creative Endeavours [Hangout for all]

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:47:31 )

@Mandy Amour: This thread usually is pretty quiet. XD
An yeah, the site is dark for the blackout event =)

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:49:47 )
@Lady Luna: Was just reading all that actually, kind of a neat idea actually. Super different though lol it took me a few minutes to adjust my eyes and to check and see if there was something wrong with my laptop lol. Is it? pfft this should be the busiest thread what with all the artists we have on this site. In time I guess most people are still finding their ways back after the minor break

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:51:37 )

@Mandy Amour: It really is. Workin' the whole downtime into an event is awesome~<3

But yeah. You'd think a creative place would be buzzin', but eh. It's not, and I'm not really all heartbroken about that. It means that I can chat with people who DO stop by a lot easier XD

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:55:15 )
@Lady Luna: Yes this is very true. Im not the greatest at keeping several conversations alive at once. I usually lurk more than anything while Im doing other things but I figured since its testing mode again for a bit posting is probably better to see if everything's working haha. Its nice having a few people since that way your conversations can be a lot more in depth too. So happy this place is back though. I had to go back to Gaia for a bit and I cant stand that site anymore but I needed something for a distraction and crysandrea and Ernya both left.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:56:20 )
@mandy amour: hi and welcome !!! :D

things are fine enough, just frustrated w/ quality of art lately

@lady luna: i do appreciate that ;w; sadly it's just translating my sketchwork to a finished piece in a way i like
i'm usually pretty fine with my sketches, like the Azazel from the other day: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWX0_OgWsAAvqCj.jpg

but then digital lines just make me want to die:https://i.imgur.com/FsMvkJr.png THIS TOOK ME THREE HOURS AND I STILL HATE IT LOL

i might try doing something more like this wiht my digital work:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT7EuwmUQAA55zL.jpg

but i need more time to calm down and try again

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:58:45 )
@Addy: Oh? How so? Are you meaning your own art quality or just in general on these sites?

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 03:59:27 )
@mandy amour: i mean my own art ahaha sorry !! artists are always super self-critical and i've been having the hardest time producing much of anything as a result

also i hecked up the imgur link in my last post: https://i.imgur.com/FsMvkJr.png

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:01:26 )

@Mandy Amour: LOL. Yeah, I'm not the most socia person, so having a small area is best for me. BUT it would be nice if there were more people here. If only just because of the fact that it would mean that people could talk amongst themselves =)

And ew. Gaia. DX
I have an account on there, but... ehhhhhhh
I dun really care, to be honest.
That place is just... a mess, really.

@Addy: Inking... suuuuuucks
It really does, but depending on how you do it all, you can manage to find a way to do it that works for you. It takes trial and error.

I mean look at the darlin' sweetheart Crim. She colours sketches.
Keep your sketches clean and you can just do the same, really. EVEN on traditional work.

Beyond that though, Do NOT be a perfectionist. That'll make you take ages. If you have a tablet and pen, keep your pressure one to simulate more natural strokes, and it really can help.

If you have a hard time with keep lines clean, stabilizers are your best friend. I THINK all programs have a stabilizer of some sort. I mean I KNOW Sai does, as does Clip Studio Paint/Manga Studio. I wouldn't be surprised if Photoshop does, and I bet others do too.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:02:55 )
@Addy: Oh Okay. I never like to assume so I decided I would ask haha. I always find what helps me when I get feeling like that is picking something new and giving it a shot. Focusing as hard as I can on it and then when I come back to the one giving me a headache I feel like its almost like a reboot since I spent so much time concentrating on something new lol might work maybe?

@Lady Luna: Yeah I get what you mean there..they destroyed that site with all the items they re-released and the rigs they sent out almost daily. The inflation on there is insane. I log in just to keep my account but thats about it. Ive always thought about taking my now trillions and donating to users who actually still care about it all lol
Yeah more people would be nice but not too many..Once it gets too crowded I go back into hiding haha

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:04:49 )
@lady luna: thank you ;w; and yeah, digital inking is what's ruining me

i even bought a new screen protector for my tablet and it's still not really helping. i may do the coloring sketches thing; i've been researching other professional artists who do more traditional lines and stuff too (i'm not sure who Crim is tho D: )

I just downloaded Clip Studio Paint and have been messing with the stabilization but i still haven't found a setting yet ;w; but i'll keep trying, i just need a break

and more fundamentals

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:06:39 )

@Addy: Oh geez. I can help you out to the end of the world with Clip
It's my program of choice for digital media~<3

Also, Crim?
I'm talking about CrimsonQueen97

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:11:23 )
Ive been working on some of my Voodoo Dolls. Not as many as of late and its mostly because I get so annoyed with them.
I want them to be dark but cute and sometimes I feel like the cute comes out more than it should. Oh well..I guess thats not a bad thing always haha

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:14:41 )

@Mandy Amour: how much do you charge??????????

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:19:11 )
@mandy amour: thank you ;w; it's mostly that i can't do -anything- i'm liking and i keep starting over on new stuff ahahah

that's why i think i need a break
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:20:07 )
@Lady Luna: I dont charge for them unless I open my shop and take orders. Sometimes I just like an avatar and do it for someone because I can and It keeps me busy for a few hours while I have fun lol. Im hoping this weekend to have some time to do at least one on here. Ill do more eventually once I get more comfortable in the community. I feel like a fish out of water here and that makes it hard to put myself out there with my art too. If I do one this weekend Id love to do your Avatar if youd like. I cant promise it will be done this weekend but I will get it finished in a decent amount of time.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:21:25 )

@Mandy Amour: I will totally tip you with something in exchange! Or I'll do a trade? I dunno. Lol. Whichever you would prefer. =)

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:24:30 )
@Lady Luna: I love art just as much as everyone else, its your call my dear if you have the time That would be awesome and if not thats okay I can catch you another time. Im pretty laid back for that stuff lol I just like how excited people get when they get the art. :p The excitement is payment enough its like a kid at Christmas lol and ou would officially be the first one to have one of my voodoos on this site xD most are from gaia and a few other sites. Which is why I keep them, for the art lol

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:26:27 )

@Mandy Amour: your voodoo dolls are freaking over the top adorable.
If I had 1ok for it, I'd totally pay ya that much for one!
If you ever do open a shop, lemme know!

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:30:17 )
@Lady Luna: Aww thank you love. I love that people enjoy them so much. I think its because they are so different then most people. Usually people go towards "chibi" for cute and adorable and I love the voodoo dolls because they offer the cute with a little bit of dark lol. I do have one on here, its only open for chatting right now while I get it all ready to go. It died before the blackout though so I want to redo some of the graphics and such and make it a lot nicer before I open it for orders officially. Thats the other thing, pricing part is a pain in the arse. Its so hard to know what people would pay and people dont want to hurt peoples feelings either so really its such a song and dance lol

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/23 04:32:26 )

@Mandy Amour: I know it is hard to price, but try a PWYW style shop?
It seems to be a common way to do it.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.