Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Florida Shooter Suspect Gets Piles of Fan Mail

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 18:12:18 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

The suspect in the Florida high school shooting that killed 17 is getting letters of support in jail including fan mail and pictures of scantily-clad women in addition to hundreds of dollars in contributions to his commissary account.
Rest: http://time.com/5220439/florida-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-fan-mail/

Postmarked from all over the United States and Europe, they are from women, girls and grown men. Some are handwritten, others are typed. They are written on college-ruled notebook paper and in fancy greeting cards with cartoons. Some are stuffed with sexually suggestive photos of women and teens in lingerie.
There's even a handwritten note from a Girl Scout troop in New Jersey, signed by more than a dozen girls. "May God Forgive," they wrote.
Rest: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/29/us/nikolas-cruz-prison-fan-mail-trnd/index.html

There is also a hastag called #NikolasNeedsOurHelp and a private facebook group with hundreds of members.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 18:31:39 )
Why? Some people may be sympathetic to how Cruz has been portrayed -- as a person with a lot of difficulties -- said Dr. Robi Ludwig, a psychotherapist and commentator.

"There are some people who are more codependent in terms of mindset that think, 'Oh, this poor soul. I can fix him. I can be important in his life,'" she said.

True tho.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 22:25:59 )
@okios: Wow those people think so highly of themselves. It's a grandiose delusion at best.
Ping me

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 19:00:09 )
That's really wild. People are so weird.
previously keef with a k

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 15:10:13 )
It's messed up but it's no different than serial killers receiving fan mail. Some of them have even gotten married upon release to people that have sent them mail... People are drawn to others in questionable ways. There are for sure folks who idolize and wish to emmulate him. Maybe they've even trying to live vicariously through him by becoming involved in a way. Who knows. It's messed up.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.