Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The sanctuary

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:08:55 )

@Another Movie Addict: I know what you mean. I've gotten quite a bit of backlash because I ship Cordelia/Angel exclusively. I borderline hate Angel/Buffy and found Spike/Buffy incredibly sick considering he'd built a robot of her to screw and nearly raped the real thing.
It's practically Stockholm syndrome and Angel/Buffy was statutory rape in the state of California!

I don't even see how Riley is comparable to either vampire. He was a rebound guy with unhealthy insecurity issues about Angel, who was the dumper and left the fucking city!

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:09:13 )

'Sup Uni

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:13:08 )

@Angelus: When it comes to shipping, it doesn't really have to make sense within cannon. And people get suuuuuuuuuuper serious about their ships. Me. Nah. All three relationships were unhealthy, in varying ways. >w> in the comics Buffy gets a girlfriend for all of an issue. Which really pisses off Willow. She also tried to get with Xander out of loneliness, except Xander was already with Dawn by that point. Really, writers are super mean to Buff's love life. It's that stupid ass hero trope, that hero's can't have stable and healthy relationships. Which is stupid.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:20:15 )

@Another Movie Addict:

They're cruel to Angel's love life as well.
Everyone got so pissed when Cordelia and Angel were implied strongly in season 3 of Angel, a he cheated on Buffy kinda pissed off despite Buffy having had other relationships that were liked by that time.

Don't get me started on what happened when he was just realizing that he'd fallen hard for Cordelia and then they just toss fucking Nina in right after Cordelia is dumped in a hospital bed and then again in the ground.

Ahem, sorry I'm getting a little sidetracked.

There was also the whole screwed up Darla BS in season 2 that resulted in Connor and
then his mojo sex with Eve in season 5.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:23:58 )

@Angelus: Back to that stupid trope, because you know things being stable is too boring. -w-

My favorite Buffy relationship never made it to the show. It was in the movie.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:28:06 )

@Another Movie Addict: Exactly, and Joss has even admitted that he screwed over all of Buffy's relationships because of that trope. I don't doubt that the same was applied to Angel.

It's the fan trope that Angel had to pine for Buffy for the rest of his existence while it was acceptable for Buffy to move on that pisses me off.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:28:55 )

That trope is basically the main reason people hated the romantic atmosphere developing in Cordelia and Angel's relationship.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:29:50 )

@Angelus: Honestly I didn't have the Cordy/Angel pairing, it made sense. But the rest of the plot got kinda of too stupid for me.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:30:56 )

Which plot?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:32:14 )

Most of anything to do with Connor and that divine being stuff.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:35:57 )

Ah yes.
I liked Connor while he was an infant.
It was after Groo showed up that it declined and got progressively more horrible for me.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:36:54 )

Yeah I bailed after the divine being, and never bothered to go back and binge the whole show.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:38:47 )

I bailed after season 4 and didn't watch season 5 until I'd had enough of not being able to understand the references made in forum discussions and once was enough. I was not impressed with the exception of 'You're Welcome' Cordy's farewell episode.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:40:10 )

Genre shows like that: Angel, Buffy, Charmed, just stopped being fun after certain points.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:43:04 )

Oh yeah, for me Charmed declined in season 6 with the whole Wyatt gimmick.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:45:03 )

Same. Did you think his evil form looked like a member of Nickleback to you too? Chris annoyed the crap out of me, and there is rumors that he was originally supposed to be the evil baby from Phoebe and Cole. But because Hollie Marie Cobbs got pregnant in real life, and to write around that they made Chris Wyatt's brother.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:52:49 )

@Another Movie Addict: Ha, that never occurred to me but evil adult Wyatt did kinda look like Chad Kruger.

As for Chris, I heard that was a popular fan theory before his identity was revealed, that he was Phoebe and Cole's unborn and that HMC really was pregnant during the Chris pregnancy but I'm actually glad it ended up the way it did.
I can't make sense of Phoebe and Cole's fetus having grown up considering it died before it was even born.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:53:56 )

Though the evil source child storyline would probably have been far more interesting.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:55:37 )

@Angelus: Him being evil though made all the evil shit he did when he showed up make way more sense though.
Dude Charmed had a lot of really great ideas that got squashed all because HMC and Melissa were producers. Which turned their characters into awful people.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:57:18 )

@Another Movie Addict: True that.
I'd have sacrificed the bit of nonsense behind the evil source child having grown up for a far better storyline than then evil Wyatt.
I mean the kid was cute of course but I really hate it when kids are glorified as gimmicks.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.