Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts CLOSED

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 19:15:21 )

No idea if I'd like it xD. I'll watch fantastic beasts at some point though.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 19:57:43 )
@skettiyeti: Keeping Johnny Depp on board even though he abused his ex-wife, even though an actor was booted from the last Harry Potter film for a simple weed charge. Like really? Smoking pot is a no-no but beating your wife is cool? Okay, I see how that's fair. /biggest eyeroll of the century
Turning Nagini from just a simple snake into an actual whole ass Koreaon woman who turned into a snake. Like??? Way to fuck up everything, including literally turning Neville Longbottom into an Actual Murderer. Thanks, I hate it.
Apparating inside Hogwarts? Sure pal, cos that was specifically said to NOT BE ALLOWED. But fuck canon right?
Apparently McGonagall was there??? Aside from, you know, not being BORN YET????? But sure, we turned Neville Longbottom into a murderer, so why not just fuck up MORE shit.

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 23:22:36 )

@anarchist beauty: oh god yeah tbh johnny depp was a terrible decision. I didnt know somebody was booted for a weed charge but that is SO DUMB!
I dont know why people still stan Johnny 😒

And oh god I actually hecking forgot about Nagini. That was a really weird choice and just makes the whole thing super weird. I like to pretend its a coincidence that they share the same name.

Also GOOD POINT ON THAT I HADNT THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BUT NEVILLE DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER.

Yeah those are all good points. XD i agree completely with you haha! Ok but do you know the thing that happens at the end? That one definitely messed with me the most because I couldn't find any way to explain it that would have made ANY morsel of sense AT ALL xD

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 23:31:13 )

Oops forgot to reply to sha

@shadami: Yeah he plays grindlewald lol

Also I feel you though. I hardly go to the movies but if i do, i go on the cheap Tuesdays where its only like 5 bucks haha. But i also have a place out where i live that has movies that have been out for a while and their Tuesday showings are one dollar! But yeah... Mostly I just redbox. XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 23:33:06 )

WHAT?!?! How did I miss that?!?!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/8 02:00:08 )
@skettiyeti: I used to be a huge Johnny stan. He's damn good looking and one hell of an actor, but I can't sit here and continue to idolize a man who abused his wife. It's garbage. He is garbage.
I'd like to rewind to a point in time where he wasn't a douche canoe so I can continue to love my favorite movies in peace.

But I do not know the Thing at the end.
Tell me the Thing.

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/8 02:25:23 )

@anarchist beauty: exactly! He has made some amazing movies and I think its okay to still enjoy them, but its hard to agree with him atill getting work. To be honest i havent heard any interviews about it but maybe if he shows some actual remorse and learns from his actions it could become better. But yeah what he did... Not okay... :(

Okay so
okay so they are saying that the boy played by ezra miller, i cant remember his name, but anyway they are saying he is actually a Dumbledore >·> supposedly evidenced by the fact that a pheonix calls to him or whatever. Lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/8 13:58:04 )

He beat his wife!?!?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/8 21:58:31 )
@skettiyeti: No, instead he's trying to sue her for $50mil for supposed defamation.
He's absolute garbage now.

WHAT THE WHOLE FUCK?
Nope. Alright. Cool. Settles it.
Never paying anymore attention to these movies.
Ana is Done.

@Shadami: Yeah, that's why Amber Heard divorced him. He's an abuser.

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 03:10:53 )

@anarchist beauty: SERIOUSLY? OH MY GOOOOD WHAT AN ASSHOLE. That is LITERALLY insult to injury. I. Can't even with that.

YUP. YUP YUP. YUUUUP. I'm like *insert that meme of white lady with math around her*
Like I SWEAR if they try to say he's Arianas son i will lose my mind

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 03:36:44 )

I think it's just a tactic to control the boy.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 05:05:12 )
@skettiyeti: YUP.
The once love of my life has fallen so far from grace.
The man is in Tartarus and I have moved on to better people. lol

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 05:52:11 )
*Pokes head in room and looks around purely out of curiosity.*

Mind if I come in? Ravenclaw over here.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 06:34:22 )
@Phantasmagoria: Hogwarts is open to all!
Welcome fellow Ravenclaw!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 13:55:53 )

I had no idea. Ah well, tis a shame:( moving on ^^

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 17:11:17 )
What a shameful fall from grace! There are movies he's in that I've loved, but I don't feel comfortable watching even the ones that have been in my movie collection for YEARS. It just...taints the experience, y'know?
I enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts movie. (Newt is adorable) but there's a good chance I'll be skipping the second one.

@Anarchist beauty: Thanks! Good to see a fellow Ravenclaw and *sees tiny heart* fellow ace?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 19:47:43 )
@Shadami: Yeah, it honestly took me awhile to finally write him off.
I was holding on for so long, not wanting to believe it...
I wanted to go with the crowd of people who said Amber was lying, he'd never do that, etc.
But after awhile I had to separate myself from it. Just because he was my favorite actor didn't mean he couldn't be a jackass and an abuser.
Now I can move on to less problematic people.

@Phantasmagoria: Isn't it?
And I feel the same sometimes.
And it's especially hard because the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are some of my absolute favorite movies ever.
And I have the Jack Sparrow sparrow tattoo on my arm.
So it's permanently etched into my skin and because of his shitty actions and behavior I almost regret my favorite things.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 20:09:56 )
Yikes! I get where you're coming from (I don't have any tattoos but I did have POTC merch...)
There are talks of a possible Pirates reboot though, so maybe that will come with a new Jack Sparrow played by a less problematic actor? Who knows.

I was also one of those people holding on for so long, not wanting to believe it at all. A part of me still doesn't want to believe it (like I said, I've loved a number of his films), but I agree with the need to move on.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/10 07:33:01 )
I'm also wary over that supposed reboot.
Like... The 5th PotC film was already pretty garbage (to me, I didn't like it too much) so I'm like "eeeeehhhhhhh".
I don't want Disney to ruin it more than it already has, y'know?

I relate to that so hardcore. Part of me still fights it, like "no. no he's still the best."
But I try to shut that part up with reminding myself that the world loves to silence women who speak out against abuse.
As Johnny is still trying to do with Amber.
It is time to move on and find a new favorite actor.
Maybe Ryan Reynolds. lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/10 12:53:56 )

My husband is in love with Ryan Reynolds xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.