Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Where are my trans?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 10:17:54 )

@Eruca: it isn't off tracks. All these things are what comes with it to be trans.

You can never stop taking the hormones. You need to do that for the rest of your life, whether it's injection, creams or whatever.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 11:23:27 )
@miss kitty: Yeah that's the problem, If not old enough or able to support yourself, An asshole "parent" can disown you and could end up homeless :(
Reasons that LGBT represent 7% of the youth population but up to 40% of the homeless youth population, there are some very very devout people out there and would HIGHLY advise being careful when coming out.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 01:21:41 )
I'm not personally trans, but I have a couple trans friends IRL. I support you all and hope you're able to be yourself and live the life you deserve to live! <3 Nobody else can put you in a box and tell you who to be or how to live.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 03:20:11 )
@Tuijp: Yeah I guess people don't just go around telling you not to disown your parents up in any old thread.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:22:16 )
My two cents on "you don't need anything to prove yourself/you don't need to transition to be trans" -- while that's technically true, I think a lot of environmental and cultural aspects play a role so it's not as simple as that. For me, it's less about proving myself and more about creating a body that I'm able to live in, because right now I'd almost rather die I find it hard to inhabit my current body, especially with how other people treat me based on how I look. I do feel like I need to prove to myself that I'm a man somehow, while also accepting the parts I can't change. If that makes sense?

And on the parental thing, I don't plan to disown any family but I'm sure a number of them will disown me. I'll always leave that door open for them to come back though. I waited until I was financially independent before coming out as queer (officially I'm still a butch lesbian) and I'm glad I did, because my mother didn't take it well and has halfway disowned me for it. I expect her to stop talking to me when I say I'm trans (we have a lot of problems though; she's also disowned by cisgender hetero brothers because she doesn't agree with their choices).

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:25:26 )

I thought this said trains.
I'll just see myself out.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:31:24 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Me too :(

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:32:34 )

@Panda: So does that mean we're secretly trains since we were drawn here under the same delusion?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:34:57 )

@Anarchist Beauty: GURL! We thought this was The Hogwarts Express.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:37:24 )

@Panda: Perfectly understandable mistake.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 08:41:02 )

@Eruca: they do in/to the trans community.
@Anarchist Beauty: choo choo! All aboard the love train!

@Panda: no wonder they're looking for it. It isn't September 1st yet.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 15:13:25 )
@Anarchist Beauty:
@Panda:
Lmao when i made this thread I was like "someone's gonna come here looking for trains and be really sad"
previously keef with a k

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 15:19:49 )
@Tuijp: how is it any of their business how you manage your relationship with your family? :|

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:00:02 )

@Eruca: for some reason, a lot of people think how the lgbt+ community lives their lifes is their business

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:15:42 )
@Eruca: I believe it was just a warning of how things might go wrong when you tell your family. Some people might be too young or inexperienced to expect that kind of consequence. Nobody wants more homeless kids on the streets. From my view the intention was not really being nosy, just advising caution from a person who cares and maybe has some personal experience on the issue. In my opinion it is still on topic.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:31:13 )
@Tuijp: Maybe you disagree, but I don't think that's a problem unique to LGBTQ+ community. The only privilege I'm missing is being a middle-class white male and people butt in on my life all the time too. I think that people's regular go-to advice is more glaringly problematic for the LGBTQ+ community.

@Saeyra: I acknowledge that advice givers probably have good intentions. It just bugs me when people assume they know better than you, when they hardly know diddly squat about you.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:37:37 )

@Tuijp: All aboard your local "I Support Trans" train.
Alternatively there's the "What The Hell Do You Think The 'T' In LGBT+ Stands For?" train.
Because some people seem to forget everything but the G, and even then only if the G is a cute lil cis white boy.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:40:26 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I thought T in LGBTQ+ was for was for spilling. :D
Ping me

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:42:25 )

@Eruca: I think it might be 'toadstools'.
Not sure.
Hard to tell.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 16:44:14 )
@Eruca: This is an avvie site, personal information is not exactly common knowledge, advice givers do their best with what they have been given. It is showing support when they care enough to post about the issue.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.