Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Creative Endeavours [Hangout for all]

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 08:48:15 )

@Addy: Fair enough!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 04:25:05 )
@lady luna: ahh lookin good! :D very nice and I like the outline you added, too

Also, by sheer coincidence, my mom sent me a care package and packed my Prismacolor pencils?!?! ARE YOU READING THIS MOM

(it'd be super weird since i've never once mentioned Voltra / it was something i discovered well after moving out)

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 17:25:03 )

@Addy: Lol!
Prismacolour pencils are awesome, but I find you gotta pair 'em up with another brand. They are too damned waxy for me.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 18:50:55 )
Wow I've learned so much just from reading this last page. I've mostly just used pencils and markers but I'm trying to study art ~properly~ and learn new mediums. Love how those sunflowers turned out!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 18:53:04 )

@keef: Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the flowers too =)
especialyl considering I had no idea what the hell I was doing while drawing them

And yeah, you'll likely get a bunch of random information from this thread. XD It's an artsy hangout, so artsy people will likely talk about their media more. XD
Y'know... that just makes sense... > >

And you're tryin' to branch out? GOOD! Can't say that X medium is your fave without tryin' the others. XD
What pencil crayons and markers do you usually use? =)

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 18:57:25 )
Really nothing fancy. I just have some mechanical pencils and some sharpies. I also have some colored pencils from Walmart that I use every now and again. I haven't had a lot of money to spend on stuff so it's been pretty limited. Right now I'm trying to learn digital art via Fire Alpaca and an ancient Wacom tablet lol

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 19:01:42 )

Mechanical pencils are win. I use one too. XD
They don't shade for shit though, sadly. At least not how I like to shade.

If you wanted to get a cheap pencil set, walmart has Steadtler pencil packs. I think you can get a pack of a couple diff hardnesses (6, I think) for under $5. They help if you want to try soft shading via traditional means.

Pencil crayons, crayola is brilliant. You can layer them to the end of the earth and b ack - or so I've heard. I haven't used for years myself. (I do plan on getting more soon though).

And art supplies are stupidly expensive sometimes. DX

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 19:28:55 )
That's really cool about layering with pencil crayons. I'll have to try that out. And yeah in the past I've had those cheap packs of different pencils but never learned to use them right. I'll have to get a new set sometime.

I'd like to go to art school properly and use student loans to buy all that nice, expensive stuff in the name of school ahahaha.
previously keef with a k

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 19:30:40 )

Lol. The only issue with doing that though, is that an art degree really doesn't do you much good. It's far more limiting than say something regarding tech. Lol.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 21:31:35 )
@lady luna: I'll try to mix em with my Crayolas and see what happens :O

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 00:28:20 )

@Addy: May turn out brilliant!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:26:50 )
@lady luna: mayhaps! I'm not super great with 'em but I'll try them again once I'm back on Monday :o

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:30:13 )

@Addy: You'll never be better if you don't try =)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:31:39 )
@lady luna: exactly B3

my focus has been more on digital but traditional lines. time to try a lil' more traditional!

..soon, anyway hahah

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:32:49 )

@Addy: No reason not to =)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:34:55 )
@lady luna: time is my biggest constraint ahah

i'm actually going to be selling at a convention this weekend! :o I leave tomorrow evening (flight's at 5 am so getting to the airport's gonna be a pain, sooo i'm just going super early/the night before). No room to pack 'em but when I get back I'll try some doodlies with pencils.

I did a couple but I stupidly didn't take any pics of what I did before mailing them to the commissioner ;w;

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:44:51 )

@Addy: Ohhhh
Have fun at the con!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 01:54:54 )
@lady luna: I HOPE TO

for now i am going to eat tacos -w- b
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 02:14:00 )

@Addy: Tacos are yummy

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:49:16 )

That feeling when you wanna finish something you owe someone.... but they aren't answerin' a pretty crucial question for the colours. DX
//dies

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.