Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Wonderland Ch. 10 Rose Garden

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 18:58:51 )
@Dipper: Aww I feel that, I wanted to be an author too. But I'm way too insecure to share my work with anyone anymore so that's not happening xD What's that course about though? It sounds interesting! lol pls indulge me I miss college so bad

Voltie — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:03:43 )
@Theory: lol well I'm studying English literature welp like....like high school but rip no creative writing involved lol I'm an idiot
And Psychology well...we're doing social psychology this semester. Next semester will be developmental psychology and something about personality lol
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:10:40 )

@Totalanimefan: because I wanted to play lol

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:13:17 )
@Dipper: Ohhh I though English and Psychology was the name of one course xD I get what you mean about studying literature haha. I probably should have taken it more seriously in high school, since it probably would have made me a better writer, but I just couldn't bring myself to read books that didn't interest me. Now I don't read books at all. Why do I still like writing? lol
Psych is neat though! I minored in psych. Didn't take many social/behavioral psych classes though; I was more into the neurobiology of it. I did take dev psych when I was planning to be a teacher though! That was probably my favorite class out of the curriculum for a teaching major!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:15:05 )

I wanted to be a writer myself. I do love making up the different characters and realms. But I have no resolve when it comes to sitting down to actually write it all out as a novel.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:16:22 )
@dragoness129: Haha same, I spend way more time building the world and the characters than I do actually writing a story. I'm trying to break that habit but it's not easy.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:16:39 )

I'm an aspiring writer myself, I've dabbled in fanfiction but I'm such a perfectionist with a muse that does half-jobs that I tend to be ADDish in my writing.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:18:52 )
@Angelus: Perfectionism is huge problem for me too (and not just in writing). I get so wrapped up in details, it's hard to tell myself "just push though, you can fix it later."

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:19:25 )

@Theory: Precisely.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:24:46 )

Yeah, even the best writers can have some errors in time frames of things. Sometimes things don't always make sense.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:33:28 )
Ooooh, card games, you say?
I'm not sure I'll be present for the next game, as I have some running around to do today, but I do hope I can. If I'm not, I'll wish everyone good luck now.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:33:37 )
Mhm. A lot of the time I'll notice my character does something that they seemingly have no motive for doing, and instead of just going along with it, I stop and agonize over whether I have to change the character's personality and back story so their action makes sense or have them not take that action at all but then I have to figure out some other way to get to the conclusion I want, and either way it usually results in a lot of rewriting. I might be better off just working around those little issues and fixing them at the end.
Sean, 25, they/them

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:35:19 )

Theory -nods- Yeah. If something stands out as odd, just gotta fix it. I think that's a writer thing.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:35:43 )

@Theory: I've got problems like that as well but before I've even written the idea.

For example, lets say I want I want my character who lives in Texas to end up in New York for a particular NY exclusive experience. But I'll be at a total loss of how to write them there.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:36:34 )
oh im late to the party again, rip
hi everyone, is this still going? o:

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:37:07 )

@Siron: It is, it's just intermission.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:37:15 )

Yep, we are just on a break for fine tuning.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:39:04 )

Hmm, there's still Round 2 in Round 1's slot.
I know I keep mentioning it, I just don't want anyone to forget to fix this.
Sorry.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:40:39 )
hmm ill read up on this in a minute i suppose ;o;

also is it normal we don't have yesterday's EI item yet (if you participated? o:)
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 19:40:44 )

@dragoness129: The error in our last hand that shows us as having lost also needs to be fixed.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.