Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Other Con Goers Question

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 18:04:04 )

What is the best instant foods that do not require a microwave? Some stuff has come up and my food budget is gonna be kinda low, so I'm looking for things I can buy ahead of time instead like eating out when I'm there.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 18:14:56 )
@Another Movie Addict: I find that sandwhiches made prior to leaving is the best, wrap them in aluminum foil so they stay fresh. :vanora_smile: Its a hearty meal and keeps ya going for awhile. If you add fresh veggies it is also one of the healthiest choices!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 18:17:45 )

@Saeyra: I was planning to take bread, peanut butter, and small thing of jelly with me. Don't wanna trust lunch meat on that long of a car ride in Florida's hottest time of year.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:07:52 )
@Another Movie Addict: How about fried chicken sandwhiches? Those are tasty too :)

Always ping me please.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:18:18 )

@Saeyra: Might be able to do that.

@Totalanimefan: The hotel room does have a coffee maker, so I have access to hot water just not a microwave. I was thinking cup ramen and instant oatmeal.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:34:59 )

@Totalanimefan: I used to hate oatmeal, all of a sudden I seem to like it.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 02:44:49 )

I usually bring those meal replacement bars; they're filling and usually pretty reasonably priced depending on the brand. Otherwise yeah, PB&J :vanora_xd:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 04:20:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I've heard the convention hall is pretty big so lots of walking.

@Sulley: What brands do you recommend?

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 04:28:13 )

@Another Movie Addict:
If cost, taste, and level of fullness are most important, Atkins makes the best. I hear cliff bars are really good but I've never tried them.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 03:34:42 )
Get a cooler. A small one you can carry will do. Throw all your cold stuff in it and get a couple ice packs(or a couple ziplocs full of ice that you can refill as needed with the hotel's ice machine).

Granola/Nutrigrain bars. Packs of crackers. Nuts.(if you can, get the P3 packs with peanuts, sunflower kernels, and jerky -- great source of protein!) Little tins of vienna sausages are okay, too. Just make sure you have a plastic fork or something.

If you have a 7-11 rewards card, and a boatload of points banked, USE THEM. My card basically got me lunch all three days of Anime Mid-Atlantic, and dinner on Saturday night(hot dog, chips, and 20 oz. Dew).

That's all I can think of for right now.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 16:16:07 )

I was thinking about getting a cooler to take with, like a small one. Put lunch meats in it for sandwiches if I get sick of peanut butter and jelly.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 17:12:55 )
@Another Movie Addict: do it, it's worth it

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 05:10:35 )

I'd bring beef jerky for the protein.
maybe cereal to munch on as a snack, some cereal can be pretty good without milk.
(Avatar Closet)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 16:50:30 )
That's the beauty of con snacking -- if you can fit it in a bag, you're pretty much good to go.

See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 19:37:31 )
@another movie addict: take a cooler in the car, buy a bunch of uncrustables. Freeze them. Enjoy all day.

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.